Russian language in game

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by prokgukker, Mar 21, 2023.

1. prokgukker New Member

Please who have russian language client? I want come to game,but in game dont have russian language, maybe daybreak add russian in game? our server in Russia closed?but me and my friends want to back to game.If i download old client with Rus language it did work?
    Sunlei likes this.
  2. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Hello, I don't know about the Russian language client for eq2 or about the way Russian EQ players make payment for subscriptions.

I know several Russian speakers play on the server Varsoon. There are 2 or 3 russian only guilds on Varsoon & they also played on the recently shut-down servers Tarinax and Kaladim. The client I use is english but they use discord chats for their guilds and type russian in /general chat all the time. Perhaps they use a russian client? They are very active players, do broker sales and pay for their subscriptions with krono they earn in game.

I hope you find a way back to the everquest games....This game NEEDS more players and especially players from ALL countries around the world. GL !!
    Wulfen likes this.
  3. Wulfen Active Member

My heart goes out to all the Russian players in these trying times, it's not easy to know how many there are. Our Maj'Dul guild lost a very good player who, finally after gaining the highest he could go, 9 hours difference from the rest of us, he felt forced to leave it and move to a European server. I don't even know if he is alive or not. Was fun to see sometimes what he typed in guild chat, came out in Cyrillic. He was a patient teacher of the game for me. Please, if you're alive and can read this, send your former guild leader a tell!
    Sunlei likes this.
  4. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I doubt any Western businesses AT ALL will be "adding Russian" to their products for a very, very long time. It would just be asking to be cancelled, and rightly so.
  5. Raeven Well-Known Member

I am not aware that EQ2 is offered in any other languages, if you mean the in-game text and descriptions. EQ2 states that it is an english language game.

Chatting with other players is done in Russian sometimes, as others have stated. I have seen messages in Cyrillic font in general chat, and I have seen Russian guilds as well.

There is the difficult option of using Google translate, but you would have to type spell descriptions and things like that into it, because I don't think you can copy those words from the game.
    Twyla likes this.