Roleplayer New to EQ2 Looking to Learn the Ropes

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by Odysseus Sixx, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Odysseus Sixx New Member

Hey there!

Call me Odysseus Sixx. Sixx, Ody, Odysseus. I've many a nickname, though I've become partial to Sixx as of late. As you can tell, I'm new to EQ2, and I'm looking to get into the roleplaying community, though I don't know how to join in without causing a scene. I guess you could say I've gotten a rather bad taste in my mouth from World of Warcraft roleplay, as many roleplayers there shun anyone new whom would try to enter their tiny community.

So what I'm looking for (after the game is patched and I log in after work tomorrow) is hopefully for someone willing to show me the ropes of EQ2? Roleplaying is rather simple anywhere and I believe EQ2 should have one hell of a community with the tools it's got to make it so. So what do you say? How about you give Sixx a hand? It's a hand you won't regret offering.
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

Just in case you didn't already know, the role playing server is Antonia Bayle. Other than that I can't help you out as I'm on a different server from that.
  3. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Hi, and welcome to Antonia Bayle server, we're the rp server, though it is rp optional. This means that we have in our options area (in game hit c, go to options, and check the roleplaying option) a way to let others know we are open for spontaneous rp.

Another thing to check out is the broker, that's our way of buying other players goods and selling our own, and hit advanced search, then pick player written books. There are a few usually on there for a copper or two that list the normal times and locations for rp venues. Some take place at player designed and decorated taverns, some are markets where players show their wares at booths and tables, some are specialty clubs and bars with entertainment offered. If you cannot find a copy on the market I do believe one such rp info book was written by the lovely Slips, and maybe she will release some more copies if asked. (She is a ratonga, so maybe offer cheese or a cookie if you wish to sweeten the pot.)

I've seen some interesting rp. My favorite was a rather mundane night at a very well known and slightly exotic nightclub (shirtless male bar staff and all) when out of seemingly nowhere a fight erupts and the club's owner is stabbed and down, and people are all calling for a healer. The healer meanwhile has seen the bar and it's intoxicating liquid libations unattended and is helping herself and other clients to free drinks while the owner and his staff are clustered over on the far end of the room (staunching the blood flow I presume).

I got some free drinks. I cause wounds ic, the closest I come to healing them is hiring a healer mercenary. Shrugs. So it was to like my character could help or anything, lol.

This was in Freeport which is the evil aligned capitol. They're a bit blasé there about things like 'oh you got stabbed'. It's a rather gritty environment and it can make for fun rp. This is not to say you need to be evil to get rp. I was there on a good aligned toon, you just gotta learn to sneak into cities of alternate alignment. ;)

What race and class are you going to start with? Will you do some tradeskilling? Have you any great feelng as to your characters back story and place of origin? Why are they adventuring? What are their goals and worries?
  4. Odysseus Sixx New Member

I've got in mind a bit of a plan of what I am looking to go for as far as my character's bio and such. I plan on starting my journey as an assassin, with a rather solid background. A background of which I will be starting to write when I get home. As far as place of origin, I don't have a clue, though a little research will help. I find EQ2 seems more welcoming already as an RP community than most and feel I'm going to enjoy it here.