RoK Items That Need Attention - Beta.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Kander, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haskar Active Member

Oh no! They really didn't get the items balanced this time? I thought after DoF, KoS and EoF they would have made it all good this time....

Just kidding ... I actually told you it's gonna be the same ...

On the other hand, another 3 months in EoF would not have changed anything anyway.

DBG thinks it's good and if we all continue to play along they don't have to change anything. Period!
  2. agosborne Member

Also, for Wands-- there are no options better than the city quest wands (228 Damage Rating) other than the R2T wand (255DR). Could we please get an 80 fabled wand (with 255DR) added to Dominus Ganak's loot table-- he drops all other kinds of weapons except wands and the weapons he drops have the same Damage Ratings as the R2T rewards.
    [IMG]
    http://eq2.zam.com/db/mob.html?eq2mob=5d7ef2f9e8d8ff67ba025f9a8795ca1c#Drops

And then could you add upgraded wands to Venril Sathir and Silverwing please so that we have something to look forward to and upgrade as we progress instead of using the city quest wand for the entire expansion like we had to for KoS....it was really sad to have nothing to strive for after the silly city quest wand. Thank you.
  3. Demoneque Member

Please look at the stats on items from the level 80 city timeline quests. Linked below is a eq2i article showing the final level 80 city quest and links to the rewards:

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/How_the_Mighty_Fall

Example of loot from that questline:

[IMG]
  4. Blaupunkt Active Member

I don't get why there was the big push for RoK if some of you had seen how poor itimization was in beta, no can know for sure if 3 more months in EoF would have enabled them to implement more fixes or not.

Let's hope the devs have a nice surprise for us when it goes live or 3 extra months in EoF might not have been so bad!
  5. Haskar Active Member

It's not like DBG has to wait until a vote passes to fix the next tier of equipment. They could have done it once EoF went live or they could just start fixing everything and thell roll it out with every expansion.

It is true that noone knows if it would have been better in 3 months but it would be the same
  6. Haskar Active Member

@Blaupunkt:
    On July 11th I posted a census link with some items that I thought needed a fix (I wont quote all of the post):

If you check the Census link today you will see that 943 match the first filter and 879 match the second filter.

So either Census is totally unusable for this purpose or DBG fixed only 19 of those items I had a problem with within 1 month.

If anyone knows a better way to identify and track items that need a fix. Please come forward. Maybe(!) this can change for the next expansion (although I think DBG is quite resistant to changes).
  7. Blaupunkt Active Member

Your link(s) does not work for me I just get a blank page.

My point was more towards the massive push some people on this forum made for wanting RoK released for the so called good of the server, IF itemization is worse than it was when EoF was released then whats the point exactly ? so more people can rage on these forums more can quit or go back to live, at least EoF has items that are upgrades if only minimal, 3 more months of EoF in its current state would not have been the end of the server no matter what people claim, however going on how many people left because of the mess what was KoS, RoK in a similar state could be!

I am not disputing they could be have been fixing issues with RoK as soon as EoF was released in fact they should be, even if it was just X amount of items per day, if they did 20 items a day 140 items a week over 2 months would be fine, but it seems at the moment they have not, or they have but just not telling anyone, lets hope its the latter!
  8. Haskar Active Member

well, that may explain why I didn't get much reactions ...

I didn't follow nor participated in the marketing campaign on the RoK release. It is as it is. I hope items are fixed when it starts or they will get fixed asap.

That being said. An easy way to report bad itemization would be good - on the other hand ... none of my reports have been fixed so ... do whatever you want DBG
  9. Seifer of Aftermath Member

Yea the point is that all they do is lie. This post was made over a month ago to get changes made and hardly anything has been done. 3 more months would have changed nothing but them just putting it off like always. People really need to come to this forum to voice there opinion on how bad the itemization is.
    Link this item in game please \aITEM 968579572 1107063428:Wristlet of Instinctual Maiming\/a
    It has better stats than all instanced dungeon gear at the moment and almost on par with some raid gear. It is lvl 72 and drops from solo named in Fens.
    Ap0k likes this.
  10. agosborne Member

Also-- as it stand right now....here is the potency from the overland zones on items from face roll easy ^ solo named mobs:

KP 4.2% potency items
    Fens 4.4% potency items
    KJ 4.2% potency items
    JW 3.8% potency items

How does that make any sense? Please lower them to get them in line with how they should be by level progression:

KP 3.5% pot
    Fens 3.6% pot
    KJ 3.7% pot
    JW 3.8% pot
  11. agosborne Member

These city quest wand's blue and green stats are completely out of line...here are pictures of RoK wands--please put them in line with progression of other level 80 legendary wands.

[IMG]

Thank you.
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I suspect there isn't the time to do individual loot tables like the old days for these zones now. I suspect if they want some form of consistency they just have to run a script and hit everything in a zone with near idenfical set values.

I doubt any Dev really has time to go through all ROK zones and determine what was rare/fabled, bump stats up accordingly etc. As much as it'd be nice to see, I just can't see it happening.

All this in mind with the next new expac due next few months, and new live content end of this month, resources to pick out specific items must not be easy to find.
  13. Blaupunkt Active Member

I think they could, run the generic scripting tool across each tier of equipment, that cannot take long, then if one Dev took it upon them selves to do 20 items a day for the life of the Xpac and on TLE that's about 2 month so call it 9 weeks minimum that's 900 items, which could include class sets legendary and fabled, weapons and some select items from both instances and raids.

I mean how long in reality would it take to do 20 items a day 5 days a week, couple of hours a day if that.
  14. Ixian Active Member

A couple of hours a day is a lot when that same dev is already working over time doing itemization and system changes for the next live update AND expansion. The EQ2 team is very resource starved.

Edit: By the way, I don't think the above necessarily makes it okay that TLE isn't getting the love it should get, just stating that's how it is.
  15. Blaupunkt Active Member

Thats all very well, but with the TLE being a Sub only server they should allocate so many hours per day or per week to this server, as they should other servers/aspects of the game, while it might be a small Dev team these days, that really is no excuse, they created the servers, made them a premium sub only based server.
  16. El Chupa Loud Member

Dirge set bonuses need to be changed

\aITEM -719906013 1146369100:Coat of Lamenting Ballads\/a

we literally already have all 3 of those through character focuses.
  17. Monotone Active Member

These are not usable on TLE. Just grinded faction and tried them.
  18. Caith Developer

There was a code fix for them that did not make the cut off for Tuesday, but it will be in the next hotfix.
  19. Haskar Active Member

I see a drastic decrease of green defensive stats. Especially on monk items (I only look at those)
    I am still using KoS items because of that.

Is that getting better later on in the expansion? If not, I will spam this thread with pictures of every monk item with less than 10 of any defensive stat (if that item has at least 1 of those, rest will be considered as DPS gear!)
    Jandraligeli likes this.
  20. Galdenya/Sigon Active Member

[IMG]
    Would be cool for this to have a third blue stat and more than 3.4 DPS considering it was an avatar drop. And it's not getting replaced by anything, I've looked around.

Thanks

Epic AND myth blue stats are still pretty lackluster too. Just got my epic and almost didn't use it because the weapon I have has better stats =/
    Some epics had 5+ percent crit on top of other things. There should be no reason any class takes a second to think about whether or not they should use their epic.

[IMG]
    An 80 fabled 1 hander and offhand would be
    4.8% crit
    8.8% potency
    572 ability mod
    It's a decent, sorta, proc for fast casters but doesn't make up for this kind of lack of stats.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.