"Roster Master" - Guild Roster for Your Personal Guild Website

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Seagoat, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Kelia Guest

Thanks you two. I had made the changes from the earlier posts Seagoat referenced and the problem seems to be gone (of course it's hard to do any kind of testing when the official guild roster refuses to actually update). Also, I ran into a css problem which Seagoat helped me work out in PM's. Wasn't sure if it was something you cared to address so figured it was worth mentioning. I suspect she can explain it in a more useful way than me. Essentially once I upgraded it was altering the font size of all text, not only in the Roster Master module, but other blocks as well. It seems this was easily solved by adding td and .statlink definitions in my theme css, which it didn't have (I use an altered version of fiblack3d). Perhaps this is not an issue when using the default Dragonfly theme, but in case it is, tossing it out there.
  2. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Glad you got it working, Kelia. :)[/p][p]I'm pretty sure that the CSS issue is a theme problem, rather than a RM4DF problem. The classes and tags that RM uses are pretty standard to Dragonfly, so it's not asking to display anything that's not already being displayed elsewhere.[/p][p]I use the CPG MintIce theme, and as I mentioned to you in our PM conversation, I seem to remember having to do something similar myself, once upon a time. [/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Belin Guest

Grue, any chance to have the Username column be yet another option in the config.inc file to display? I usually end up manually removing that column each release hehe. Maybe a better option is to come up with a system where all of the columns are selectable/non-selectable in the config file and then folks have some flexibility on what they might want displayed. Hoping this might sneak into .4 if its not overly complicated ;)
  4. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

[p]Seagoat wrote: [/p]
    [p]OK, I figured out why the above is necessary, it's because of Line 453:[/p][p]SET value='".Fix_Quotes($new_summary_data[$field]['value'], FALSE, TRUE)."'[/p][p]Fix_Quotes is an internal Dragonfly function. So what happens is each line in the guild summary gets washed through htmlspecialchars( $str, ENT_NOQUOTES, 'UTF-8' ), and then sql_escape_string( trim($str) ). The practical upshor of this is all the HTML entities are encoded.[/p][p]Technically, the correct (pedantic, but it makes sure that the processing the line goes through for comparision is identical to that used when it is stored) fix to Line 431 is:[/p][p]if (isset($old_summary_data[$field]) && ($old_summary_data[$field] != Fix_Quotes($parsed_summary_data[$field], FALSE, TRUE))) {[/p][p]It'll go into 6.0.4 as a fix.[/p][p]Beldak@Everfrost wrote: [/p]
    I find your desire to remove Usernames somewhat baffling, but it's easy enough to implement, so I won't question it too deeply. I had to add a little additional logic to handle the CSS formatting of the leftmost header cell, but that's no biggie. You'll find $config['show_usernames'] included in Version 6.0.4.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kevlin Guest

[p]I'm BAAAAACK...[/p][p]Okay did an upgrade install of Dragonfly (latest) and deleted and reinstalled RM4DF well right off the bat it worked like a champ. However, we have had several folks either join or get booted in the past week and nothing is showing up in roster or on GWoF.[/p][p] When I force an update to the roster I get the following error:[/p][p]
    [/p][p] [/p][p]Now judging by some of these other recent posts it does not sound like I have a problem but just wanted to be sure. BTW, if any of the format above seems strange thats because for some reason I can no longer cut and paste into a message reply.[/p][p] [/p][p]Cheers,[/p][p] [/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Kevlin@Butcherblock wrote: [/p]
    [p] Welcome back! :)[/p][p]Can you give us a link so we can see this error in action?[/p][p]It's not just you who's not getting any roster updates...EQ2 Players is borked (as evinced by most of the other threads on this forum). :-/ I, for one, am not getting any errors because of it. Roster Master is still working as intended; it's just that the SOE isn't feeding it any updated data -- and hasn't for the past 9 days.[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Kevlin Guest

[p]Thanks SG.[/p][p] [/p][p]http://www.risingdawn.net/Roster_Master.html[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Kevlin, I'm not seeing anything obvious that might be causing the problem. I don't use LEO on my own site, so I'm not sure what the "force update" URL would be...can you PM it to me so I can try to reproduce the error? (Please PM it instead of posting it here; we don't want everyone and their uncle to be forcing an update on your roster, LOL.)[/p][p]Just in case, check here and make the first change (in rostermaster.inc) given; the second change (in parser.inc) should be the one Grue mentions here. Reupload and try to force another update. This likely isn't related to your specific issue, but it doesn't hurt to make sure all your code's as up to date as it should be. :)[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

