Roll a Ranger Campaign: 2006

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Syrano, Jan 28, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-WikiView Guest

ROFLMAO!
  2. ARCHIVED-DanaDark Guest

Swashy > Ranger
  3. ARCHIVED-Successer Guest

I meant saying that maybe Leise (for all we know is a female) could be a fat ugly man. That was the gross sick part.

Message Edited by Successer on 02-02-200601:52 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Siphar Guest

Ok check list time:

- I'm british
    - I don't live in Nottingham Forrest BUT i have been there several times (ranja training)
    - I do look kinda dashing in Green
    - I do have a green cap and i have a feather to put in it
    - I do like wasting swashies and brigs in duels, 1 or 2 hits /bow
    - I AM a Ranger ofcourse

AND YOU WILL ALL FEAR MY BOW !!

Fear is my weapon and you are all my [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]es..

- 60 proud tree-hugging Ranger of Kithikor

P.S. my horse bow got the idea you insulted him, maybe you should apologise before he takes offence (clint eastwood classics- enjoy)
  5. ARCHIVED-Sadpandaa Guest

See everybody? Please roll a ranger. You'll thank yourself, and Siphar, that you did so.

Siphar, May I call on you to tout your class whenever someone wanders onto these boards wondering which class they should choose?
  6. ARCHIVED-Siphar Guest

Strip the feather from my hat and PLuck the gut from my bow :(

Its a dark day for all rangers roaming and pillaging norrath... 2nd Feb '06 aka ''DARK DAY'' is the day when Rangers became normal everyday characters in Norrath once again. Sure we can retell stories of old how once mighty Rangers struck fear into the hearts of their foes, soloing various named and instances while not even breaking a sweat.

Today... the fear has been ***** from our bows. Stream is now just another CA and our str rings are permanent. Our proc'ing weapons cease to exists (PGT etc)..

/lowers head in shame... takes cap off and cries...

- 60 Nerf'd ranger
    - 57 pally
    - Level 3 new char...
  7. ARCHIVED-Syrano Guest

Roll a Ranger in 2006!
    Never fear fellow Swashies, the Roll a Ranger Campaign for 2006 shall not be daunted by a little bit of change. We shall not step on our feathered green caps in shame, or stomp off in a hissy fit of immaturity. We shall not cry Nerf! No! We will proudly Roll a Ranger and carry on! We will take the movement to its logical conclusion! There is no turning back, no whining about justified blances. No! Rangers Unite!

This has been a public service announcement of the Roll a Ranger Campaign. Paid for by your local "You know you'd rather be a Ranger" committee. Material funding provided by "DPS Is All That Matters Local Union 109".
  8. ARCHIVED-Mion da Peon Guest

Funny how we've had the same changes to our class, yet they are viewed as sorta an improvement...

Rangers FTW!
  9. ARCHIVED-Syrano Guest

Rangers are Built
    [IMG]
    Ford TOUGH!
  10. ARCHIVED-GrayStorm Guest

AWESOME THREAD!!!!
    If you don't view it with sarcasm.
    I'd like to take this time to announce that I am running for President in 2008. My running mate will be a Necro.
  11. ARCHIVED-illumin Guest

wow that ranger nerf hurt...as long as i can't dish out DPS, i might as well look good and be a ladiesman, i'm rolling a swash.
  12. ARCHIVED-Successer Guest

Do you wear the green tighties too? :smileyvery-happy:
    Yep, we got our ranged nerfed too so, Rangers were not the only ones effected by the change. Of course it impacts them a LOT more but still.
    FORD tough? You mean ...
    Found On the Road Dead?
    Fix Or Repair Daily?
    :)
    Message Edited by Successer on 02-03-200612:52 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-Mion da Peon Guest

They take a nerfing and keep on turfing! Road ranger style!
  14. ARCHIVED-Althkaelis Guest

Yeah, I play both a ranger and a swashie, but I don't talk smack either when I'm pretty well in the know.

I did expect better out of this community, though. Don't blame one class for another being accidentally/overly nerfed by the devs. After all, that makes you sound like a wizard, and who wants that?
  15. ARCHIVED-tass Guest

hey im a wizard, and a swashy, and a zerker, and a conjurer, and a monk. and actually right now I dont like the gameplay of my wiz even though hes 51. U can only nuke so much and then its just boring
  16. ARCHIVED-Syrano Guest

If you thinkt he Roll a Ranger campaign has somethign to do with smack talk, or a desire to see Rangers nerfed, or blaming rangers for something that happened to swashbucklers then you seriously missed the boat. It's not even directed at Rangers, but at people who come to these forums demanding to know why rangers do more dps, or who is the better class and just don't get the value of a Swashbuckler. They should, seriously, go Roll a Ranger and be happy. That's the point. The swashy community is one of the best, if not THE best, in the game, and its our private little joke. Yes, stolen (with much admiration) from similar, more subtle efforts by our Brigand brethren trying to convince people to roll swashbucklers.

I promised myself I wasn't going to respond to comments like this, but I've gotten enough tells and hate mail that I thought I'd just get that out in the open :)

This message was brought to you by the "Rangers are People Too" committe, proud sponsors of the Roll a Ranger Campaign.
  17. ARCHIVED-Verhalas Guest

Someone called for a REAL ranja! Well here I am!
    [IMG]
  18. ARCHIVED-Verhalas Guest

Or how about a Ranja and a HOT SK!
    [IMG]
    Message Edited by Verhalas on 02-04-200602:39 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-aubreyy Guest

if you dont believe how great the swashy community is, join the channel and find out.
  20. ARCHIVED-Althkaelis Guest

I apologize for over-reacting.

Incidentally, when I said I expected better from this community it was because of how great the community is. Another great community has been the ranger community, though, seeing how it has people like Jay42 and Saihung. Unfortunately, there have been more and more powergaming idiots polluting the ranger chat channels and forums. The dregs of EQII are attracted to, among other things, rangers these days (pre-LU19), much like how one encounters them far too often in the new islands. In the repeated messages to these sunshine patriots many rational people have been insulted too, unfortunately. I like to think of myself as one, but sometimes I'm not (see above post!).

So what if HoS isn't working the same as before? I'm a freakin' PIRATE and I've got style!

So what if SoA isn't working the same as before? I've loved the ranger character concept as long as I can remember!

I just don't like being insulted, be it directly or simply by association, or being a scapegoat. I'm not claiming this happened here, it's just that I've become a bit defensive lately.