Roll a Ranger Campaign: 2006

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Syrano, Jan 28, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Syrano Guest

ROLL A RANGER CAMPAIGN

That's right ladies and gentlemen. Now is the time. The time for you to lay down your knives and your daggers, lay down your sabres and your epee's. Put those rapiers back on the wall! I have a dream! And that dream is to Roll a Ranger in 2006! I call upon all Swashies and our Brother brigands to lay downt he shackles of Tyranny and tell the world that you TOO want to be a Ranger!

Now I know. You're telling yourselves that rangers are ugly. That you don't look good in green. That those stupid little green hats with duck feathers just aren't "feelin it" for you. Green tights make your thighs look fat, yes, well, mine too. It's not easy being a Ranger I know. But it's time we show our support, it's time we too join the bandwagon. It's time we go find ourselves some cat gut, hack up a tree and fling wood at monsters. Because it's COOL. It's HOT. And most importantly, DPS is the only thing that matters.

We, the Swashbucklers and Brigands, are not afraid of the nerf bat. We aren't afraid of people pointing and laughing at our green tights. We all have a Ranger inside of us and its time we came out of the closet. So tell your friends, tell new players, even tell your Mom, that they TOO have a Ranger inside.

RANGERS FOR PRESIDENT 2006!!
  2. ARCHIVED-AratornCalahn Guest

I hate rangers... they are SO freaking much better than my class. (no im not telling you which one it is cos im super ashamed of it)

I just want to curl up next to a swashy with that hat on cos its so much better than mine :(

Woe is me, why o why do the devs hate us so much that they makest rangers to taunt us and fill us with rage! Oh devs! Why do thouest forsake us!

ahem... got a bit carried away there.... Bah who am I kidding? You all know its the turth :(
  3. ARCHIVED-Matheau Guest

Yeah, Rangers get all the cool abilities. Hate transfers to help the tank hold hate. Massive debuffs. A high mob DPS debuff. An ability proc to interrupt the target with normal swings, lose a decent amount of hate, and cast a major swing speed increase. They can strip wards, reactives, heal over times, damage shields, or any other significant buff off a target. All that and they do respectably high damage, too, particularly being able to maintain good damage over time since they are fairly power conservative if used right.

Rangers sound really great considering they have all those abilities. Wait those aren't Ranger abilities?
  4. ARCHIVED-bloodrage42 Guest

Are you a swash or a rogue at all???? if so your not a true one... i probably speak for others when i say ill never be a ranger!!! they suck.......:D

kosranga- 60 swash
  5. ARCHIVED-Lukia Guest

no no no, swashies are the ones that suck, we don't recommend anyone roll a swashy.... ever, we suck so bad, generally, we can't even hit mobs in raids, so what little DPS we actually do ahve get nullified by constantly missing, go roll a ranger, they are uber
  6. ARCHIVED-Syrano Guest

California

[IMG]

Wants YOU to be a Ranger!
  7. ARCHIVED-Syrano Guest

You WANT

[IMG]

Ranger Power!
  8. ARCHIVED-Syrano Guest

Chuck Norris Says

[IMG]

Rangers are Cool!
  9. ARCHIVED-Successer Guest

Bah California Rangers suck :) Texas Rangers are the bomb. They kick [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn].
    Cali Rangers = see pic above of Power Ranger.
    Texas Ranger = see pic above of Chuck Norris. He so ownz your [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn].
    Rangers are where it's at nowadays. They do so much damage it's pitiful.
    Message Edited by Successer on 01-29-200601:16 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Shiverr Guest

The ever deepening depression I have from being a swashy is only held at bay with the thoughts, nay - dream, of someday getting up the gusto to roll a ranger...or at the least an assassin... :smileyindifferent:
    Here here, I'm a swashy and I endorse this campaign!
  11. ARCHIVED-tass Guest

I had the chance not to long ago to choose to be a ranger or an assasin and I went swash. mostly because i was to dam lazy to betray and because i hate rangers just for the way they fight. and i couldnt be happier with my choice, i can beat the daylights outa any mob, herotic or not with my grps. in dungeon grps im near indespencible while the mage is back they trying to cast spells im up there hacking slashing adding dmg with my poisen which always hits, and dealling tons of dmg with spells. I recently grped with a ranger and watched as she was helpless in a fight without her arrow and had to use her sword meanwhile 100's of points flashed orange before my eyes as corpse after corpse fell. No i'll take a swash any day over a ranger, just because I dont have to run a few yards back to use a bow. (I can use arrows if I want but i prefer to sneak up and beat the daylights outa the enemy):smileyvery-happy:
  12. ARCHIVED-AegisCrown Guest

hey i plan to roll a ranger but im addicted to scouts and want one of each....
  13. ARCHIVED-Tezeric Guest

My favorite thing about rangers is...well...umm watching em pull agro from tank and dying while i sit and laugh and remember those days of all the hate spells we USED to have and never could use because..well, i would pull agro from tank..and die!!:smileyvery-happy:
    Now let me get on to better things...like umm checking my hair....anyone seen my sharktooth comb?
    Tezeric
    60 swashy
    butcherblock server
    Message Edited by Tezeric on 01-29-200610:47 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Qojan Guest

15. ARCHIVED-Sadpandaa Guest

/sigh

When will people learn? Swashies suck. Rangers rock... Their zone-wide 12k aoe is where it's at.

Oh, and Syrano, I love you. May I have your babies? Perhaps we could raise them to be great and powerful rangers...
  16. ARCHIVED-tass Guest

eh whats the difference, swashy ranger there all gonna be nerfed into ablivion sooner or later when soe looks at them lol. best to enjoy the class while it may even be fun. But if I did pick a better dps class (which i have my boring 51 wiz when i wanna pull anything and die), id choose an assasin because they are the best, ive seen em outbeat any ranger ive grped with in herotic grps, dont know why but they do and never get agro dam them lol. plus the name just sounds cool, ranger sounds like that long haired hippy from lord of the rings with his sword.
  17. ARCHIVED-trovan2 Guest

Why is this thread on a swash board??

GO SWASH!
  18. ARCHIVED-Mion da Peon Guest

[IMG]
    I found this sweet screenie of a ranger soloing... Go rangers!
  19. ARCHIVED-tass Guest

got me i think the swashy have finnaly snapped and gone postal everyone run!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.
  20. ARCHIVED-Syrano Guest

We shall raise many younglings, and they will be big and strong Rangers. Of course, many babies means lots of.. ahem.. well.. you know. We all have to make sacrifices, and that's one I'm willing to make!

And our children will not make our mistakes, for they will roll a Ranger and be proud!