Rum Cellar Highlights: What You Need to Know

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Khaibit New Member

I'm really looking for more content to get to level 100 rather then the 100+ content. I already have a couple of level 100 characters, however the MoA content is so limited it has become boring.
    Bashem likes this.
  2. Thunuderfueler Member

I have 14 toons at 100.Also 10 toons at 100 crafter.I purchased the CE for AOM and now they want more money for a $5 adventure pack(campaign) well that isn't going to happen.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  3. Bashem Well-Known Member

I predict they sell the campaign for $15 to get those that want/need it and then when the sales slow down they sell the campaign to the rest of us at a reduced price.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  4. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

Am I the only one listening to and remembering what has been said on the pod casts and in forums ??? This campaign is not an "adventure pack" it is the next expansion...it was stated several times by Holly that instead of waiting a year for updates and content they will be spreading it through out the year, and seen in that light the 14.99 is not unreasonable. And I have to say I always buy all content even packs ... I hate , and I mean I hate hitting a zone or area I can't play or enter or get with a group and then have to drop because you didn't get your ticket to play ALL the content. having the cost of the expansions spread out is actually going to work better for me
    Laiina, Naramsin and Griff like this.
  5. Bashem Well-Known Member

I too tired to reiterate on your whole post but campaign does not equal an expansion its just part of what use to get buying an expansion with more unknown prices and campaigns coming so you have no idea how much you will pay going forward to buy all the campaigns.
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  6. Ruckus Well-Known Member

7. Badwolfe Member

I for one will not be buying this, as far as I am concerned I pay enough, what with money for expansion packs, money for all access and money for station cash. I used to love it when it came to big game updates, now it feels like something to dread with these bit parts.

Having said that, it you did something along the lines of another certain game, whereby you earn points by completing achievements, that would work for me. All those achievements feel pointless as I don't really get anything for the effort. I want them to mean more and I would like better rewards for doing them. but hey what do I know, you can't please everyone.
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  8. Laiina Well-Known Member

I know that most, if not all, in our guild will be buying it that currently have AoM.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

That doesn't look like the information in terms of 'What I need to know' as a player. That looks like pure marketing fluff.

It would be much better if we had a write up on what is significantly changing in terms of game play mechanics (cause quite a bit of it is). This is particularly needed this time as DBG has distributed the information in too many places and a central list doesn't exist. More over, one that highlights the significant game play that is changing would be extremely relevant and of interest to players. Certainly more so than some generic marketing speal.

However, if you want to highlight on what you posted, at the very least describing where this content falls in terms of progression should have been included, as its pretty hard to make any informed decision on it otherwise.

In either case, I don't think we found anything we 'need to know' in this.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  10. Farietail New Member

I couldn't have said it any better - Not a raider and prefer to solo - 15 toons stuck at lvl 96 - bored with the lack of new content for TS and Decorating....thank god it's spring so I can find other better things to do with my time right now. Hoping by winter they wake up and realize they are going to lose a good part of their population if they keep this strategy up. Pfffffttttt
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  11. baconlettuceandtomato Active Member

Well I stopped going to the movies almost completely. I can count on one hand the movies I've been to in the last 5 years. You can buy a book for the cost of a movie ticket, and it lasts a lot longer, even if you only read it once.

Unrelated aside: But I'm getting down on the fantasy/sci fi book industry too because most of the books give you an unwanted dose of political correctness thanks to the jerks running Tor. They don't even ask if you'd like PC with that, but then Starbucks didn't either.

I'll take a pass on this xpack. If they never bundle it with anything, there's not enough here to make me feel I've missed anything. If it were priced at 500 SC I'd have to think harder. I might be willing to pay one month's all access SC for it. See I'm an old Guild Wars player and believe that if you pay for the game AND a sub you should continually get new content included in the sub. If the game is free and you pay a sub then that's how you're paying for the game. If you pay for the game and not a sub, then you've gotten what you paid for.

It's all too predictable that DBG would try to milk the community for more over the next couple of years to maximize the yield from the cash cow before it's inevitable death. EQ2 RIP 2004-2019.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  12. kluxor Well-Known Member

I hope this campaign has some cheese to go with everyone's whine. It's $15....I can think of a dozen things that I've wasted more money on in the last two weeks. They're bot gouging us, they're trying to remain profitable. Get over it, say thank you for the best mmo and the continued new content
  13. Bashem Well-Known Member

Why do people wanting to state their opinion need to call the others in the forums that dont share there opinion names?
    Farietail and Wirewhisker like this.
  14. kluxor Well-Known Member

Called someone what? All I'm doing is pointing out the moaning over a meager $15. Quite frankly, if you can't afford, or just flat out refuse to pony up a few bucks then you aren't even the target audience of an online gaming company. Tbh though, I don't even know why I'm wasting my breath, everyone I know is going to get it and I bet 90% of the people here claiming they wont either will get it anyways still...that or come here crying about how they're locked out of content and can't find a group
  15. Bashem Well-Known Member

Sorry the post I was trying to quote had more than your post but I cant seem to locate that post so sorry for that.
  16. Hawker New Member

so when does it go on sale will there be a pre purchase available at all im guessing no since its only 3 days away lol and its not up yet
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  17. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

No pre-purchase, and no 2-week early access for subscribers.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  18. Arianrod New Member

19. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The last one....last Xmas there was a site that actually DID sell a box of poop....well advertised and described. Half the buyers didn't believe it was true and bought to find out...got poop. The other half just clicked buy because it was on sale.
    Griff and Arianrod like this.
  20. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

What class is this merc?