Rum Cellar Highlights: What You Need to Know

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Wurm Well-Known Member

A drunken monk.
  2. Griff Well-Known Member

Little known fact in restaurants and diners: When you see a *special*; in most cases it either is, or is made from items that have not sold well and need to move fast or go to the trash. "Our chef created this dish as a *special* that he felt our customers were deserving of" is often the result of the manager coming to the chef and saying "Can't afford to throw this out, do something!".
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Creative cooking FTW! Can't argue with that approach.

Now what should I do with this 1.5 foot long cylinder of Black Forest Ham I got really cheap? I'm thinking quarter it and freezer.
    Griff likes this.
  4. jeradl Member

So people that never bought AoM now get the adventure pack for just an extra $5 but those of us that already bought it will have to pay $15 - 10% (13.50). That is some bs messed up way to treat your good customers that already had bought from you. Someone in your accounting/sales dept failed hard on that math. Just lower it to 5 bucks for the rest of us as well to be fair and make us happy. Your current customer should not be paying more than a new one for it.
    Merriel likes this.
  5. Charoite New Member

The first announcement I read for the Rum Cellar campaign said that they knew that AoM was a bit "light" of content, considering the price we paid for it. So they (devs) were making new content to fill in the void, so to speak. AoM promised lots of things, which we did get most of. Sony had said more would come later in game updates. Now, it isn't Sony, but Daybreak Games...and all previous statements are made null and void, and even though it has been admitted that AoM was "light" in content for the price...we still must pay to get the new campaign. Which is to be expected, considering Sony, and now Daybreak, are in the business to make money. Fine. But charge everyone the same price. Bundling the campaign at a discount with the AoM expansion is cool, but this pretty much screws anyone that had already purchased AoM. This is why people are upset. Understandable, considering how much we paid for AoM. I like the idea of the campaigns, releasing new content more often. How about giving current AoM owners a bit of incentive for paying more for the campaign? Make the extra cost worth-while by giving them something from the campaign that would normally be a rare drop, or give them bonus loot while in the campaign instances, etc. Just a thought...
    Merriel likes this.
  6. Almee Well-Known Member

I won't be spending any obscene amounts of money for gear. I'm perfectly happy adventuring outside of AoM and RC.
  7. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

My issue with this 'campaign' isn't the absolute price, although I still think it is too much - it is how much is costs compared to the SE version of the last Expac.

For me in UK, it costs almost half what the standard AoM costs, but contains significantly less than half the content. One zone with a range of difficulties and some new gear is not worth half as much as the two overland zones, loads of dungeons (with range of difficulties), crafting stuff, questlines etc etc etc.

$15 isn't that much in entertainment terms, but compared to the price of the last expac and the entertainment that provided, it isn't even close to value for money.

That's what worries me - we'll end up getting these 'Campaigns' which will add up to way more over a year than an SE expac but have much less content.

I'm very happy to pay for my entertainment, and to support this game - it's why I still sub despite not being able to play as often any more, but I still believe in value for money.
    Merriel and flameweaver like this.
  8. Bashem Well-Known Member

Big clumsy ogres dont like playing the solo RC content which is making me try to play a stealth and jumping game.

Its a pita WTF moment.