Runspeed Petition Proposal

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd, Nov 15, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Gimlin Guest

/agree 100%

Bards like EQ1 FTW
  2. ARCHIVED-Migyb Guest

Yes, we are, and we should outclass the people who spent pounds o' plat on the fancy horses. Run speed is a class defining ability. Should I be able to spend a ton of money and feign death better than a monk? Or toss wards better than a defiler? Or for few plat get a harm touch better than a shadow knight?

I really like your sense of humor, but your current letter sounds like pleading rather than a statement. Something more like this is needed:

To whom it may concern;

The Bard community of Everquest is extremely dissatisfied with the current state of our run speed buff.

We received our last run speed upgrade at level 41. Most class defining abilities upgrade every 14 levels. This ability has not been upgraded in over 28 levels. This is inconsistent with the game design and philosophy that is currently implemented on live. We do not understand why this so.

We do not understand why systems such as druid/wizard portals, high speed horses and griffin/horse stations are implemented, but our run buff is not increased. If our run speed is seen as something that trivializes travel between zones, why are all these other systems in place? If the rate at which one travels between zones is not a concern, then why not increase our run speed?

The biggest disappointment is that the current situation is inconsistent with years of Everquest lore and a let down to all bards who enjoyed the freedom of movement that was a hallmark of this class.

Please increase the run speed of bards so we can proudly hold our heads up high and enjoy our class defining ability once again.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lindar Phamoncry Guest

4. ARCHIVED-SeBazNitch Guest

The Bard Dev needs to grow a pair of [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing balls and show up at the meetings or something and make the class worth playing. How the hell can it be justified to have healers that can run faster than us is beyond my comprehension. Fire the pos that is letting this class become a joke. Completely unacceptable to have to get a SoW to run as fast as my healer.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mikaelous Guest

I was talking to a lvl18 Fae warden this morning who told me that, with a race trait and SoW he could be able to hit 45% run speed . . . and that was at lvl18.
    I'm more than happy to sign.
  6. ARCHIVED-Morganth Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

The race trait isn't stacking with SoW... that's the enhanced druid form.

My feedback template:
    Bard runspeed enhancement
    As of the latest expansion to the game, you have added a number of improvements to runspeed, allowing druid Spirit of Wolf to accelerate up to 45% faster, and for shamans up to 50% faster runspeed adjustments. And both of these for *less* alternate advancement points than a bard has to spend to get even close.
    When you implemented the Selo's upgrades to bards in Game Update 13, you stated at the time your intention was not to raise this ability any further than our last (level 41, 34% runspeed increase) version.
    Since you have now increased runspeed for other classes, we can only assume that the reason for not increasing the Selo's line no longer exists. Please consider (and implement) upgrades to the Selo's lines for levels 55 and 69, and/or improve the performance increase provided by the Kingdom of Sky alternate advancement points spent.
    This area (run speed enhancement) has been a hallmark for bards in EverQuest lore since the game was released. That lore is also consistent with bard lore in quite a variety of games, but regardless of those games, it is true and has been true for bards since the release of EverQuest live.
    I will not use the "class defining ability" rant that so often plagues requests for upgrades or consideration, because it doesn't *define* the class. It is however, very much a hallmark, and the most recent update took that one area of complete excellence away from bards. Much as other classes perhaps ought not to be able to use control spells to effect against epic targets, so should our ability be respected in the same fashion.
    Thank you for your time and attention.
  8. ARCHIVED-Galeden Guest

Agree 100%, we need a speed boost!
  9. ARCHIVED-Shadowinajar Guest

though mika is a freep..
    i polish my jboots in the mornin in the evening and so on

only to fake that we bards are still the masters of speed..:smileysad:

i hope they never look down my equipment and my smile will catch their view

or they turn away laughing and huggi their new aas..shiiii$%&

*polish*

Edit*: oh yes i was one of those bards who buyed aas for speed..all 8 ..can you see that bruise on my cheek..*slap*
    Message Edited by Shadowinajar on 11-17-2006 06:13 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Urduxanga Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Vinton Guest

As of yesterday I just stopped playing my EQ2 Dirge at all and am moving to EQ1. This change has made me rethink the entire game, not just the class.
  12. ARCHIVED-TheScowl Guest

They should do what Eq1 did to improve run speed. Give a us a drum or some instrument that must be put into the primary slot. I would love to run faster than anyone else except other bards. People may say this is not Eq1 but this game is based on it, like it or not.

I also want to make my group dance again.:smileytongue:
  13. ARCHIVED-josh.kaz Guest

/agreed and signed

While I enjoy having my speed boosted when grouping with a ranger or a warden, we have lost one of our class defining abilities.. and I am not crying.. but hey.. itd be nice for us to get a break in here while everyone else does.

/signed
  14. ARCHIVED-Andivari Guest

I completely support this petition. I can not believe we have an "upgrade" to Cheap Shot in our AA line and another so called upgrade to a level 35 non upgradeable debuff, but, no run speed, in combat or out bonus.
  15. ARCHIVED-AngelNova Guest

16. ARCHIVED-cr@sh Guest

/Fully raises hand
  17. ARCHIVED-YciaAoso Guest

Right now i am in a group with a warden and he gave me SoW. What should i say 67% runspeed.

I can only agree, fix out run speed.
  18. ARCHIVED-ListonChi Guest

I agree! This needs to be addressed
  19. ARCHIVED-Laromor Guest

I fully support this petition.
    Either.. boost Selo's in general and give us an upgrade to the spell at 56 and 70.
    Or.. add +5% runspeed to the EoF Selo AA.
    Or.. something different as long as it boost our (groups) runspeed.
  20. ARCHIVED-guanie Guest

I agree with the petition !!! :smileyhappy: