Runspeed Petition Proposal

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd, Nov 15, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Krooner Guest

Yeah I agree. This is actually an old aurgument / concern of mine.
    Were still getting utility but we are being vastly outpaced by other classes ( and now with tinkering items.) There will come a point where any utility we can add will be trivial if the current trend is not reversed.
  2. ARCHIVED-theredraven Guest

im a zerk...and heck...dirges should be running faster then me...alot faster
  3. ARCHIVED-joshshift Guest

boo hoooo hooo, im a bard and im to slow... boo hooo. devs fix my weak class. please cause im crying about it so hard.
  4. ARCHIVED-munos Guest

joshshift wrote:
    Oh Oh ***clap***clap*** wow your words are like wisdom that falls onto dog poo. No one cares. People trying to make good constructive comments here then a twit like you happens along ***clap***clap***
  5. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

[p] Well, hey... Josh DID manage to bump the thread, which I think needs some prominence again, because they did NOT fix runspeed in any way shape or form. =( We're now tied for fastest only in the end game, and only if we spend 8 AAs to get there (on top of 9 other mandatory points!) For the first 55 levels we're still slower.[/p][p] [/p][p] Fix it please. It's not out of line to put us up a bit higher. Make those 8 AAs mean more than 1% per. =([/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-knorah Guest

Sorschae@Najena wrote:
    Exactly Sorschae! The dev's didn't do jack squat. They moved numbers around. That's it. We are still due for increased speed in that AA line and this time, devs need to actually put some more numbers in and not just move them from an aa line to a spell or vice versa. Geez..they must think we're morons who don't know how to read, add or subtract. /sigh...spinning my wheels....i know...:-(
  7. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

[p]You know what'd be cool -- if the various bard-armor boots (Nightchord, Sonorant, Vhalen's, Requiem, whatever-goofy-things-the-troubs-get) at least had 10% runspeed so we wouldn't need to wear ancient J-boots to keep our speed up in the range where it oughta be. [/p][p]Of course, if I stop using my J-boots I'll have to apply for a Superfund grant to manage the disposal. They're that manky. SOE probably doesn't want the bad publicity and long-term liability of a bunch of old bard J-boots buried and contaminating the water supply somewhere. [/p][p]Whysprr[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-TheSleepyOne Guest

[p]So there I was, in my fabled gear, at TS docks, on my way to Freethinkers... [/p][p]Waiting for the boat to Butcherblock; a little lvl 30'ish gnome mystic ran past.... stopped.....ran back and cast SoW on me.[/p][p]I was a sad dirge...... :cry:[/p][p] [/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

[p]That happens to me a lot, too. Some of them are just being nice, I'm sure -- but some of them are gloating. ~grumble~[/p][p]Still, it's nice to be fast for awhile. [/p][p]Whysp [/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-munos Guest

[p]They should give us a quest to get a in game item like a pair of boots that gives us like 30% more speed. I dont know but a item would be great I think and make it level 60 above.[/p][p]Is incombat run speed still broken or fixed yet?[/p][p] [/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-TheSleepyOne Guest

[p]Yeah...but somehow I get this overpowering urge to beat them to death with their own shoes, even if they are just trying to be nice....[/p][p]I doubt I would be able to catch them tho......:-( [/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Kodoku Guest

