Rune channel mastery ( coercer class )

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Unao, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Unao New Member

Hi,

Before the patch that rune was bug :
    -> 50 fervor + 50 overcap on decription
    -> 25 fervor + 25 overcap on tool tips
    -> no fervor overcap

After patch
    -> overcap still not work ( the most important )

My personnal suggestion : ( i know that mana cloak is an AA )
    Replace Channel by Mana Cloak
    Making Mana Cloak in HOT (cause actually that spell is useless)
    add 10 fervor for the duration ( 30s )

Again, the work you've done is really bad, because you're putting online upgrades early (that are not even tested),
    Then by pity, take your time to do the job properly and present us quality content.
    Malleria and Kraeref like this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'd rather it wasn't something that requires AA... especially since coercers are already forced to use 22 AA to get the ability that one of their epic 2.0 abilities buff...
    Channel is a bad one though.. an art with a base reuse of 15 minutes is a bad one to buff...
    Malleria likes this.
  3. Praetorian Well-Known Member

I have suggested to the dev team to move the ability from Channel to something like Mana Cloak. But the team doens't seem to like that idea. Moving that ability to Mana Cloak puts it more in line with the Celestial Rune. I don't understand myself why the dev team has such a focus on that channel ability. That ability has not been relevant for chanters for 3 years but they keep putting abilities on it with the class cloaks and now the rune.

My other idea to Caith was to change that rune entirely to something like making Destructive Mind group wide. You can already cast destructive mind on multiple people so all it would have to do would be instead of making it targeted it casts the reactive on everyone in the group. Very little coding needed for dev time to do it.

Illusionists already have more utility and better dps output and not giving coercers a little bit of love is just another reason why guilds will continue to go with Illusionists over Coercers.

Praetorian
    EQ-Raiders.com
  4. Gregore Active Member

My Coercer has been my raid main since the SF XPAC. Channel mastery is garbage. You have to spend at least 20 AA points on useless garbage stuff to be able to spec for it, it has a 5min recast, and it's very situational. I have the new orange rune, but haven't tested it yet to see if it's actually working. I finally put this channel back in my AA spec for the orange rune, but hate wasting all of the AA's on useless crap. Illys have it so much better than us with the orange rune, and their epic ability to reset folks. They already out DPS us all things being equal. What's a Coercer to do, short of betraying? I still beat the bad ones on the parse, but I can't beat one that knows how to play their class, especially since these new orange runes hit. I'm getting owned by our best raid ILLY now, where I was beating him probably 60% of the time prior to the orange runes. Coercers need more love!
  5. Praetorian Well-Known Member

The sad thing is that there are is very low population of raid coercers. I don't think there will be a big enough movement to get changes done because our collective voice is rather small. I don't feel that the classes are balanced enough with our chanter counter parts and more attention is given to Illusionists because they have a higher end game population than coercers do. Raids used to want to have 2 illies and 2 coercers. Now raids want 2 or 3 illies because of their reset ability and dps and utility ability and MAYBE 1 coercer to throw in the MT group because..well... what else are you gonna put in there?

The devs tossing out another CHANNEL based ethereal ability was a hard one to understand. Coercers complained about it in Thalumbra to no avail and nothing changed. Did the ability get changed? Did it lower the recast on channel by 50%? No. It's the exact same unwanted and worthless modification it was before. The only reason coercers have it is because it's replacing the purple runes from last expansion. If the Ethereal cloak had a purple OR orange slot on it... I'd choose the purple. Just like many scouts went back to the purple runes because the celestial rune is almost pointless since the changes.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Channel doesn't take AA to get (and it's got 7.5 min reuse).. it's mana ward that takes 20 AA to get and has a 5 min reuse.. I agree both are pretty useless though.
  7. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it doesn't trigger every time when you cast channel.
    Overcap doesn't apply 100%
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

With a 7.5 minute reuse and a mere 8 sec duration it doesn't work every time? Wow... just wow.
  9. Praetorian Well-Known Member

I noticed this the other day as well that it doesn't seem to apply every time. Even if the rune also reduced channel to an even 5 minutes recast I would take that as a good compromise.