RoR TS does NOT unlock flight.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Cusashorn, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Pathetica Active Member

I am a wee bit disappointed because I have a lot of low level adventurers who have always finished the ts sig line but won't be bothering this year. I mean, yeah, we got flight easier than Adventurers but on the other hand we also have a lot of useless books because the patterns are predominately drops - for adventurers. I will be retiring a bunch of my level 12 toons and will ponder whether doing it on even my lame 125 adventurers is worth it anymore. I do believe this may be the last slap at crafters I will endure.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Oberon like this.
  2. seneth Active Member

I bought 2 Prime expansions only to see, even though I have several 125 TS toons, it will take forever to get one ts timeline done.
    I am not happy with this at all. Why they felt they had to add to this, I have no idea and do not care. Except it makes it harder and I see no reasonable reason for it. Also I have watched the golden path to shineys go up on top of a mountain that can not be reached without flying. No, I am not happy at all with this and I sincerely hope they change this or this might well be my last expac since I started in Beta eq2 in 2004.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Oberon like this.
  3. Xille Member

Yep, no flight after completing the TS quest line was a big disappointment. At first I thought that maybe they were going back to BoL when you got it at the tail end of the quest line. Guess not. Not in a hurry to complete that on my other 19 crafters, now.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

Er, where did you get that bizarre notion? And if that were really the case why did having a high TS level give you access to high level zones back when all zones were level gated?
    AOE1 and Finora like this.
  5. Pathetica Active Member

I remember grouping with an uber level 50 when I was not even 20 yet and he would go off to bed and I would (being grouped with him greyed out mobs for me) spend hours harvesting in the Ferrott.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. vlada Active Member

you are assuming a lot without all the facts. and additionally you are not the only disabled person who plays. if you must know,i cannot even write my name on a piece of paper. i refute the idea that it is a punishment for casual TS players with disabled hands. im sorry,it just aint so.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

That's incorrect. From day 1 tradeskillers were able to go out and harvest their own materials (except the raid dropped stuff). The higher level zones unlocked with crafting levels. Crafters were always able to harvest despite their adventure levels. My itty bitty sage was like level 14 adventure and harvesting in the Feerrott back in 2005. My main had been doing it prior to that, but was closer in level for the zone (was doing it by 25 or so). Now it was super difficult to harvest in Lavastorm because of that tunnel & all the agro around, but there wasn't any need, since there were zones with easier access to nodes of the same tier.
  8. Almee Well-Known Member

The fact that it doesn't bother your hands doesn't mean it doesn't hurt the hands of other players--disabled or not. And while I have no idea how easy or hard it is to complete the requirements to be able to fly, the fact is that a feature of the game was removed and put behind a wall to slow players down. That is, by definition, punishment. If I give a child a piece of candy, and they act out in some way so that I remove the candy from them, it is punishment.
  9. Denmum Developer

Things change in beta. Period. Changes in beta are NOT "punishment", but changes made because certain things are out of alignment.

Live was not given flight, live did not have flight taken away. Beta is change. Beta is flux.

I am sorry you do not see it that way, but it was not in any way, shape or form meant to punish anyone. It was delayed until late in beta partly due to my health, partly due to seeing how the two sets of sig quests progressed timewise, and partly due to needing several other things lined up before it could be done (harvest node improvements, researchers and the camel mount)
  10. vlada Active Member

The fact that it doesn't bother your hands doesn't mean it doesn't hurt the hands of other players.

again,you are assuming it doesnt affect my hands. please dont.
    no game features have been removed
  11. Oberon Member

So I guess this is one of the other places to complain about not flying? Flying is actually one of the things that brought me back to EQ2 after a hiatus of playing ESO and other games. I hate to break it to you guys, but there are games out there that are better than EQ2 in some way or another. Flying is a wonderful aspect of EQ2. Every time the devs hinder that they are making people unhappy and driving them away. There are actually 5 paid accounts in my household (couldn't be bothered to cancel them). I have bought one expansion. We will not be buying another, and will probably look into cancelling most of the subs.
  12. Bramdar Active Member

I unlocked flight via the tradeskill missions for my 2 main characters today - day 2 of the expansion. They'll be able to fly in these zones in perpetuity now. I was going to take another day or 2, but I had some extra time on my hands today and I want to help to push the researchers along and get those recipe books.

Don't take this to mean "the change has been made, deal with it" or anything like that, or that I'm trying to change anyone's mind. For my part, I'm still on the fence. But with 10 other crafters to go, I'm thinking I might focus on getting flight for them via the tradeskill missions early in the expansion life, since it has the added benefit of contributing to research.
  13. Pauly Well-Known Member

most of the low adv level crafters I have haven't finished the BoL crafting line. Trying to navigate those zones on foot is horrible. When simple 'travel' is the hardest part of a quest line, then what is even the point?
  14. Sleppen Active Member

Actually, I remember that there was talk about this back when the game was still in development. As you say, it didn't get implemented. There were a lot of features of the tradeskill system that dropped out over time. This particular one didn't even make it to beta.
  15. Bramdar Active Member

Oh, I'm with you on the BoL quests. Even at level 95, trying to harvest in Aurelian Coast was a nightmare, and I gave up on it.

At least these new zones have a large number of non-aggro mobs - not everything is hyper aggressive, and in most areas they're spaced out well compared to previous expansions. I haven't tried navigating with a lower level character myself, but it does seem like it's much easier to get around the primary paths.
  16. Denmum Developer

That was another delaying factor in beta - giving them time to do a population pass and de-aggro a lot of mobs, and reduce the aggro radius of a lot of other mobs.

It really is much saner and smoother than things like BoL.
  17. Xevran Well-Known Member

It is kind of lame having to do repeatables to unlock flying, but honestly the repeatables don't take that long. The most frustrating part is the harvesting requirement and there just aren't enough nodes on the ground where non-flying characters can reach them, but as I understand a fix for that is already in the works.

I've done the questline on a level 60, the zones are pretty easy to get around in without dying. Definitely waaaay easier than Luclin.
  18. Cisteros Active Member

Pros and cons of this change aside, just want to chime in and say that it did have what I believe was the intended purpose. I got three achievements for completing the sigline, solo dungeons and I believe all side quests and the mission is the mission (Hope I remembered the name correctly) tradeskill flight unlock achievement within an hour of each other by working both adventure and tradeskill at the same time
  19. Pathetica Active Member

I don't think it is punishment. I think it is it's just tradeskillers? why are we giving them stuff easier than our beloved raiders and adventurers? Maybe they need to add more stuff for crafters to buy - like sell the patterns for DBC? There must be something they can do to get more money from crafters and thus make them more worthy?
  20. Drona Well-Known Member

I worded it wrong but sure tradeskillers were able to harvest on their own but they were supposed to face grave danger. That's where adventures came in who can do something about that danger hence harvesting "acting as bridge" between adventure and tradeskillers.