RUMOR OR TRUTH?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cassta, May 13, 2021.

1. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

What a strange reply.
    Breanna, Cassta, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I don't think it is strange at all. Why would you think it was strange ttobey ? I'm not arguing, just curious.
    Doobius40504 and Cassta like this.
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Some of us have been interacting with you for over 12 years, so you kind of know how we roll. If you think any of us would allow another team member to experience/work in a toxic environment, then you haven't been paying attention. We all have each other's back.
    Kattt, Breanna, Cassta and 5 others like this.
  4. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

It is an assumption. A strange assumption? No.

All one has to do is visit Glassdoor and the assumption becomes a plausible one. That being noted, most of your customers LOVE most of you guys. There are a couple of folks, however, who are widely recognized as toxic toward the game and its customers.

Dreamweaver did a good job communicating honestly with the community. He was responsive and proactive. He didn't treat your customers like they're a burden.

You, Gninja, Chrol, Kaitheel. Love you guys, and we appreciated Dreamweaver for the same reasons we appreciate you folks..
    Cassta likes this.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

Well that isn't what is reported in gaming circles. I've read, more than once, that things get pretty heated occasionally. As for the devs, I know nothing about any of you, or how you interact with one another, but there have been a lot of changes, in recent years, and that can cause stress which can lead to a poor work environment. And it has been repeatedly published that you all are working with a severely-limited staff, so again, a toxic work environment is a real possibility.

Here are a few of the articles that seem to reflect a few issues. I didn't add highlighting--it came as part of the dualshocker quote.

"While in the past few years the company has experienced layoffs and other hurdles, at the beginning of 2020 the company established a restructuring plan to devote teams to several of its franchises and titles." (https://www.dualshockers.com/daybreak-game-company-acquisition-eg7/)

"As for whether the acquisition would result in layoffs for any Daybreak employees, an EG7 representative did not immediately respond." (https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-12-01-eg7-acquires-daybreak)

I got even more info from Glassdoor and Zoominfo, among other sites, which indicate stressors within the company. But that is often true of just about any company that works in a rapidly-changing, competitive environment. Throw in a pandemic and things can get pretty tense.

Therefore, it isn't a stretch to wonder why Dreamweaver is leaving at this particular time. I'm just hoping Dreamweaver has been happy at Darkpaw and is leaving to further his career and not due to issues within the company..

Cassta and Geroblue like this.
  6. FlyxCutlery New Member

You're one of those people that thinks they know what's really going on, only to be wrong most every time.
    Cassta likes this.
  7. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Toxic work environment = Negative Nancys on EQ2 Forums and Debbie Downers on EQ2 Discord.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Cassta likes this.
  8. Doobius40504 Active Member

I did not read that as an "assumption" at all. I read it as a "possibility", and not something to jump to conclusions about. All around a non-sequitur.

Peace!
    Cassta likes this.
  9. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

In fairness, the statement was oddly phrased as a sort of Hobson's choice: (1) his own decision or (2) toxic work environment (which can also mean players are toxic). Obviously, the poster could have chosen better words to not create that somewhat false choice/dichotomy. For all we know, Dreamweaver has a degree in journalism and is being actively recruited by a news network, etc.

Anyways, it is water under the bridge.
    Doobius40504 and Cassta like this.