RoS crafting Timeline level requirements

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kini, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Kini Member

I am returning to EQ2 after now playing for several years. I have Alts for just about every crafting profession but none of them are max level.. I'm kind of confused, it used to be that any level toon could do the crafting timelines, but now it looks like you have to be max level to do this, is this this correct? If so, when did this change? All my crafting alts are 110 crafters but not high enough Adventure level to get to the new zone to start the questline.
    Lysia likes this.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

You can do the crafting timelines at lower levels. I have a mix of crafters from about adventure level 30 through 120 that have all done all the crafting sig lines. Some are more difficult than others without a doubt, but it is possible.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Kini Member

Ok, could you explain how that is possible when the first place you have to go is the City of Fordel Midst and you need to be level 110 or higher I believe, right? I just keep getting the error, "You don't meet the entrance requirements" on all but my max level toons. Maybe I read the Timeline guideline wrong, but if I did, I don't know where to go to start the questline then.
    Lysia likes this.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

You need to be level 120 tradeskiller to be able to do the tradeskill sig line. I'm assuming that you being 110 is what is stopping you from entering. Being 120 in either TS and/or Adv should let you into Fordel.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Take your 110 tradeskillers to The Blinding and do some of the TS quest line there. With XP potions you get to 120 quickly.
  6. Kini Member

wow, I had to start way back at Chaos Decending Timeline quests. Got a lot of catching up to do I guess.
  7. Cisteros Active Member

In my opinion, (And I apologize for going down this road because in general I hate skipping content), as far as CD tradeskill timeline goes, when I started running crafters through timelines to level up once I got the 88 slot bag after the 3rd quest in the timeline most of the rest of the rewards are recipes and mount gear that are obsolete today. At 110 you should have an in game mail, or already possess a Vigilant Sanctum Key that ports you to the Duality to begin the BoL tradeskill prelude quest series Mythic Passage. That is also the questline released when the level cap was raised from 110 to 120
    Melkior likes this.
  8. Lysia Active Member

this is all why I just bought the bauble to bump all my crafters up to 110 -- (and my adventurers)
    that seems to be what they want us to do anyway .... one more to go, waiting for that bauble
  9. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Last 5 or 6 Expas you need to have the Max level of the Tier you want do Quests in TS things.
    In KA we are froced to go back to Level 80 from Level 100 to do the Proove Of Pudding.
    Wann play content which is Live you need to be the Level Tier which is live, i cant find any issuse and yes crafting is a thing which serves nice items from Expa to Expa if you want to get all Stuff which increases or updates you Crafting abilitys you start in Level 80 as well and do all Crafter stuff from this up to level 120.
    Helfiren