Sadly......No groups on Rivervale

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Volkjager, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Volkjager New Member

It looks like there is not enough pop on the server to support groups at all. Is this going to be the norm for this new server?
    Mizgamer62 and Soara2 like this.
  2. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Sadly, that is going to be the norm because this game doesn't have the population any more to adequately sustain multiple servers.

They merged the live servers a while back to 4 because of the declining population and the free trade server IOR has been a ghost town for a while now. So many of us didn't understand why they added another Live Free Trade Server. It is sad, but was easily predictable.
    Argosunited, Soara2, Beee and 3 others like this.
  3. Mr Kotter New Member

I rerolled from Rivervale to Maj'Dul. a lot more active players there.
    Soara2 and Mizgamer62 like this.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

This is not really a surprise to most of us, and yes it is very sad.
  5. Xevran Well-Known Member

I think the dev team dramatically over-estimated how much people value skipping level 1-95. I was considering playing on Rivervale but with there being no real incentives I'd rather play on Maj'Dul where the population is.
    Soara2, Obano, Juraiya and 1 other person like this.
  6. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

All you can say at this point is I told you so.

They need to merge servers, not open more. But a lot of the playerbase is delusional and think because their guild has 15 players on daily the game population is healthy and there are zero issues.
  7. Loresinger Active Member

I can understand why a fresh start live server would appeal to people. I was interested in Rivervale until the day before it launched, when it was revealed it would also be a free trade server, figuring hey, might meet some new folks, and at worst maybe the server gets merged into another low pop live server some day, as they do with the time locked servers. But, we can all see what state Island of Refuge server is in right now. Already there wasn't even 100 people on Rivervale late last night. They really should have been thinking of ways to bring the population together more, rather than spreading it out.
    Soara2, Juraiya and Mizgamer62 like this.
  8. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I love the server, the folks there have been wonderful and what to me has been the best part of it is it didnt destroy or totaly bork any gear as when they opened TLE.
    As much as I want to fault them for yet another bad idea...ok, yea it was a bad idea but I am having fun and that trumps everything else for me.
    What I would still like to see is the old Battlegrounds and burbs put back in.
    If you ask me the biggest mistake they have made besides the microtransaction ftp move was putting the Heirloom/Notrade tag on dam near everything on the live servers. Thats what I really like about Free Trade
    Argosunited, Soara2, Cyrrena and 8 others like this.
  9. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

The server will most likely languish around for a year prior to being merged off. There seems to be a few folk buying merc crates / familiars to turn that into status points to pay for guild halls, unlocked armor and whatnot. At this point, it "feels" like IoR - just without the abundance of materials / gear / etc to buy.. (or plat)

Hopefully some lessons were learned - and when it comes time for another "new live server", the community will truly be asked what type we want...
  10. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

They will not ask, they never ask, it will be another 12 minute video that fails to say anything meaningful and what they have learned with the numbers they see with the opening of this one... how excited they are with the commitment the team has put in and what we are going to get. Period
    Ashandra, Soara2, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

wonder if there will be more players .. but who really need this server
    IoR is allready a Free Trade Server
  12. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

In my opinion, they should have made the 4 current live servers free trade. I think that might have been more appealing to players past, present, and future.

If they are determined to created more servers, it probably would have been better received if they had made another limited time event server (i.e. race to trak) if any thing.
    Argosunited, Ashandra, Soara2 and 7 others like this.
  13. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Completely agree, and with it being a 15 year mark it would have been the perfect time for it.
    Ashandra, Soara2, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  14. Cragfire Well-Known Member

I think all servers should be free trade servers, just automatically. My few days on Rivervale I still saw no-trade (or similar tag).... So what's the big deal, just have it on all the servers. People bypass it anyway with selling loot rights.

Sadly I didn't stay long on Rivervale.. Though I'd love a fresh start server, what ruined the experience for me (personal opinion) was the availability of level boost potions and loyalty tokens. Coin should of came into the server organically, a long with levels of players. That would of been a much better experience.. As least for me, I can not speak for anyone else.

Now Im just back on my main on AB server..
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  15. Bentenn Well-Known Member

if they really want something to work to bring people together, they would take all the FTP players and combine them onto one server and then merge 4 into 3 servers.. You would have one FTP server and 3 paid servers (4) if you count kalidum and of course your LOR server and what not, but ultimately 3 main servers where everyone is paid whether its cash or krono.. doesn't matter. I don't know why anyone would ever want to start "fresh" on a paid only server to just get back to the point they are on al live server lol.. use what is at hand and make some moves.. stop creating new that becomes wasted time.. just my two cents..
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Dockter Well-Known Member

Perhaps if DB would get their game engine updated so their client didn't perform like a potato then maybe more people would return.
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Siren Well-Known Member

In retrospect, allowing transfers off IoR was its final death knell. Who the heck would pay a sub to play on IoR when they can transfer one character over for 500 SC, load up on free trade items, then pay 3500 SC to transfer that character back home to their free server and continue playing for free for years instead (and not even have to buy new SC homes, mounts, fluff or leave their guilds)?

4000 SC total for transfers on and back off is $40 and they've loaded up with tons of free trade stuff they couldn't otherwise have. That won't even pay 3 months of a sub!

Hopefully, Daybreak has learned from this and never allows transfers off Rivervale. :confused:
    Soara2 likes this.
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

I'm mainly on Rivervale for Frostfell, Erollisi and other holidays now. My mains on F2P have done it all many times over already, and the first thing that happens is that the popular holiday zones crash right off the map for the better part of the day, or all four F2P servers crash down together. I'm sick of the poor server performance whenever everybody piles on during the popular times (even after new expansions launch, it's similarly bad).

Otherwise, I'm on Kaladim.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  19. parissa Well-Known Member

no groups... hmm... We had a blast killing dragons today... Some in groups some not... Some 110's most not... But we had fun we succeeded in killing those dragons and getting our achievements a few times... Gonna do it again next Sunday if anyone wants to join in on the fun...
  20. parissa Well-Known Member

Imagine all the trolls on one server... Imagine all the chat police on one server... Imagine all the annoying spammers on one server... Hmmm... Thats a scary kinda chat channel.... :eek: