RoK bucklers?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Roache, Nov 30, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

-Aonein- wrote:
    Perhaps you cant read patch notes or even look at pictures. I even told you in WW chat that it was ment to be a buckler and you said i was wrong... sucks to be you, again.

Just so you can see some more
    [IMG]

Notice TYPE BUCKLER?
  2. ARCHIVED-Volion Guest

/drool

I want one for Christmas!

_V
  3. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

Just got mine tonight! To think it took me almost a full year of raiding FTH to get Buckler of the Howler. I couldn't believe this thing dropped on our first run through Protector's Realm- and on the day they made it into a Buckler ;)
    [IMG]
  4. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    Skel, you must not leap to conclusions thinking this is how the Buckler is meant to be, don't burn your candle so brightly just yet, it may just get nerfed to fall in line with Buckler Protection values due to the mechanics of the game.
    Time and time again we see them do knee jerk changes to items in Type, Class etc, yet they dont change the stats untill later down the track. All they have done is change it too Buckler, lets wait and see if they nerf the protection value down to around six maybe seven hundred or so shall we?
    If there is some new calculation to determine shield protection values, then why hasn't it effected old shields in earlier tiers and if there is a new calculation for RoK only items in reguards to shield protection values, just imagine what a Tower will yeild, 2500+? Seeing that you like to think that a 72% increase from Tier 7 to tier 8 isn't over powered, right?
  5. ARCHIVED-Dimglow Guest

Now that the shield has made it live I don't think it is anywhere near as likely to be changed. Fireflyte has caught a lot of flak changing items, and I doubt they want to keep stirring up trouble by adding more to the pot.

So congratulations guys. We've got one hell of a shield to use/look forward to now. 12.5% block chance + 8% riposte = pretty sweet deal from buckler line.
  6. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

Kemt@Venekor wrote:
    /agree
    I think if any more people start screaming for Fyreflyte's head they're going to start chartering planes for San Diego to go raid SOE headquarters, or browsing the want ads looking for hit men. In the mean time I'll just enjoy using my new toy ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

-Aonein- wrote:
    Uh, yes because that was the increase from t6 to t7... and guess what they never nerfed the flesh buckler. Crazyness
  8. ARCHIVED-Nitz Guest

So any guard or zerk without this buckler is a joke. At least we had two options in T7. I hope SOE introduces some others of this caliber.
  9. ARCHIVED-RufusDeMarko Guest

This just doesn't seem right to me. That shield was/is a round shield...CLEARLY...why did they change it to buckler? Why now? Why not just change out STA line to round shields then?
    I'm not expecting this to last long.
  10. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

How is it clearly a round shield? It has LESS protection value then round shields 8 levels lower then it.

Or even better your idea of making sta line use round shield thus screwing over anyone who had a buckler for the past 2 years because they never looted round shields. Sweet idea
  11. ARCHIVED-Oldlore Guest

So besides this one buckler that's been the subject of so much discussion, has anyone come accross any legendary buckler upgrades in any of the instances? I'd be suprised if they didn't put one in that would be an upgrade to Festering Flesh.
  12. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Not really much to choose from at this point. I have heard that an overhaul of RoK loot is in the works but im not sure if that means changing 10 items or 1000. Also just for comparison...

[IMG]

I could be crazy and all but im pretty sure a shield 8 levels higher of the same quality should have MORE protection. So the arguments of VG is ment to be a round shield are moot.
  13. ARCHIVED-RufusDeMarko Guest

I took a look at some bucklers on lootdb.com and was thoroughly confused 'cause their protection was all over the place it seemed
  14. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Kemt@Venekor wrote:
    You fail to forget the platheor of items they have changed and still have plans to be changed in up and coming patches from RoK?
    I agree, enjoy it while it lasts, 12.5% block + what ever riposte and %parry you can get via items and passive abilities.
    Oh and Skel, the way the mechanics of the game in reguards to Shield protection is suppose to keep your block percentage upto par with your level advancement, in the same reguards as your Mitigation value. You never really get more, it stays the same. As you level and outgrow your items, your values lower making you aim for better equipment, which is why there was no real 72% increase to block chance from T6 to T7, other wise, if that was the case, then we would have bucklers that had a 30% chance to block and towers that had 70% chance to block by now if it worked how you think it works. At max level with same level equipment depending on quaility, you always had around a 5% chance to block with a Buckler, around 18% with a tower, same can be applied to Mitigation via gear, if you hyperthectically speaking were able to obtain all the best gear for your level it will always be around 50 - 55%. Otherwise we would all be running around in level 10 gear with 50+% mitigation and the only real motive to upgrade would be for stats and nothing else and not to mention, would make all your precious raid gear, moot.
    I seriously expect this shield to get nerfed, it is in no way inline with the progresion of the shields protection growth.
    Master crafted Tower shields for Tier 8 are 1183 protection and this being a Buckler is 985 protection...........Master crafted Tier 8 Bucklers are 394 this being 985 protection...................this is seriously going to get adjusted. It is simply way out of whack. From T8 MC to T8 Fabled it is a 150% increase in protection value alone. If we apply the same 150% increase to MC Tower, it would equal 2957.5, the Highest Tower Shield value in RoK I have seen to date is 1728 Protection, granted it is a Legendary shield (Shield of the Green Dragon), there is no way in hell that a fabled Tower Shield will grow to over 2900 this expasion.
  15. ARCHIVED-Wyrmypops Guest

