RoS Tradeskill Researcher Missions

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Sigrdrifa, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

We have four tradeskill researchers in RoS, two in The Bazaar, one in Echo Caverns, and one in Savage Weald. It takes a decent amount of traveling to get to all of them to pick up and turn in quests just to start with.

However, the Bazaar mission-givers apparently have some beef with Piccolo and his minions in Echo Caverns, so they won't give you THEIR missions if you have one of the Opportunistic missions active. This means you end up running back and forth trying to get all four missions picked up.

Additionally, for some unknown-to-me reason, the researchers won't just GIVE you the next mission once you have turned one in. No, they're on some kind of timer. Really? Why? Isn't the inconvenience of running around the three zones sufficient?

I suggest making it so that any time you don't have an actual mission from a given researcher, you should be able to pick up a new mission from that researcher without some hidden timer or inter-researcher grudges getting in the way. If all someone wants to do with their game time is grind these missions, why shouldn't they?

If there's some Incredibly Important Reason that the missions have to be on a timer, then when you ask for a new mission, the quest giver should tell you, "I won't have another mission for you for another H hours and M minutes".
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

The missions are hourly. AFAIK they were in BoL as well.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

*Currently* they are on a 1-hour timer (at the top of every hour), but according to Gninja they're supposed to be on a 3-hour timer.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

But why? Why is a timer even involved in the first place?
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

have there ever been repeatable missions/quests you can redo instantly? it is a genuine question
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yes, there are a bunch of repeatable quests you can redo instantly.. I know there are many in Kunark and Kingdom of the Sky
    Bludd likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Tradeskill rush writs also.
    Bludd likes this.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

thanks, but in the current meta of mission rewards can occasionally reward limited time items (spell/merc/mount/familiar reducers) we dont want these to be repeatable quests but actual missions so we can do them and i dont think the devs want there to be missions that are infinitely redoable and a timer is an easy limiter
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It would be easier to give out the reducer potions in 1 or 2 hour variants rather than 4 hour than to make the whole mission be in a timer, surely. Or to provide them giving lesser amounts of benefit.
  10. Panthur Member

Clone the 4 npcs and put them in one dang place so i dont have to run all over creation... (please) lol.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.