Sambata Village (solo) Trunk wolves pop far away

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Semperfifofum, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I decided to try the tank merc Grolla and overall I'm impressed, decided to try her in Sambata village which has the most annoying dots of the instances as a test. Didn't die once (playing a warlock with tank merc). Only had to heal myself once. Great merc...

But Trunk seems to spawn a wolf so far away that it pulls the merc out of range, so I can't cure it, so the battle basically stops... until I go into line of sight... by which time Trunk resets.

I fixed it by using "back off" at strategic moments, but I wonder if it was intended to have the wolves appear/spawn in the outer room?

Since this was an experiment I had cleared the outer room. If I hadn't it would've pulled my merc into a linked mob of 4 as well as the new wolf. Hmm. :\
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  2. Zylara Well-Known Member

The wolves have always spawned diff spots, i got taunted off name once before and was wondering why couldnt hit the damn wolf then looked at the range and he was over 100 mtrs away from me, put your merc on passive is prob your best bet
  3. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Well that would make the tank merc useless. I'm guessing that's not what they want, so..
  4. Zylara Well-Known Member

Tank merc is useless if its off elsewhere anyways
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  5. Avithax Well-Known Member

The wolf that taunts you actually runs away from you starting at 60m and disengaging at 100m. I always figured it was a condition of the fight designed to make you have to remove the taunt lock or stay alive until the wolf reaches 100m away.

Or kill Trunk before it ever happens.

At about 50% I put heavy dots on him which usually finish him off even though I can't directly attack. This is the only work around I have come up with considering it doesn't make them any money in the cash shop to fix the encounter so it's not going to get fixed.
    Argosunited and Semperfifofum like this.
  6. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I can never tell if they're spawning far away and running in or the reverse. I did see some of them spawning in the room, so I thought they were spawning in different points in the room and one of the spawn points was in the wrong spot. If there is a spawn point in the wrong place, just moving it to the tunnel would work.

But since I haven't used the tank merc until now I didn't notice if the wolves were running off. When I play it duo, the wolves stay on us, sometimes three or four, back when our dps was low. Curing doesn't help if I can't see the target. So if that's their intent, then having the wolf run out of the room isn't a good plan. As a lock, I have a single target cure I can use, but I have to have LOS. That's what caused the encounter to reset.

It has to be a bug though, because if you have a wolf of the encounter, tying up your merc, which is going to cause LOS, and therefore cause you to move, and therefore, causes you to get out of range of the named, and he resets, then it's a bug. There's no other definition of that.