Runspeed Petition Proposal

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd, Nov 15, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-trystaad Guest

2. ARCHIVED-Hazeroth Guest

I agree with this thread.

Bards should get a new run speed for lvl ***55*** and lvl ***69.***<edited>

The 2/3 of the healing classes get a leg up on us. Shaman's run faster with their T7 Jboots and AA's. Druids because they can go anywhere at any time with their ports. And cheeta speed? What the hell is that? At no time should anyone ever go faster then a bard. Never.

Now that classes are getting ports and getting to go where every they need to a hundred times fasters then a bard can ever do I think it's not too much to ask for a low to high 60% run speed.

I want it to be like in the olden days when a bard's best defense is to just run like Forest Gump with 20 mobs hot on your heels laughing like a maniac and hoping you don't take a wrong turn and hit a dead end. (Can anyone remember Siren's Grotto?)

("The journey is half the fun" HQ isn't a Shaman messaging service).

Message Edited by Hazeroth on 11-19-2006 07:32 AM
    Message Edited by Hazeroth on 11-20-2006 05:22 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Maylon Guest

/agree
    if wizards/ warlocks and druids can return to the old days of ports... why can't bards have selo's back? and i mean the real selo's.. fiery feet and uncanny speed.
  4. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

Not only did I just sign this suggestion,

I will add that not giving selo's levitate is a disgrace, n, let me correct that its outrageaos.../blablerbla

okok, I know game mechanics and stuff, just increase the runs speed to 70 % where you can leave it be for about 1.5 expensions.
  5. ARCHIVED-BrainCandy Guest

My ranger can now buff group run speed better than a bard. 6% per rank in the enhance pathfinding line brings it to 46% group run speed buff. Do I think it's fair? No.

Before EoF I was planning on making a Fae dirge.. I figured they would get some awsome AA line speed boost and some other nice boosts and was looking to have some fun zooming around as a Fae dirge. Boy was I surprised when I saw it was me who got the awsome speed boost.

I played a troub on the pvp server to 55 then deleted him when the charm/mez and the spell proc song nerf hit. I am still waiting for the day they do something for bards so I can roll another one.

-BC
  6. ARCHIVED-Soldross Guest

Booya. Count me as putting my John Hancock on the idea as well.
  7. ARCHIVED-Spider Guest

this just makes me sick to my stomach
  8. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Guys: 55 and 69, to keep it in progression. Didn't know Rangers also got enhanced runspeed for pathfinding too... I'm alot unhappy about all this. =( 8 points AA spent to go slower than other classes. =(
  9. ARCHIVED-Lordviperscorpian Guest

10. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

Lordy, lordy, lordy.
    When the Guardians get a runspeed buff it's all over, gather the women and children and head for the hills~!
    Whysp
  11. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

But, I just thought, if they were going to update Selo's and put some sort of reactive on it, a good name for the power would be 'Don't Mess With The Messenger'.
    Whysp
  12. ARCHIVED-Krooner Guest

Everyone is getting safe fall.... Everyone is getting a run speed buff.
    Why dont you just give everyone tracking and get rid of the scout classes all together.
  13. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

To be fair, not everyone is getting run speed buffs... just those classes which have traditionally HAD runspeed buffs. My objection is that they go faster, cheaper, than bards do.
  14. ARCHIVED-Lindar Phamoncry Guest

While you cant blame it on SoE... EQ2Map has 90% of a scouts tracking
  15. ARCHIVED-nirmal Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Tinthalas Guest

17. ARCHIVED-Nordy Guest

18. ARCHIVED-aloevita Guest

Signed x 12!

I agree with all the above posters that identify this as a class defining characteristic.
    A levitate component would also be quite peachy!
  19. ARCHIVED-Orcid Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Superiorxgodz Guest

as a few people have said before, let the bards hold a drum or something to go super fast. Maybe Woodworkers can make drums that are useful....Like each tier the runspeed is enhanced, of course this drum would be bard only. So when your running you could have your drum in hand playing along while going very fast. This of course needs to be stackable with their already slow run speed buffs but hey that was obvious, well for us. Maybe not the D**S