Rune of Celestial bugged?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Vogie, May 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vogie Active Member

I have asked a couple times in Discord with no response so I will ask here. Are the devs planning on looking into this buggy proc? it seems very random but more often then not it will just not proc at all during fights. Sometimes zoning into a raid zone it just stops working or if you die and get rezzed mid fight it will stop proccing. I went a full 6 minutes last night during the 2nd boss fight in Vaedenmoor, Heart of Nightmares. I purposely did not swap my main hand to test if it was just a late proc but 6 minutes without a proc is totally not working as intended.

I love the rune itself but I'm going crazy with it not proccing. I try to un equip and re equip my main hand after every wipe or during a fight where it hasn't procced for over 2 minutes BUT doing so during T4 encounters breaks your off hand and ranged weapons. Really annoying to say the least, please have a look at this effect as I DON'T want to swap back to the Purple Ethereals but they at least work as intended.
    Azian likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Do you have any of the old ethereal square adorns equipped?
    They seem to interact oddly with the orange adorn.
  3. Vogie Active Member

No i do not, I removed them after one of the Devs said in Discord it was an exploit to use both the orange rune with the purple ethereals.
  4. Jrox Well-Known Member

Bump... Hoping for some feedback from Devs on this. Or is it possible it's posted somewhere else? The proc on mine has hit back to back a couple of times and then has had no procs at all through entire raid nights. That's like 3 and a half hours for me.
  5. semisus Does not play this game

this is something that needs to be looked at
  6. Kioske Well-Known Member

We had a healer in our raid force have it proc over and over every 5 seconds for over an hour (So he had the effect 100% during every encounter for over an hour) and then some people complained that went entire raids without the proc going off. I've personally had it be very hit or miss, and as Vogie complained, the only way that seems to "reset" the rune is to unequip the weapon and reequip it (though that is not always a working solution). This is impossible to do during T4 fights, which are pretty much the only fights the rune is really needed anyway, since runes proccing on the T3 mobs risk a panic script. (No joke, I do not cast anything big on a rune proc because even without rising tide and huge ascension combos we are killing T3s in less than 2 minutes anyway).

Is it not possible to just "copy paste" the code from the previous ravaging proc straight onto the orange adorn, so that it works properly? Something is clearly not right with this rune, and would be a shame if this is considered "working as intended". Also a shame that no devs reply on forums, but now they aren't replying on discord either?
    Revanu likes this.
  7. Jrox Well-Known Member

Lol, give them a chance. It was a holiday weekend and they were posting here in the threads just before the weekend. ;)
    Snikkety likes this.
  8. Revanu Well-Known Member

Imagine if it worked in cohesion with the ethereal runes. Those panic scripts might break the game... LOL
    Snikkety and Kioske like this.
  9. Kioske Well-Known Member

In fairness, they never respond on the forums, and if they do respond on Discord, half the time it is trolling. That aside, this is something that has been going on since the adorn was added, so it's not just like it's the holiday weekend.....
    Azian and Jrox like this.
  10. Veta Well-Known Member

I'd imagine the issue being how the item is applied. Previously, the ethereal adornments applied a buff. The buff was applied instantly on equipping and re-applied after whatever circumstance, such as death. There seems to be a lot of hard coding errors in the adornment. For instance, the 30-second hard cooldown doesn't work and you can have multiple procs within a 30-second time frame. I have also heard of other players not receiving the full duration, usually those within mage groups. I have not experienced the reduced time, or at least I don't think I have, but if it is occuring, I'd imagine it being affected by something like harmonization from a troub.
    Beee likes this.
  11. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I hope it doesn't get messed up when they "fix" it, either by making it proc even more erratically - or even less duration..etc et al. My DPS is all over the place now with no real way to time how CG is going to fire off. Do I just sit there and do jack squat until it decides to proc, then run my casting order...? Or do I just run my casting order in hopes its going to proc? I just have a sneaky feeling that once all is said and done in regards to the fix - CG will only be .002131944 better than having 3 eths from before.. you know.. to keep things in line with "progression".
  12. Vogie Active Member

Caith - Today at 4:07 PM
    I haven't been able to repro any issue with Celestial Gate

Not the answer we were looking for but an answer none the less, a few people chimed in on their issues hopefully Caith will take a closer look but in the mean time I'm swapping back to the old runes to see how worse off i am without the Celestial rune.
  13. Beee Well-Known Member

Whenever possible reequip the weapon after zoning and resurrection, then it will work as expected.

Beware of the "Switching out the weapon ruins instant the secondary" feature in some zones. Thats almost as nice as the panic scripts :mad:
  14. Azian Well-Known Member

Yes, reequipping the weapon upon zoning or rez usually works but even that isn't 100%. Went 8 minutes 36 seconds with zero procs on a T4 last night. Remembered to reequip after we wiped and seemed to be doing fine with procs from the Rune happening until I pulled aggro and died about a minute and a half in. No more procs for the entire rest of the encounter. It was special.
  15. Fairin Active Member

solution. buy a second epic. switch it out on t4 bosses with the real one with the rune in it to fix the res problem and the breaking weapons problem at the same time. ?
  16. Vogie Active Member

It's greater relic you get a nice error message when you try to do that saying you can only have 1 greater relic equipped. The game doesn't recognize like for like unfortunately.
  17. Kioske Well-Known Member

Is that a solution you currently employ? Weird that you would suggest a solution if you have no clue if it works or not... As Vogiee said, if you try to swap a greater relic with another greater relic, it says that you can only have 1 equipped, even if the act is supposedly un-equipping one.
  18. Alakazou Member

Exactly my experience too.
  19. Fairin Active Member

what world do you live in, offering solutions to probems is weird to you?

i didn't test it myself as i was asking the question if anyones tried it.

i reforged mine with a major illusion and wardrobed it before testing it long long ago. The t4 mobs are currently broken beyond all belief right now (at least on AB she still hits for 100s of millions) cant actually test it. was gonna the next time. guess i'll save some status =)
  20. Kioske Well-Known Member

Just thought it was interesting that you said it matter of factly, as if it was a solution you used. Though, I do live in a world where you offer solutions that you've tried and tested, instead of offering ones that you have no clue about. If that seems weird to you, then carry on.

Adding a question mark to the end of a statement doesn't really make it a question? (See what I did there?)

I'll save you some trouble and status though, don't buy a second epic and attempt this. Trying to replace a greater relic with another greater relic will give you a red message "you may only equip 1 GREATER RELIC at a time." Used to try to do it to swap the hammer from last expac in, get the fervor proc from it, and then switch back before the orange adorns. Tested again today, just to make sure it has the same issue and it does.

Would be better if DBG would code the rune better instead of just saying "It's working fine, not sure what your complaint is about" when just about everyone is complaining about it not triggering correctly. I'd imagine it has to do with the fact that the old ethereal runes used to put a buff on you when you equipped them, and the Celestial rune does not, but the Celestial rune is supposedly "copy paste" of the ravaging rune. Somewhere along the way, the coding doesn't get accepted because it's looking for the buff, is my best guess.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.