Rothgar Blogs about User Written Books

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Apr 21, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-ev4debug Guest

What about language?
    Is mandatory to write english book or we can write in our language (italian for me?)

thanks!

Ola!
  2. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

The main question is : if they apply the obsenity filters, will it check for language before removing perfectly normal words if they are written in another language.
  3. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

After seeing Denmother's preview I just want to give a big for the nice looking books and that odd tiers will lie flat and even tiers will stand up. So nice to have some color and variety in books. Many thanks!
    I was a little disappointed (just a a little) that none were laying open. But I'm sure that just leaves room for later.
  4. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Yep, thank you for the very nice bindings of those books :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

The books work perfectly. About 10 pages of solid text, more than enough for intended uses and gives way to creating volumes and collections as needed.
    The changing appearance between Edit and Read mode was very cool, nice touch.
    Aesthetically I think the only suggestion I have is to include another book at some time that looks like an open book when placed on a counter. This would look like a guest register of sorts.
    Really nice job on these Rothgar, kudos~
  6. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    Thank you Artemiz! I do have a couple of small bug fixes for books so far, but other than that I haven't heard a lot of feedback. Sometimes thats good and sometimes thats bad. :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    Rothgar <3
    Love the new books, they are awesome.
    I would also like to have had some open books, maybe the rare ones be open, stacked or different in some way, having them all be standing books was a small diappointment but done is done.
    You did a wonderful job with these, I made a few on test but haven't been back to try writing in them but I will be soon I hope =)
  8. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

Bratface wrote:
    Bratface, actually, they aren't all standing. Half are standing and half are laying flat. We do plan on creating some that are opened. This was definitely something that Domino and I discussed a long time ago.
  9. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

haven't had time to test those except through doing the quest, and crafting them all, sorry. I'll try to test as soon as possible and add another feedback :) Appearance is VERY good :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Ashlian Guest

Given the brick wall of item limits on our houses and guild halls, is there any chance that these could be flagged not to count against our item limits?
    I love the appearances, I also love the utility, my guild has thought of tons of tutorials and such that we want to create, but item limits will keep us from actually displaying these on anything but the broker for the guild, and will severely limit any kind of library I put in my houses.
  11. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

They are supposed to be flagged not to count, it was stated somwhere earlier in the thread.
  12. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

Ashlian@Mistmoore wrote:
    Are you sure they are counting towards your item limit or are you just speculating that they might? I'd have to check with Domino, but I don't think they are supposed to count.
  13. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Confirmed : they do not count toward house limit
  14. ARCHIVED-Rathorius Guest

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have several books planned. Some might sell, some might not. Here are a few that I have planned: - "There, Their, or They're: A Treatise on Homonyms and the Differences Between Them" by Necrotherian Lootsalot - "Necrotherian's Book Reviews, Vol _, The Ten Best, and Ten Worst, Authors on Najena Server for the Month of ___." by Necrotherian Lootsalot (With reasons behind the ratings) - "Lost in the Noobsauce: Tips for Not Seeming Like a Complete Idiot During Your First Month in Norrath" by Necrotherian Lootsalot - "Doing More With Less: Decorating Tips for Those on a Budget" by Necrotherian Lootsalot Plus there are many more that I don't feel like listing just yet.
  15. ARCHIVED-Xrool Guest

I absolutely love this feature. Thank you for continually adding to the diverse "fun factor" of EQ2.