RP on Freeport Server

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by ARCHIVED-Kesstryl, Jan 11, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Kesstryl Guest

Being the first Free to Play experimental server, we used to have an official RP collection of places and guilds for our small but passionate RP player base which got lost in the Extended to Live forum merge. This thread will take that place.

I'm hoping other Freeport guilds and RP peeps will come forward and add to this thread, and I'll gladly keep it updated. Some of us original bronze and silver RPers don't have the funds to transfer over to the official RP server, and we still need this community on Freeport. Lets stick together and keep the stories going.

First on this list is the fantastic guild I am a member of The Wayfarers. We are a light RP/ casual guild, neutral aligned, with a full ammenity hall in Antonica. IC we are a group of mercenaries working for the mysterious Irago who seems to be caught up in some web of spies and wizardry.. We do not requre RP, but ask that respect is shown to those who do RP, and there are some very memorable individuals who are IC most of the time. Guild website: http://thewayfarers.guildportal.com
    The rest is copied and pasted from the original EQ2X thread, don't know if some of these are still around, but will edit this as I get responses:

"GUILDS
    The Wayfarers - Contacts: Nayawk, Garmond, Armawk, Missy, Oksania
    Black Hand - Contact: Merohil
    Wicked Kindred - Contact: Ximeana, Ximena
    Dragonriders of Norrath - Contact: Miirabel
    Legends of Neriak - Contact: Efina
    The Qeynosian Protectors - Contact: Stonecaster
    Sedition

CHANNELS
    The following channels are established, based on the familiar channel setup from Antonia Bayle - although a little quiet at present:
    RPLFG - If you are looking for a roleplay group, ask in here for groups to join
    RPEVENTS - Players advertise events here, join to listen out for tavern and roleplay events
    RPIC - In character only Roleplay chat
    RPCHAT - Random channel for gamerelated info

RP & LORE WEBSITES
    The Town Square - EQ2 RP hub on Guildportal
    The Athenaeum - EQ2 Lore
    EQ2i - The Lore section of EQ2i
    Stratics - Stratics EQ2 Lore
    Lore of Norrath - EQOA, EQ1, EQ2 lore sorted by category
    EQ2 Offical Forums - The EQ2Live lore sub forum

GLOSSARY OF TERMS
    Light Roleplay
    Nayawk wrote:
    I don't know about others.. but for us it means this:
    We don't expect you to want to roleplay at all, to use florid langauge or have a detailed ten page bio of who your characters are (though we will be delighted to read it and engage with you if you do) but we do expect tolerance for those that do choose to roleplay (light or heavy) and to follow the golden rule: be game environment appropriate.
    Heavy Roleplay
    Jinxsy_EQ2 wrote:
    Not as scary as you might think! Think and act as your character would.
    Example - Jinxsy levels up! ((Hurrays!))
    Good character might say - "Aye you're getting to be a big strong Lassie!" (If he were a Dwarf with a strong accent, but you get the point)
    Evil character might say - "Excellent, you'll soon be a strong enough opponent to make it almost a challenge to defeat you" (if he were a slimy evil type, but again you get the idea)

MISC
    Need more added here? Please post below, or updates, things that are obsolete, etc. I'll update as required.

Message edited by Aeciriel on 10/23/2011 01:40:38."
  2. ARCHIVED-Banedon_Toran Guest

Elements are closed to new members and transitioning to Antonia Bayle server. By virtue of this both the Tattered Scroll and Frosted Brew taverns are also now closed.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kesstryl Guest

Banedon_Toran wrote:
    Thanks for all you've done for us Banedon, this thread is updated, and you will be missed :)