"Roster Master" - Guild Roster for Your Personal Guild Website

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Seagoat, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-eqHunter Guest

Hi everyone. I was hoping someone could help with a Roster Master problem.
    I had Roster Master 7.0.1 running on Dragonfly 9.2.1 on a hosted site and needed to upgrade. I attempted to upgrade to Roster Master 8.0.1 and followed the install instructions, however the upgrade did not work. There were no errors reported in the upgrade process, however after upgrading I received the error message below. I then uninstalled Roster Master, deleted the Roster Master directories in the hosted web server and then did a clean install of 8.0.1 - it gives the exact same error.
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function: libxml_use_internal_errors() in /home/content/w/e/b/webpuppy/html/modules/Roster_Master/functions/parser.inc on line 277
    I can get to the Manage Characters page and it indicates "Unknown Guild" however I have verified that I did edit the config.inc file to provide the same guild ID number that worked on the previsou version of Roster Master.
    The previous version of Roster Master 7.0.1 worked without any problems until the December timeframe when it would not update the information from EQ2.
    The install through the Dragonfly module was accomplished without any problems and reported installed OK.
    Any thoughts on where I went wrong?
    Andy
  2. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

eqHunter wrote:
    Your install went just fine. Generally speaking, if the install or upgrade doesn't error out, you're good from an install perspective. It's possible you could have other problems later on (the installer doesn't strictly check to make sure every single file in in the right place, and is the right version), but if you really did follow the instructions (which are pretty decent, if I do say so myself), and you didn't get any errors reported, you're on a good start.
    eqHunter wrote:
    Well, I realize it's not quite as helpful as you might want, but the error means exactly what it says: you're missing (or administratively forbidden) the libxml_use_internal_errors() function, which either means the version of PHP is quite old (prior to PHP 5), your PHP doesn't have XML support complied into it, or someone's turned that function off (why would they do that?).
    I'm using that function for exception handling during XML parsing. It might be possible to work around the issue, but if it's being caused by an old version of PHP, for your site's security, you really should seriously consider moving to a contemporary version of PHP.
    eqHunter wrote:
    The EQ2Players.com server was taken down during that time - no one was getting any data from anywhere during that period, I'm afraid.
    PM me your RM4DF diagnostics page. It should tell the entire story, or at least give me an idea of what to check next.
  3. ARCHIVED-eqHunter Guest

Dark_Grue,
    Your suspicions were right on the money - I was still using PHP 4.x from the GoDaddy web hosting site. It was an easy change to switch to PHP 5.2 and within minutes, everything now runs correctly with the exception that the Roster Master does not find my guild.
    It seems that the guild ID may have changed?? My guild ID for Wolf used to be 1105108, however now the roster master is not seeing the guild.
    I used the Search for Guild ID from Roster Master and it returns the first 10 of 16 results for Wolf on ButcherBlock and those ten results dont include the guild. I havent figured out how to return the last six results, so Im still searching for the proper guild ID to use for the config.inc file. Im hoping that once I have the guild ID verified and entered into the config.inc file, I should be set....
    any way to search out the guild ID through a URL like we used to be able to do?
    I did PM the diagnostics file as you suggested.
    Thanks for the help.
    Andy
  4. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

eqHunter wrote:
    Ahh, LOL, I see. The search function needs a little more instructions - and a bit of a tweak.
    You can use Regular Expressions in the search. To get what you need, search on "^wolf", and I believe your GuildID is then clear.
    I do need to fix the query field to not filter out regexp character though. It works correctly, but if you press earch again, it's modified the field contents to strip the modifiers out.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

A major change was pushed live today to the data API, which breaks compatibility with RosterMaster. Fortunately, we were warned ahead of time of the changes, so I knew already what to expect :)
    I already updated the RMSA parser to deal with the changes, and am testing it. (Grue, I'll send you my changes tonight to give you a headstart and save you some trouble). I want to give it a day or two in case SOE needs to do any further tweaks to the data format following today's changes, so I should have RMSA 5.0.1 available before the end of the week.
  6. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

Lantis@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Prototype's up and running, just sent you a reply to make sure I understood what the changes signified.
    Lantis and I collaborated on the parser, then I went and build a divergent design. Apparently, I like to swim upstream. =P
  7. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Dark_Grue wrote:
    The code you showed me is quite similar to mine actually. Main difference is how we iterate through secondary skills, and that's because I couldn't do it the simple iterate way in my case :)
    I'm still glad we don't have to delve into complicated regexp anymore whenever something changes.
  8. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

Roster Master for Dragonfly (RM4DF) 8.1.0:
    Get it and development news from the RM4DF Project Page. Not a Dragonfly CMS user? Visit the Roster Master overview page for information on related projects.
    • Redid DoV Heritage Quest icons to reflect item types better.
    • Added modules/Roster_Master/contrib/rn2a/includes/api/rmdfly.php file to address inteface issues with Raid Ninja.
    • Reworked the upgrade to v8.0.0 to resolve installer issue. Rebuilding the roster_master table (a known issue in 8.0.0-8.0.1) should no longer be necessary.
    • Fixed error introduced by changes to sync_active_claims() function.
    • Added modules/Roster_Master/contrib/history.sql file to build your own This Day in History table with EverQuest, EverQuest II, and a few other relevant dates. Please use care with the .sql file, as it includes a table drop statement, it will erase your existing history table.
    • Added more robust function checks in the diagnostics page.
    • Changed guild name search string filtering and made it explicit the Guild ID search can use regular expression syntax. Thanks to eqHunter for reporting it.
    • Implemented parser changes from the 1/31/2012 API changes.
  9. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

