Rollback Required?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Occisor, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Malachy Well-Known Member

Yeah there was clearly an exploit, but seems to be something used primarily on Nagafen, if not exclusively.

If people ran around with pots and disco'ing for levels, it'd be very clearly in the logs. And there should be consequences for people that did that. I agree with what was posted prior, have that xp reversed or rollback the characters entirely who did it. I would probably ban them for a few days as well.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

I got a little discovery XP on Nagafen while I was running around harvesting with my lowbie, but it was just average disco XP-- nothing extraordinary by any means. I didn't buy any XP pots or any of those red coins, though.

It's not disco XP itself that is out of whack; it's what the cash shop XP pots are doing to it that's whacked. Still, short of nerfing the actual XP pots in the cash shop, I can't see what Daybreak can do to stop people. If they don't want PLing, they shouldn't sell pots to begin with.

Any sort of character rollback punishment would require constant player monitoring every time new pots are purchased, so it will never happen. They would have to nerf the actual XP pots to stop this.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'd hardly call it an exploit, this is just an over-exaggeration of what happened. Basically we pvp/quested up to 25 within 5 hours, which is already significantly faster than the previous TLE server's. If I had to guess, we would of hit 50 today if we had just popped group pots and starting grinding as we hit 25 without any pots, or group pots/vitality pots.

DIsco XP is broken, but at this point it's not going to go over very well on Nagafen considering the server is only three months long, one for 50. Player's will also not be able to catch up to the 200+ players who did this, and if those players were rolled back; the already underpopulated server would be close to death because of everyone who has farmed/done HQ's, etc.

I'm disappointed more than anything that I spent all of that time leveling on the previous two servers, dealt with the rampant marketplace and pay to win, just to find out people are leveling at such a fast pace on these server's.

Atleast my prediction for 20-25 hours work of content for t5 came true after all. I'm at around 18 hours on nagafen now and I have already gotten to 50, finished all the good HQ's in tier, and gotten the best gear that is possible except from raids.

I guess now I go pvp the few groups I haven't already killed and then just go roll on Kaladim so i'm slightly caught up by the time it reaches the better expansions.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

And all of your complaints could have been prevented if only you had not bought XP pots, teamed with others doing same, and PL'd to 50 coming out of the gate. ;)

Those of us who didn't do that (most people on /who alls are still in T2, lol) are still having lots of fun! You could always activate a second account to gold, roll a new character and actually level, play and have fun this time around. Or conversely, it's a lesson learned for next time I guess?
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Had 250% bonus, was weird. Was expecting to find it giving like 25% of a level or something, but most locations were 3-7%. That was with self pot, group pots & vitality.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Maybe Daybreak has already nerfed the cash shop XP pots so they don't interact with regular disco XP anymore then? That would solve the problem, and kudos to them if they've already done that.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Malachy Well-Known Member

In a perfect world, they'd fix the problem and those that exploited it should be addressed in some way. And, yes, exploit is a proper term if you're getting entire, multiple levels through disco.

RIP Nagafen.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

All right now! Enough with the hyperbole. It's only the very beginning of day 3 for Pete's sake, and the first morning of the work week! Right now it's 7:25am in CA, lol.

I saw L10 Caithgood in his Dev Team Guild :D hanging at the NQ gate last night, apparently taking it all in. They know what's going on. If they haven't already nerfed the SC shop pots, give them a chance to straighten things out.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

no rollback required, some people leveling quickly is not a gamebreaking issue, or even acknowledged as an issue by the devs.
  10. Quest Noremac New Member

I have to admit I am surprised so many people would rush to level 50 on a TLE server. I thought the idea was to play the game as "initially intended". Why pay money just to get to max level while we wait 4 months for expansions.
    Siren likes this.
  11. Thero New Member

In all fairness, from a Dev point of view, this is probably a good thing. At least the players on the two TLE servers are now spread throughout each of the tiers available. The ones that are further through will be able to report problems and bugs before the majority of the population hit those zones, at least that will contribute to the itemisation and quest bugs...etc. I don’t think it particularly matters to the vast majority, and by no means warrants a rollback. IMO.
    Breanna and Siren like this.
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

I'm talking about raw mod. Vitality is really a separate calculation. With a single xp pot, and 3 group pots, you can get the experience mod capped at 250%. Then each of those discovery points was giving 50-90% of a level.
  13. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Bizarre, thats exactly what we had. Everyone had 100% self pot on + 3 group ones. Each of us at 250 xp mod.
  14. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I hit 25 with 0 pots in 5 hours. Stop trolling.

That's still significantly faster than the other two servers.