Role-Playing on Antonia Bayle?

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by Knightjim151, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

Sigh, I remember where players didn't name their character till Level 3 because of how easy it was to die in ADnD. If you were bad at RP then you died, your character knew what your knew, there were no "knowledge checks" and so much was situational. You could gain favorable bonus to stealth if you hid in the grass versus hiding behind a tree. I actually run these "situational modifiers" in my modules/campaign settings which are of course hidden to the player but are based on how the player describes their action. They either get a bonus or penalty based on that.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's cool. I like a GM like that, though our game group has played together for SO very long that we meta-game all over the place, and it's rare that we keep stuff like that "behind the screen" (could also be because we're all GMs now, and frankly, we're still wrestling with/arguing over/discussing the Pathfinder rules, so...). The few times when people get the infamous personal GM HAND-OUT (always opened with trepidation) or get asked to "come with me to the kitchen...oh, and yeah, bring your character sheet. And a pencil. Aaaaaand--maybe your dice...heh heh heh... ;->" it's a cause for at least minor panic. ;->

I often wonder how many of the devs do roleplaying, old-school, these days...I know it's a completely different sort of situation, but it couldn't hurt. ;->

Uwk
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

I will always find Tabletop RP to be the best kind. I frankly hope it stays around, I am not in a society and I haven't run my own group yet. When I actually got to the point of starting my own content, my group stopped playing :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, man! That blows... :-(

Here's hoping you can get a group together in the future! :)

Uwk