Roleplay Guild Idea -Testing the Waters

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by TheFarsideFox, Jul 14, 2013.

1. TheFarsideFox New Member

Hi!

I've never really posted here but I've played EQ2 on and off for about four-ish years while I never actively roleplayed in Everquest 2, I'm not unfamiliar to the concept and have been an avid table top roleplayer as well as roleplaying in other MMOs. I always felt like I was missing out not really trying to discover roleplay in Everquest 2, there seems to be a lot to work with. I'm not sure if people would even still be interested in an RP guild.

So the idea, is a group of characters that are akin to scientific explorers or maybe like magical archeologist. Basically there are dangerous artifacts, strange places and unknown magics that require study and these are the folks who find them, study them and if need be protect them from causing a danger to the world around them. Something between Warehouse 13, Indiana Jones, and maybe a little Harry Potter mixed in if there are people who'd like to have characters as more of apprentices or students of these magical archeologist. I would like to mix leveling progression into this roleplay. I'll most likely create a new character, (though most likely supported by my level 60 something). But if there are higher level characters who want to be involved, there is always mentoring!

This isn't just for scholarly characters, we could use warrior types to guard the scholars and explorers in their pursuit for delving into dangerous crypts and ruins. Merchants, treasure seekers or even something as simple as the camp cook.

You may be asking, "Why Everquest 2?" I did consider other MMOs that I have played but I didn't feel they really had enough content to explore. I think the world of Norrath has a lot to offer, also I don't feel like I'm being suffocated by the storylines and meta-archs of the game. Also there's a lot of lore of places can be explored.

This is just a basic thumbnail of the story idea, I'm sorry at the moment its still a bit vague but I just want to see what kind of interest there may be. If interested, just leave a response and if there's enough interest I'll get it started up. I'm looking for quality over quantity, now this doesn't mean people have to be a "perfect" roleplayer, I'd like to start with people who are familiar with the concepts of roleplay, character development, storyline, etc. But I'm not opposed to taking on new roleplayers either. All right, I think this post is plenty long, if interested leave a comment below along with the best way to be contacted.
    Seefar likes this.
  2. GeekyGothy Active Member

I will support any and all new RP guilds on the AB server. Although there's already at least one guild that does exactly what you're describing called The Maj'Din. A secretive group based in a hidden cavern beneath the sinking sands.
    Seefar likes this.
  3. Gemsirae New Member

Let me know if I can help in any way, I am new to EQ2, but interested in the roleplay possibilities!