RoK bucklers?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Roache, Nov 30, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Roache Guest

Just curious what sort of Bucklers I should start looking for as a Zerker --
    I've been keeping my eye out on the worldwide zerker channel, but have yet to see any bucklers--
    anyone know of any?
  2. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

Only decent bucklers i have seen have been for healers, no warrior love yet.
  3. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

almost crapped myself when i saw the one in chardok a week ago that had 900 protection, too bad it is bard/priest only.. think we got WW disco on that one.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zeuhl27 Guest

Aye the only bucklers I've seen so far have been for healers. Hell my wife just picked one up the other day on her Inquisitor hehe.
  5. ARCHIVED-Vydar Guest

yeah, we're still farming the Howler then leaving FTH for a buckler for me.

Haven't seen anything better.
  6. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

They better add T8 bucklers for us, or there's going to be huge avoidance gap between tower and buckler in T8. Towers with +1800 prot, T8 stats/effects and + block bonuses will beat T7 bucklers anyday. Legendary bucklers with 600+ and fabled with 650+ protection needed.
  7. ARCHIVED-ailen Guest

has anyone see any kind of shields yet? I'm on Nagafen and the only shield I have seen, buckler/tower/kite or otherwise is the legendary off the x2 contested in the jungle.

anyone?
  8. ARCHIVED-Xita Guest

all i have seen are healer bucklers as well, which i agree is disappointing.
  9. ARCHIVED-Zeuhl27 Guest

Ailen@Nagafen wrote:
    I've seen a couple of shields but not any that would be used by anyone with decent gear already. I saw a decent buckler that my wife picked up and a tower shield that wasn't near as good as any of the legendary towers from T7. I agree that we need some badass legendary and fabled bucklers added or some of us are going to require a little tweeking.
  10. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

i've had no issues tanking anything with the old EoF bucklers yet
    the main question is how are the progression buckler specced raid tanks doing?
  11. ARCHIVED-Naq'Jundax Guest

havent seen any new bucklers yet...

all my armor is EoF and i dont have problems tanking as well.
    Did CoA today at lvl 77 with other ppls lvl 74-78, noone died during the whole run!
    berserk ftw :D
  12. ARCHIVED-RufusDeMarko Guest

Perhaps SOE is looking to change the direction of the buckler situation with tanks?
    That could explain the lack of "warrior" bucklers, they don't know what they want to do and/or haven't found a way to implement a change so they're just not adding them.
    But I agree...I've received one buckler so far and that was from a Kylong Plains quest and it was healer orientated.
  13. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

i doubt it, the only tanks i saw using planks were having aggro issues due to low DPS.
  14. ARCHIVED-ailen Guest

well I rerolled into Barbarian for the racials, I should probably change my sig, so far I've found some great gear upgrades, or similar quality to "some of the stuff" I had on ailen my human, (ie GBH and Buckler of the Howler) I'm using Ironplate shielding atm, and that thing is pretty weak. I'm on PvP and there's an "ok" buckler you can get from the PvP merchant, which I'm saving up my pvp tokens for at the moment, but I was hoping to find something of better quality than my silly Ironfang one, tokens are hard to come by. I'm pretty much exclusively our off-tank for Raids.. so I doubt I need that much help....
    There's all kinds of weapons, all kinds of jewelry, all kinds of armor to be had, my bags are so full of it all, but I haven't found a single buckler save the 2 healer ones (one from Kylong and there's another one that comes from Jarsath Wastes), and they both compare to my ironplate shielding for protection but with healer stats... (treasured)... I'm wondering, did they just leave the shields out or something? I'd figure by now I'd at the very least have some kind of tower/kite of some sort in my bag(boxes heh!) but nothing so far.
  15. ARCHIVED-Zeuhl27 Guest

I'm still using my old buckler and not really complaing about it as much as I'm just hoping there is a better one to look forward too.
  16. ARCHIVED-Wargurine Guest

I have seen the link to a pretty sick tower shield, totally forget the name now though. Was uber enough that if I got it, I would drop buckler spec in a heartbeat. There was also a fabled buckler linked in the ww zerk channel the other night that had ok stats, but no str or sta, wouldn't drop Howler for it though.
  17. ARCHIVED-RenidinIV Guest

Bohow@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    What's the name of the ww zerk channel? i'd like to read that channel.
    Thanks
  18. ARCHIVED-Roache Guest

RenidinIV wrote:
    /join antonia_bayle.swberserker
    (there may not be an underscore)
  19. ARCHIVED-ailen Guest

From test update notes today:
    • Virtue's Guard is now a Buckler, and adds +Combat Arts damage.

so we'll have an option when that update comes out.
  20. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

yay my red dev phone worked!