As of Sunday it is still broken.
  13. ARCHIVED-Anastasie Guest

[p]Well - here was their response to my petition. They completely ignored the problem with the non-combat run speed, but at least they do acknowledge the in-combat run speed is broken.[/p][hr][p] [/p][p]Greetings Daisyblue! Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment In-Game Customer Service. I understand that the achievement Harbinger's Sonnet does not increase the in-combat movement speed. . I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please note that this is a known issue currently in game and it has been forwarded to our Development Team for further investigation. I request that you wait until Developers fix the issue. You can also file a detailed bug report directly to the Quality Assurance Team by using the /bug command. They will investigate this in details and will notify the Development Team to fix it if indeed there is an issue with it. To find more information on how to submit an accurate bug report with all the desired information, please visit our knowledge base at http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bin/soe.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php and enter "15881" in the "Search Text" box. This will directly take you to step by step process of submitting an effective bug report. Please note that bug reports are not reply back by our Development Team. They'll review your report and work with the bug testing team to resolve the issue. I suggest that you keep an eye on the forums at http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/forums/list.m for the latest updates and announcements. If you need assistance with any other issue in game, please feel free to contact us again. Thank you for your patience and good luck to you! Sincerely, GM Larissa EverQuest II Sony Online Entertainment [/p][hr][p] [/p][p] Customer 03/15/2007 11:48 AM [/p][p]Broken AA - Harbinger's Sonnet This AA is currently not working correctly and has been broken since GU#32. The In-combat run speed associated with this AA is not working at all. Run speed while in-combat is currently 0 with 8 points in the ability. If you read the game update notes this was what was supposed to happen to the AA: "Harbinger's Sonnet - Benefit is now directly tied to Selo's without having to cast another spell, and slightly increase the non-combat movement speed." http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=350001 The non-combat run speed was not increased as stated - instead it is actually lower. I am currently running at the same exact speed as prior to the game update. We did get the new run speed spell that is listed in the update notes: "Selo's Speed of Sound, a new upgrade of Selo's Accelerating Chorus is available at level 55" But - the AA for run speed is still broken weeks after going live. We were supposed to get an upgraded run speed spell as well as in increase to non-combat run speed with the Harbinger's AA. So there are currently 2 things broken with the AA - the in-combat run speed is not working at all and the non-combat was supposed to be increased - and was mistakenly decreased. I have 8 points in this ability and it really needs to be fixed please. [/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-ZUES Guest

I agree this would be good.
  15. ARCHIVED-Mildavyn Guest

[p]Perhaps a bard only adornment for boots that gives +10% run speed? I dont know about the rest of you, but im kinda annoyed that druids (think warden?) get +10% run on their class set boots, but the bards do not.[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

I would prefer that they didn't fix us with itemization. I think the 55 runspeed should be 40% and we should get a 69 runspeed buff that puts us at 46%. Then if we max out harbingers we could reach 54% runspeed. If they wanted to add bard only runspeed adornments on top of that then I would consider it perfect.
  17. ARCHIVED-TheScowl Guest

[p]After a few months leaving my dirge behind on Pvp server, I figure I would start a Dirge again on a blue server. I was going make a new dirge but notice I still had and old Troub that was 54. So I am in the process of turning him in a dirge. It is old account and does not have the lastest expansion, but I can still use the bard tree for AAs. Once he got to level 55 and 8 points in Harbinger's Sonnet I notice that it was a run speed of 56%. I remember my pvp dirge having 56% with out having the 55 level spell. I did reread the notes.[/p][p]Well Jeez, Thanks alot. I felt like I traded my already paid off old Dodge for a new Dodge, but got back the same old Dodge but with payments.[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

[p]Since I've recently begun to play a Dirge, I support this proposal.[/p][p]Well, actually, I really support it because I'm in favor of anything that helps Bards do their primary job, which is to make us Swashies look even more fabulously awesome & sexeh than we normally are. & I know that task is incredibly difficult, given our extraordinary inherent awesome sexehness, but that's why I love Bards, because you manage to do it anyway.[/p][p]<3 Bards -- the only other people that understand the importance of looking GOOD![/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-Krooner Guest

[p] [/p][p]Our Level 69 run speed buff should be No less than 50%. At all times each tier our buff should be at least as fast as the fasted mount. [/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-Android9 Guest

I'm all for what you're saying here, but in all honesty I think petitions are a complete waste of time unless you actually have to pick your tookus up off the couch, go outside and do something physical (hopefully painful) to get your message across. Otherwise, what is the point? If I took the time to click Reply, type, I agree and hit Submit, I would expect NOTHING to change at MOST! At the very least I'd expect devs to pull up to my house in a "Whambulence" and start pelting me with various Nerf(tm) products. So unless you can come up with some form of protest that's slightly more involved than just adding my name to a list, (One that's not even printed out, no less) then please don't bother. You're just embarrassing yourselves. Some suggestions: [ul][li]Mass protest in-game (all Dirges suspend billing until changes are made)[/li][li]Mass protest out of game (I've "heard" that Sony Online Entertainment offices are based in San Diego, and if you can get 200+ people to show up, i'm there. I'll even put on an Iksar costume)[/li][li]Mixture of both (How bout fasting until changes are made? hard to do, and it'd probably help to be in good physical condition, plus you'd probably have to start a blog and document your progress)[/li][/ul] In the meantime I have my war-barded pony now, I'm happy as a clam. Friend asked me why I don't use the potion that gives you the uber run-speed. I told him, "I don't do drugs. My music is my motion."