RosterMaster Stand Alone v5.1.0
    This mandatory update mostly deals with the data format changes SOE did to their data feeds.
    Changes since v5.0.0:
    • FIXED: Updated data parser to match format changes SOE did to the REST data API on January 31st.
    • IMPROVED: When you enable Debug Mode (under Display Settings), if the XML query you send to SOE's server generates an error (for example if something was changed in the data feed structure), the error message generated by SOE's server will be emailed back to me.
      If for some reason you want to use Verbose Errors and don't want the SOE servers to report back query errors to me, this can be edited in includes/urls.php - just set both $identifystring to "".
    • IMPROVED: Reduced the time window during which two roster updates might happen at the same time if two visitors hit the site when the local cache is stale.
    View it here.
    Download it here.
    RSS Feed here.
    Discuss it here.
  10. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

<snip>
    Oh man, your updates destroyed my GEM integration =/
  11. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Yeah, I knew it would. I've added a patch for Raid Ninja, but patching GEM is next on my "to-do".
  12. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

State of the Roster:
    Following a succesful switch to the new data API, I have begun looking at what else I could extract out of the new data APIs that would be of benefit to RosterMaster. With EQ2Players 2 months late, with no hint of any ETA as to when it will be released, I stopped waiting and decided to cover for its absence by working on an integrated character viewer for the next version of RMSA.
    It is still early in development, but a partly working prototype is already shaping up:
    http://www.lostrealm.ca/temp/charview1.png
    I'll keep everyone posted. If someone wants to start a betting pool as to wether RMSA 5.2.0 will be out before EQ2Players, go ahead. I just want a 10% cut of winnings
    Seagoat: Yes, you are my test subject for this ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-Finnstang Guest

Having an issue with one of the characters of a new guildie not showing up in the roster. I can see the character if I enable it to show characters with no data. Is there a user option in EQ2 that will prevent the data feed from gathering data? Or any other ideas?
  14. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Finnstang wrote:
    On the last tab of the Persona window (in-game) there's an option to make your character private. Tell him to make sure that option is not enabled, then have him change zone or log out to force an update. The data should be updated within 2-3 minutes on the SOE data feeds.
  15. ARCHIVED-Finnstang Guest

That was it. Thanks!
  16. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

I love it! LOL XD
    Great idea...there's so much data in the feeds, I was wondering when you or Grue was going to do something like that. Brilliant. :)
  17. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Seagoat wrote:
    The current goal here is to provide a basic character viewer (without all the fancies - my CSS skills aren't nearly good enough for that). RMSA should in theory be able to handle three methods of display when you click on a character name:
    1) Basic internal viewer (what I am developping)
    2) Link to EQ2Players (if/when it comes online)
    3) Link to <undisclosed third party site> EQ2Wire's new site (See http://eq2wire.com/2012/02/08/eq2u-teaser-1/ )
    People who want something they can re-skin through CSS to match their site will use the internal viewer, while people wanting a more complete display will rely on 2 or 3.
    This will also provide an alternative if one year down the road 2 and/or 3 stop being updated when a new expansion comes out (like it often happened in the past with EQ2Players - launch-and-forget).

EDIT: Specified who the third party site was, since they have now publically announced it.
  18. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

EQ2Wire's character/guild site is now online.
    For those who don't want to wait for the next release of RMSA, here's a hotfix you can apply on top of 5.1.0 to allow your characters to link directly with EQ2U's site:
    rostermasterSA510-Hotfix.zip
    Just replace the files from your current installation (it MUST be 5.1.0) with the files from this archive. It will bump your version to 5.1.1.
    Work is still underway on 5.2.0 to provide better integration, and the choice of using EQ2U or the built-in viewer.
  19. ARCHIVED-Finnstang Guest

Awesome update! The new eq2wire site is pretty cool. One bug I just found...when going to claim a character, for every character I have already claimed, I get the following error:
    Warning
    : Missing argument 2 for rm_make_char_link(), called in /home/noobher1/public_html/eq2-aegis.com/forum/rostermaster/includes/claim.php on line 111 and defined in
    /home/noobher1/public_html/eq2-aegis.com/forum/rostermaster/includes/urls.php
    on line

Notice
    : Undefined variable: charid in
    /home/noobher1/public_html/eq2-aegis.com/forum/rostermaster/includes/urls.php
    on line

I also noticed that on that screen, the links for the claimed characters are missing the character id, which I assume is related.
  20. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Finnstang wrote:
    I just quickly updated the links for the main roster with that hotfix, and didn't go into the character claim code itself (the same issue will occur with the log entries). Proper support is already implemented in my development version, and will be released with 5.2.0.