Rum Cellar Highlights: What You Need to Know

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Earlier this month, the EverQuest II team unveiled plans for campaigns! The first new campaign, Rum Cellar, will be available on Tuesday, April 28, 2015. Rum Cellarcomes with six new instances (solo, heroic, and raid content) with lots of loot, collections, and achievements.

[IMG]

Here’s a list of the features that are included in the Rum Cellar campaign:
    • 2 Solo Zones (1 Solo and 1 Advanced Solo)
    • 3 Heroic Zones (1 Heroic, 1 Event Heroic, 1 Event Heroic-Challenge)
    • Raid Zone with 10 Bosses
    • Lots of Loot, including drops of a Rare Elite Mercenary and a Zeppelin Mount
    • New Achievements and Titles
    • New Gems for Armor
    • New Collections
    • Merchant who accepts Far Sea Ferrin (who also sells a Zeppelin Mount!)
    [IMG]

Rum Cellar is available as a stand-alone purchase for $14.99. And, since this new distillery-themed environment is full of Level 100+ content is connected to Altar of Malice (EQ2’s most recent expansion, which is required to play the Rum Cellar campaign), we've also bundled the campaign with the expansion so you can purchase both together: $49.99 for Rum Cellar + Altar of Malice, or $94.99 for Rum Cellar + Altar of Malice Collector’s Edition.

And remember, if you’re an All Access member, you save 10% on the purchase of Rum Cellar (or Rum Cellar + expansion bundles) at checkout!

Think ye landlubbers are prepared to defend against the Rumpocolypse? Get ready… Rum Cellar launches on April 28!
    Kurisutaru and Kittybock like this.
  2. Borb Member

So, what i am reading here, is that all of us that already purchased the expansion have to go and drop another 15 bucks? Where as anyone that has not purchased it, can now go and purchase it and get it as part of the xpack? Seems a little shadey to me...
    Ronoc, Vuurvink, Blueiris and 2 others like this.
  3. Shtraka New Member

I think that has always been the case. Is it shadey that I bought IDK how many expansions at premiums and then somebody get RoK KoS ToV etc... "free"? meh, tis what tis...
    Blueiris likes this.
  4. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Out of these features:
    • Lots of Loot, including drops of a Rare Elite Mercenary and a Zeppelin Mount
    • New Achievements and Titles
    • New Gems for Armor
    • New Collections
    What will drop from the solo/advanced solo zone? It's nice for those of us who know we won't be seeing the heroic or raid zone what we'll actually be able to obtain...
    Blueiris and suka like this.
  5. Flatline Well-Known Member

How about the bundles for those w multiple accounts etc as mentioned by holly in the video?
    Blueiris, Qeshar, suka and 1 other person like this.
  6. Griff Well-Known Member

I agree since the expansion was/is currently $39.99/$89.99 respectively. Holding out for the "bundle" means you pay $10 for the campaign when added to the standard edition and $5.00 for the campaign when added to the collectors edition. Us early adopters of AoM will be paying $5 to $10 more for that same campaign.

It would be nice if they offered the campaign to those who already own AoM for $10 on the standard edition and $5.00 on the collectors edition.
    Vuurvink, Kuulei, Blueiris and 2 others like this.
  7. Knight Member

from what info i got, the zepplin mount will cost 10,000 ferrin!! lol, yea right---keep it....and the rare chance the merc and the zepplin will drop? will be about the same as it is now for the other rare things, about a 10billion to one chance....good luck with that!!
    Blueiris and Qeshar like this.
  8. Gameboie New Member

You know, I use to like getting collectors editions when they came in boxes and physical items. Playing $95 for all digital content just doesn't seem the same to me. I paid 80$ for the collectors edition for World of Warcraft no problem, and I'd probably pay the 95$ if it was something I could hold, other than the receipt of my purchase :(
  9. Almee Well-Known Member

Dang, that's it? No perks for those of us who aren't 100 and probably won't be until the next "campaign?" Oh well, it saves me the cost of 5 campaigns, 2 AoM upgrades to CEs (I can't imagine adventuring in AoM without the CE merc) and one CE. I'd been hoping this "campaign" would have the tradeskill changes, at least, so I could do something besides slave over tradeskill workstations and complete adventure writs to support my guild on Oasis. At least tradeskills are fun on Test so I guess I'll be spending most of my time there again.

I'm not sure I understand the logic behind limiting a DLC to the highest tier players but maybe I'm in the minority in not having a lvl 100 toon and seriously not liking the video/arcade-game, pirate theme of AoM and Rum Cellar. It doesn't look like you plan to offer anything to players who don't care for high-intensity, group-oriented gaming. I have to assume there aren't enough of us to even throw us a crust of bread.

While it is true that raiders can solo the ToV/AoM dungeons I doubt that most players, who truly solo play, have the gear suitable to fight the bosses. I know I can't do any of the daily quests, in either xpac, without someone in great gear helping me once I get to the big bosses.