[p] You can't use the Force Update URL unless you have authority to do so, you can pass it in the URL, but it'll quietly ignore you. You actually have to pass the can_admin($mod_dirname) function in order for the expression to evaluate as true.[/p][p]As Seagoat mentioned, if the EQ2Players roster isn't getting updated (and there's every indication that it is not getting updated consistently, correctly, or at all in many cases), then Roster Master (any flavor) isn't going to be any more accurate - or at least, we don't expect it to be. It's possible one or more of the XML and/or CSV feeds could be sourced from a different sever that is getting updated more frequently than the EQ2Players one - I've never checked - but I doubt it.[/p][p]That being said, you shouldn't get a parse error. :([/p][p]The stack traces aren't so useful - that's stuff from the core, and doesn't really tell me squat about what RM4DF was doing at the time. I don't want to discourage people from including information though. What would have been helpful is the exact wording of the error from RM4DF. It should say:[/p][p]FATAL: There was an error during the parse operation.[/p][p]And then go on with another line that referrs to what it was parsing guild summary or guild roster. The errors look deceptively generic, but I did differentiate them in order to facilitate debugging. Take a look and see what it says, summary or roster. Then go check your summary or roster on EQ2Players.com and see if it's actually displaying right. If the page has a big ol' error on it, or it's a 404 not found, or something, it's obviously not going to parse right.[/p][p]If you inadvertantly used an old config.inc, or edited the URLs, you want to make sure you use the config.inc that matches your RM4DF version. The config file changesfrequently (usually to add options). I try to note when I do that in the CHANGELOG, though.[/p][p]I'm willing to keep an open mind about problems, but right now, signs point to user error. If none of the suggestions above clear it up for you, e-mail me your config.inc and I'll see if I can replicate the problem. It's possible that there is something about your guild that is rare that I didn't anticipate in the parser.[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-Kevlin Guest

[p]
    [/p][p] I purged the roster tables to clear out any hung stuff and tried to do a force update. I have the permissions and was logged in as an admin. This is so much like the problems awhile ago (think it was pre 6.0 release). BTW running 6.0.3 on DF 9.1.1 funny thing though I also have another site running DF 9.1 and an older version (think Beta 2) of RM4DF and it works great.[/p][p] Thanks both of you for trying to help me along.[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Kevlin@Butcherblock wrote:
    [p]Are you using a "pristine" install of RM (no tweaks or customizations except for the two edits in the recent posts above)? Try making a backup of your files and DB, then completely uninstall RM and remove the module files from the server. Upload a fresh version and reinstall, and see if you have the same problem.[/p][p]I keep thinking that maybe one of your files didn't get properly uploaded when you did your last RM upgrade... *ponders*[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-SammMoney2 Guest

[p]Guys i appologize, you had a lot of questions for me that might have helped with your development and i never replied back. I've been busy. I'll get my config file and anything else you guys might need when i get home from work. Sorry about that. Here's the link to my roster page as is.[/p][p]That's the stand alone.[/p][p]http://www.valorcrisis.com/rostermaster/index.php[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

No worries, Samm. :) I know how that pesky "real life" stuff goes...
  14. ARCHIVED-SammMoney2 Guest

Yes SG the # is in the code also i was going with the way the URLs are when you go to a guild page.
  15. ARCHIVED-SammMoney2 Guest

Rokit@Permafrost wrote:
    [p] [strike]Rokit where can I aquire a copy of this PostNuke version and how up to date is it compared to the dragonfly version?[/strike][/p][p]Wow nvm. Complete brain relapse. PostNuke doesn't work for me.[/p][hr][p] [/p][p]Any PHP-Nuke or PlatinumNuke coders out there. I think i might dig into this code see if i can redo the file structure. To meet the Plat Standards.[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Ndien Guest

[p]Im not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but I don't get the block to show up in my list of blocks, and i can verify that its there in my blocks directory.[/p][p]Is it because im using Dragonfly 9.1.2.1?[/p][p]I also had this issue before i upgraded from 9.1.1 or whatever it was, but i figured it was because I had so many issues with it, it wasnt even funny.[/p][p] [/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-Kevlin Guest

Xndienx@Permafrost wrote:
    [p] not sure if it is because of 9.1.2.1 but normal troubleshooting steps make sure that the block is actually located in your /blocks dir and you might even delete and re-upload it. Next make sure that there is a green check by the block and that you have chosen a spot for it to display.[/p][p] [/p][p]Seagoat, DG, without doing anything to my end, all appears to be working first update 3/16/07 and then on 3/20/07 I got another update so it appears that it was SOE's end that was the problem. I can happily say that I am up and running the latest version and that the sig generator rocks. Thanks for including the fonts and the template.[/p][p] [/p][p]What a wonderful world.[/p][p] [/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

Xndienx@Permafrost wrote:
    [p]I run the CVS version of Dragonfly, so I'm actually running on a newer version than most people at all times. That being said, Changes in DF don't usually effect RM4DF at all.[/p][p]It's possible the file wasn't uploaded correctly, the permissions are set wrong (the file may not be readable by the webserver, check your chmod's), or you're just looking in the wrong place. I suspect it's a file permissions problem. Your FTP server may be putting very restrictive permissions on uploaded files. chmod'ing them to 644 should fix the problem in that case.[/p][p]@Kevlin:[/p][p]The SoE rep said in the March EQ2Players thread made a vague state that some sort of DST change they failed to make impacted roster updates, and that rosters should be working correctly again. Weak sauce, but it would be consistent with your observations, and timed right for when the problems stopped.[/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-Ndien Guest

Well, deleting the file and reuploading it fixed the issue.
  20. ARCHIVED-Hawnted Guest

[p]I have not seen this question asked yet, sorry if I missed it. But has anyone seen this error on the standalone?[/p][p] [/p][p]Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/XXXXX/public_html/XXXXX/roster/rostermaster.php on line 461[/p][p] [/p][p]By the way I ported a variation of the WoW recruitment block to PHP-Nuke over to an EQ2 recruitment block. If anyone is interested let me know and Ill post it up for download. [/p][p]Seagoat, can I use your class images in the block?[/p][p] [/p]