Anyone come across any Legendary bucklers yet?
    Only one I've seen on the broker was a Sarnak one, with stats and abilities that aren't suggestive of being intended for us. I dare say there's more out there, but so many RoK items are suffering under an overuse of the no-trade tag.
    Even went for a run around the faction merchants. What with them getting more items to sell. Nothing sexy there though, that I found anyway.
    So any Legendary melee bucklers out there? Or is it something else to /feedback?
  16. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

They added some new stuff to faction merchants, even shields, but not one warrior buckler. Pretty dumb if there will only be 1 T8 buckler, which is also raid drop, even tho from an easy zone.
  17. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

I never said anything about block chance. I was simply stating the protection value growth. Dont you ever just admit you were wrong?
  18. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    What makes you remotely think you are right? Because you bug reported it because you think it is a buckler?
    I really dont know how to be much more clearer then we already have been Skel, you are only hoping it doesnt get nerfed and trying to advocate this as a true buckler in hopes more people will agree with you when most people already know and agree its over powered.
    Here let me put it like this:
    Buckler = Tier 7
    1. Master Crafted = 343
    2. Legendary = 397
    3. Fabled = 423
    Round = Tier 7
    1. Master Crafted = 686
    2. Legendary = 795
    3. Fabled = 934
    Tower = Tier 7
    1. Master Crafted = 1029
    2. Legendary = 1273
    3. Fabled = 1313
    Buckler = Tier 8
    1. Master Crafted = 394
    2. Legendary = 435
    3. Fabled = 985
    Round = Tier 8
    1. Master Crafted = Haven't seen a MC version actually.
    2. Legendary = 816
    3. Fabled = Well, Virtues Guard was a Round shield so lets just assume = 985, which would make sense, especially seeing that the round shield itself comes from a tier 1 raid in RoK, in other words, easy raid.
    Tower Shield = Tier 8
    1. Master Crafted = 1183
    2. Legendary = 1728 (Raid drop Legendary, alot better then standard group Lengendaries)
    3. Fabled = Yet too see one.

If you can't see the problem here Skel, I feel for the Guardian class.
    I am going to take a really rough estimated guess here and after doing a little number crunching, that Virtues Guard should be around the 650 mark in Shield Protection, with a Fabled Tower coming in at around 1900 - 2000, give or take maybe 100 depending on what the developers want to aim the shield at class wise, Festering Flesh Buckler is a prime example, obviously aimed at Fighters.
  19. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

-Aonein- wrote:
    Are you really so dumb that you cant see 2 of the pictures in this thread that show your numbers are wrong. There is a tier 7 round shield with much higher protection value 2 posts up and are you totaly forgetting about the flesh buckler thats over 100 what your listed value is?
  20. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    Skel, im starting to wonder about you man, seriously. You obviously are only looking at this whole situation one sided.
    For starters, I didnt link your Festering Flesh and the Wuoshi shield for a reason, those 2 shields are the exception me and Kemt have been trying to point out to you yet you kindly turn a blind eye to it, BUT they are only a small fraction better by a very minimal margin, what your trying to say is right is by a huge margin that isn't intentional and will be adjusted.
    Take a look at it, do the math, the increase to the Festering Flesh and Natural Aegis over the highest valued shields are 8.5% roughly. The difference between the highest Tier 8 shield atm and the Virtues guard is 125.5% roughly, you seriously cannot be that dumb to think this is correct Skel? Without knowing exactally what Raid Legendary bucklers are out there, we can only assume the difference at most should be roughly somewhere around 12%, not 125.5%. That is why I am guessing that the shield will be nerfed down to around 650, give or take 100, like I said which you obviously haven't read, in reguards to shields like Natural Aegis and Festering Flesh, which are the exception, but within a minimal margin, not a huge overpowering margin.
    The difference here between what you think is right is that, Wuoshi is a high end raid zone. Tier 1 RoK raid that drops that Virtues Guard is but a opener for RoK raid content, in other words, while the Wuoshi shield has a higher shield protection, by the time you get to that point in RoK in reguards to gear progression, the Round sheild you find at that point will have more then Wuoshi's, thats where you misunderstand the level difference vs quaility. I'm going to take another rough guess and say that the new Round shield that will replace Wuoshi's round will be around Tier 3 maybe 4, stuff no one has seen yet.
    So lets assume Round shield values:
    1. 1012 for High end Tier 7.
    2. 985 for Low end Tier 8.
    Looks right to me.