I'd make the gear, if I could, but let me see: I think I've harvested 3 T11 rares since AoM was released. I've collected a couple of Ferrin, from someplace, but I doubt that will even get me a cup of coffee.

So without gear, AoM and RC don't have much to offer me except for the tradeskills in AoM. That's pretty sad considering the number of 95+ toons I have.

I sincerely hope this campaign works out financially for you all. Even if I'm stuck at 98, in adventuring, I still have tons of stuff to do with all the holiday and monthly events and decorating. I do hope, however, you all will give us plebs some love in the next campaign and maybe return to zones like Sentinel's Fate (particularly Stonebrunt) with lots of goodies for our houses and trades.
    Farietail, Naramsin, Vuurvink and 5 others like this.
  10. Lostmymind New Member

Completely overpriced. DBG is basically trying to rip off their players by over charging for minimal content that should have been released/be included with AoM. So, again. NO THANKS.
    Blueiris and Qeshar like this.
  11. Xyjyx Active Member

Will be buying, also curious about the multiple account bundles Holly mentioned.
    Qeshar, suka, Griff and 1 other person like this.
  12. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Very cool ;) Umm, I mean....arrggghh, matey ;) Hubby and I will be purchasing.

Btw, will the Duck Mount be releasing too? I have a Beastlord alt I am working on that needs a new mount...I thought that totally applicable. ;)

Kitty
    Feara and Griff like this.
  13. Burningice Coldfire Member

Are you not using your harvest goblins? You should be swimming in rares by this point in time if you have been =x

On the subject of solo players not being able to do the bosses...if you aren't level 100, that's very understandable. If you *are* level 100, you need to put some time (and probably plat) into working on your gear, especially if you intend to do the advanced solo mobs.

On the subject of Ferrin, every level 100 should easily be able to do the weekly "kill 3 named" quests as well as many of the scattered ferrin quests that reset every 4 hours or so.
  14. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

How about a bundle where you upgrade to CE and get the campaign?
    Naramsin, Vuurvink and suka like this.
  15. Melkior Well-Known Member

I don't understand this at all. If you have a little bit of harvesting gear, regular rares are common. I get a half dozen just randomly harvesting nodes near me as I do other things. If you are referring to the new ultra rares for GM spells, then yes, those are brutal. I have yet to see one of those despite harvesting hundreds of the standard rares. Try getting your bountiful harvest up (its fairly straightforward to get over 70%) and pop one of the Bountiful harvest potions from the TS assistant. You'll match your 3 in the first few minutes!
  16. suka Well-Known Member

but what if you already bought the aom? do we get a discount since you are discounting it in a bundle? why leave out any who already put out the money?
  17. suka Well-Known Member

you don't get many rares from the new zones with your ponies and goblins. i got mine by going out and harvesting. they are way rarer than in any other zone. still if someone harvests they should be able to get them.

as for not being able to do the bosses, the reason i asked before what class she was and what armor she has is that i did the bosses in the solo dungeons with no problem. i don't think i can do heroic, but then i didn't bother to try because there was so much else to do in the game. getting all of the progression completed on my main toon made me happy. two others will be finishing next.

ferrin- i have some of that but i really wasn't impressed with the offerings for spending it. and yeah the weekly quests and even the dungeon runs are easy in solo mode.

but i can understand her being a bit disillusioned. seems that dedicated crafters are left behind with only a few droppings for us each expac. the focus is on adventuring - even for most of the house items. if you don't have a high level adventurer then forget it. and if you can't stay alive in advanced solo or higher, forget the shinies and plundered mushroom in those zones as well.
    and if you don't have enough level 100's, the new campaign is not worth spending on. moreover, you won't find shinies or good loot in the solo of that zone and if you already bought aom before this campaign came out, too bad. you have to pay full price and no discounts. so those of us with more than one account who already bought aom on more than one account lose all the way.

excuse me. i am usually more upbeat, but this whole fiasco has me extremely disappointed
    Vuurvink and Merriel like this.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

have you made the armor? each armor piece demands between 5 to 8 rares. same with jewelry. that's a lot of rares. i did go harvest it for the museum, but it took me several weeks to get enough doing nothing but harvesting.
    Merriel likes this.
  19. Melkior Well-Known Member

Not only have I made the armor for several alts, but I used refined rares to make the better pieces so I wasted a lot of them. Currently in my bags I have over 100 of each type between all my characters.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

nice. when did you have time to adventure? i have all of the possible items to bring up my harvesting- cloaks, jewelry, tinkered items, woodcrafted items, potions, the pegasus, and more. and it still took me a long time. i am now working on my rares for my jewelry. but sometimes that falls by the wayside because there is way more i want to do than spend weeks and weeks harvesting.
    Vuurvink and Alenna like this.