Sack, satchel, sheath or pouch

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Dude of Life, Jan 11, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Dude of Life Guest

Is there any difference between these? I see that some have class restriction. A couple say piercing damage. And the sheath has some weapon restriction. But why do we have 4 versions of a fairly useless item? Or is there something I'm missing?
  2. ARCHIVED-Snickerdo Guest

The sack carries the ammo. Like a quiver carries arrows. It doesn't actually launch the shurikens, daggers, hammers or whatnot.
  3. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

The Satchel, Sheath & Pouch used to be restricted in what sort of ammo they used, but now it doesn't really matter even though they still mention what they used to use (or maybe they are still restricted, even though ah recently made mah assassin a ninja-toad ah really can't remember if it just mentioned it uses shurikins or if he can't use anything else if using shurikins)
    Oh, and they may not be as widespread as the bow (in the same way there are hundreds of phalic swords to every other type of weapon) but some classes who can't use a bow can still do ranged (like assassins being able to use any sort of ranged weapon for their ranged CA's, except for maybe 1 at high levels) so they are not a 'useless item'
  4. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

"Sack, satchel, sheath or pouch"
    doesn't matter what you call it.. you'll double over if you own one and get kicked there.
  5. ARCHIVED-Yrkantalus Guest

You left out bandolier. As posted above, the sack is different because it actually carries the ammo for you. The others give you stats like any other piece of equipment and can enhance your ranged weapon skill. I think the main reason today for there being 4 kinds of thing that do the same thing is so Tailors will have more recipes to level with.
  6. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

As a Monk I use these, the main difference is appearance. Only it looks like you are holding a throwing axe another a knife, hammer, throwing star, etc.
  7. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Bandolier, Pouch, Satchel, and Sheath. They use to do different damage types, now they are all uniformly the same except in preference of appearance. If you are wanting to look like you are throwing a specific ammo type, these are what you need to decide between...
    • Bandolier = Axe
    • Pouch = Shuriken
    • Satchel = Hammer
    • Sheath = Dagger
    I test ran each just last night for a guildie who wanted to be sure she was getting the shuriken graphic.
  8. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Wait, so if mah ninja-toad chose something other than the pouch, it would show a different weapon when he threw it, even though he is using shurikins? Bad enough his ranged CA's has him try and use his spear as a bow (complete with appropriate sounds)
  9. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

DrkVsr wrote:
    That's right. It doesn't matter which ammo you use, depending on your throwing weapon will determine what ammo you are seen throwing.
  10. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Well, the shurikins are still the better thrown weapon anyway :p