Safe Fall

Discussion in 'General Scout Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Properman, Jan 6, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Properman Guest

Ive been working on my safe fall and finding it takes longer and longer to climb up high hills. Am I wasting my time on this skill or is there a use for it at higher levels?
  2. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

If by is there a use is it a skill that Devs have included in fight scripts? No.
    Is it a skill that is very handy when you jump off someplace in a dungeon and forget you have a non-featherfall mount buff on and you'd go splat if you did not have it? Hell yes.
    Edit: The ramp up from the docks in Butcherblock is a good place to work on the skill
  3. ARCHIVED-Elskidor Guest

Useless, but if you want to level it fast go to Sundered Frontier and hop on the first teleport. Then jump down to the entrance of the hole/DB area and use that port back up. Repeat, repeat, repeat...or use a flying mount. Sadly, it's pretty useless, but pretty fast to skill up.
  4. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

Man, I totally forgot that was where I leveled up the last 60 points in it. Thanks
  5. ARCHIVED-Gedov Guest

For the beginning levels of Safe Fall, if you're well-liked in Qeynos then the mage tower in South Qeynos is a good place to start raising skill. From the ground floor you can take the teleporter up to any of three different levels and jump down. So just start at the lowest level, jump, then take the teleporter right back up. When that level stops giving skill-ups, move on to the next level.
    Just remember to not land in the small pool of water on the ground floor. Somehow landing in an inch of water negates a 300 foot fall and won't increase skill.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cakeny Guest

I do the rope ladder cliff at beginning of Frostfang Sea newbie area.
  7. ARCHIVED-Glendari Guest

My very very favorite spot to start on safe fall with a new scout is Gorowyn Beach. Once you zone into the Gorowyn docks turn right off the docks and swim around the embankment until you reach a little beach alcove with a small pool toward one side. You'll know you're in the right place if you see a lot of red and blue level 20 Haoaeran venturers wandering about. I like it because it's an easy spot to get to from anywhere, is safe for both good and evil aligned folks, and even the lowest level newbies can spend all the time they need there since those Haoaeran bird guys are non-agro.
    Once you arrive at the alcove, go over to the little pool and turn so you face the pool with the cliff wall nearest it at your back. Then simply back up the wall and jump off, making sure not to land in the water. Once you hit the ground, back up the wall again, and jump again. Rinse and repeat as needed.
    The great thing about this spot is you can fine tune exactly how high you need to back up the cliff wall before jumping off, depending on how high your safe fall skill is. At first you go up the wall just a little and jump; then up higher and jump as your safe fall increases. And the best thing about this spot is you never have to take a teleporter, grab a lift or even turn around! Just back up and jump, back up and jump, back up and jump! You should be able to get your safe fall at least over 100 before the spot trivials out for you.
  8. ARCHIVED-ditch28 Guest

Kind of a necro thread.
    Once you get a flying mount you can practice safe fall anywhere. Hold spacebar til at the right height and cancel the mount.