RoS Heroics really hard?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Neack, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Twisty Well-Known Member

Aven, I'm asking precisely because i know you and have confidence that you take my question as respectful confusion rather than a dig. I still don't understand what is making these heroics not possible for average groups. Sure they'll take several times longer than for a power group, but that's normal. I want to understand for educational purposes which aspects of scripts are too much for an average groups.

If anything, dps fixes bugs/things like 10stacks on Bear in FeralReserve, not needing to fight off many adds on mushroom in Fungal, ignoring several scripts in Lodakai, etc.

things like Desolator or any fight in Siege, may be besides the golem, have absolutely no dps requirements, and if anything high DPS makes them worse
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This was certainly true for me in Beta. A couple of fights were adjusted because high-DPS toons couldn't do small enough DPS (whisperlings, the Ka Vethan xakras, for ex.) Heck, just using Absorb Magic, my Destruction rune set would proc and whatever it was was annihilated, without me casting anything else.

I think a lot of folks are having trouble because people will not "RTFM", or in this case, Examine the nameds' buffs closely.
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

We did all the heroics day one with a solo healing inquisitor, they're hard but not undoable honestly. I think they're at the right level of difficulty to have some form of longevity.
  4. Lucutious Active Member

I've killed every heroic sans challenge with 1 healer. It's possible.

Need help with Heroic strats? This will help. It's not perfect, and it's not mine, but it will help. It's close with most things.

http://eq2.sahaquiel.us/Heroic_Instances
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

imho there are too many mechanics in play for a lot of the names
    like the desolator - 2 jousts - follow to door (1 person only can see) then dispel after port, weapons breaking

or taja in loda kai - joust, stay away from traps, kill adds, get out to be cured OR get in to be cured

raid strats in NORMAL heroics? no bueno

edit: lol i have already complained about this in this very thread :eek:
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  6. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Yes, there are too many scripts in heroics. Desolator, 1st and and final guy in Loda Kia, last guy in Zelmie, Vamp Twins, etc. I dread trying to take random PUGs thru these zones.(which is something as a tank, I have always tried to do).

Scripts are interesting to figure out - but after a point they become annoying (thinking Aerie in CD - no one really wanted to do this zone unless they really had to).

But as scripts go up, the dps and HP of mob should go down, but I think this concept was lost.

For the record - I have done all these zones 3 or 4 times now.
  7. Arclite Well-Known Member

They are really not hard.

All about stat checks and in some cases more dps will be bad since the scripts continue to trigger with quickly decreasing boss hp.

Killed the first named in challenge pre-update and that too was a dps check. And now after the update, that dps check for some classes is even more steep.

As it has been the case for some years now, heroic zones are just an extension of the solo scripts with a few added bits and bobs.

Being less than a month into the expansion and i already have the feeling of running heroics as a chore just as it was in BoL, CD....

The real hard part for heroics or the game in general is the RNG and the loot. If you can find a working script for that than im all ears....
  8. Arclite Well-Known Member

Tip for the desolater:

Clear all trash (i.e. the 3 spectres) in each lightning area before you kill the second last mob. They respawn but if you are quick you can kill the desolater w/o them being up. Killing them will spawn a shade NPC in each area that will repair your weapon mid fight as the Named damages it.

These spectres require dispel before they take damage so killing before pulling named is desirable. Tinkered invertors work with dispels and enchanters spell whatever its called.

You can also dispel Desolator everytime it goes through the mirrors and you get ported.

Key is to dispel named as soon as you follow into the mirror and move out of the lightining and go to that NPC to repair weapons. It has frozen will ability that is a pre-cast warning for the ability called "Desolation" which has a 360 degree arc to joust.

Just keep an eye on combat text and casting bar because all of that information is there. You can find triggers for mirrors if you are struggling to read text and for the AE joust.

Have done it a few times w/o headset on and just reading the combat emotes is enough to know on whats happening.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah but too much happening at the same time. its just Not Fun

i know encounter designers try to make encounters interesting but it feels like an escalation of normal heroics that has gone a bit too far
    Daxdd and Sigrdrifa like this.
  10. Smashey Well-Known Member

They are not hard at all its just a waste of time when 3 players can do a PQ in half the time compared to getting a group together and then clearing an instance.

Celestial drops > buy t7 crates then raid. Heroic content has been made pretty useless again.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

And the SOLOS are doing it too, which is nutzo.
    Carynn and Bludd like this.
  12. RedBB Active Member

100% agree. I don't even bother with heroics or even solos anymore. The scripts cause you to insta-die even with the simplest of attacks because you do way more than it was designed for. And being raid geared, any attempt to fix this would screw the folks who prefer solo/heroic. The heavy handed scripting needs to die a horrible death much like us if we actually push our toons to 100%. Idiotic.
  13. girney Active Member

i am trying to go back and do the ros heroics by myself. so far, no luck. Corrupted Construct fears me every time even tho i have blinding gleam on my waist. also stifles me which i dont know how to counter since i only have one belt slot. echo caverns is also undoable. i would think that those zones would be doable since the gear has improved so much since then. any help would be appreciated
  14. Vlahkmaak Active Member

I am not sure what other solutions you have tried but here are a few of my thoughts: Cure Pots for the stifle? Cures and freedom of action/mind. Also tinkered cures, signets, and Geomancer skill (obsidian of mind?) Depending on your class you might have an alternative AA line you can run too that might assist with fears/stifles cures. Also, inqy merc on standby (non-assist) might help with the extra cures. Check your gleaming gem to and make sure it is the right level for that xpac. I believe some only work for certain xpacs now. Best of luck.
  15. Vlahkmaak Active Member

Personally, I prefer some of the older scripting - like the old Venril Sathir power monitor fight in RoK - than the insta deaths for no observable reason. Multiple ways to beat a script ftw over "only this one action."
    Hartsmith likes this.
  16. girney Active Member

finally made it to the end of heroic fungal foray but the boss kills me every time as i lose power too quickly. wiki says stay drunk but consuming more puffballs during the fight doesnt make me drunk. what is the mechanic that is causing me to lose power? yes, i am using essence of power and overclocked manastone in addition to consecrate
  17. vlada Active Member

the curse.you cant solo him.
  18. girney Active Member

will embodiment of truth work to cure the curse. description says it cures curses but i have never used it
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It will cure one curse during the fight. It has a long cooldown.
  20. girney Active Member

20 minutes on the cool down. probably not enough to kill the boss. trying to go back and get no trade shinies as there is nothing to do in the ror for a solo player.