RoS - Channeler Construct

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Suidakra, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Suidakra Active Member

Any other Channeler having an issue with their construct in combat?
    Doing RoS solo dungeons, almost every time I pull anything, my construct drops to no health.
    I have to either let him just be dead or spam heal him back up.

I am hoping this doesn't happen in heroic dungeons, as well.
  2. Exilya Active Member

Yes.
    Luckily the issue doesnt happen in heroics. I havent tried raids yet.
    Suidakra likes this.
  3. Suidakra Active Member

Thanks for the confirmation. Haven't done heorics yet.
    Seems this is an issue carried from BoL, but happens more often in RoS
  4. ironman032011 New Member

Apologies for just reading this post. My construct seems to be fine once the Grace of Norrath loads. Maybe try running Interpose Redirect and Hidden Reserves? So far solo, heroics and raid no issue.
  5. Exilya Active Member

I always run interpose redirect ( I mean why wouldnt you?!) but I still have been having the issue in solo zones. I have had no issue in the new heroics/challenge or raid.
    Hidden reserve can only trigger every 60 seconds but I guess it's an option too.
  6. Exilya Active Member

So what's the plan with the pets... you completely nerfed their auto attack AND delay (2 secs to 4 secs) ensuring out out of date essences won't even proc as often anymore.
  7. Exilya Active Member

and why did you fix sacred follower for shamans but not for channeler?
  8. Smashey Well-Known Member

Does it matter? Our construct dont do any damage now. Or very, very little. Even with bat essence the hitrate is a disaster in raids and thus we are nothing but an intercept bot now with construct sacrifice.
  9. Exilya Active Member

Ah :) well that's for future proofing. If they decide to repeat a BOL kind of expac (accidental or not) you'll be grateful for the extra accuracy and strikethrough.
  10. Smashey Well-Known Member

I think my biggest issue right now is the fact that hitrate is so low for our construct, auto attack damage is so low in a raid enviroment (our own and the construct) but they allowed our construct to share flurry but it almost never hits the target to begin with so its kinda, why? I also see no difference in hit rate between using Bat Essence (30% ACC/ST) or Reptile Essence (Pet autoheal) so I am pretty sure Bat Essence might be bugged or raid encounters are just odd.

They need to decide on if they want us to be casters or healers with auto attack damage and a pet and either:

Give our construct a hgher hit rate OR Make our conduits scale better OR both

My 2nd biggest issue is how dumb our construct have become. All the sudden it will just run away from the encounter with no reason at all and u have to recall it and constantly have an eye on it so u can actually do your job. This happens when solo, in heroics and in raid zones. It happens in old content too, but in this expansion it just seems to happen all the time.

The 3rd issue I have is the new ready up prestige. It makes no sense to include that for channelers, a class with one minor cooldown (Maximized Protection) - Which isnt even a profession spell despite the tooltip on Ready Up clearly says its for Profession spells only. IMO and this might be selfish, but because of the way channelers work, we should have gotten something unique in that spot that no one else got.
  11. Bleanienia New Member

Well, I barely finished BOL, and didnt glance at the game untill RoS (BoL solo's took me 1 to 2 hours to complete due to my horrificly low dps, so just got fed up with them and gave up) RoS, seems to be nothing but cure spamming.. but as far as construct suddenly poofing to low hp, it has happend to me a FEW times, also, anyone else knowticed, in the solo dungeons at least, the construct's HP, gets NERFED into the dirt ? outside mine has around 4b hp, INSIDE the solo instance, it goes down to maybe 800m, also, if my construct only has 800m hp, and i have, say 400k (keeping numbers simple) RoS mobs have a proc that does 3% of the targets max HP, procs every 1-4s , so if its getting that kinda proc damage, AND normal damage dumped onto it, with its HP getting gutted, it would "look" like its HP is tanking from full, for no reason.

As for constructs having ADD, mine only seems to just wander off, in PQ's, if im not actively being affected by a mob (getting hit, getting a cureable , or otherwise getting a "hit combat check") it tends to just roll around, and come back to me, I've yet to have it just wander off in a direction though.

I dont raid, dont plan too, got burned by EQ1 raiding, and wow raiding, and FF14 raiding (the peoples greed kills the fun for me) so no idea whats what, and the numbers in the game, make NO sense to me. i know im "Behind" in gear, but no idea by how much or any clue what i need to do to catch up, and i feel FORCED to play my channeler, due to merc AI getting screwed in RoS, and cure being MANDITORY in solo content.