Rogue AAs

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-AegisCrown, Feb 8, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Tuna99 Guest

Keep in mind the the Heroic Opportunity that allows you to keep your offensive skills augmented continuously. I am careful to keep it up at all times (isn't hard as it lasts for a long time). With that in mind I wouldn't give coule a second thought.
  2. ARCHIVED-Rokjin Guest

From the Berserkers point of view, in D Stance, even with that HO going his accuracy is still below 80-90%, so it would be great for him to have. It's also nice being able to have 100% accuracy in D stance when I'm PvPing or soloing, as every 1% lost of accuracy is 1% less damage your doing, and possibly a debuff that didn't land. Also, I self-cap my Defense just by going into D stance, which makes a large difference in PvP.
  3. ARCHIVED-Hammerhead70 Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Laomie Guest

First off - AA line im using now: 4 4 4 8 agi , 4 5 4 8 8 wis... think thats right lol, its 4:23am here so cut me some slack :)
    basically i have 8 into Avast Ye, 8 into Unemcumberance and 8 into Coule.
    Using a Chel Shard ive noticed a huge increase in damage with Avaste Ye and Coule than doing the str line for crits and Tswipe. There are alot of skill mods yes in the game but as at least 40 to 50percent of our main dps seems to be autoattack, the easier it is to hit to mob, the more dps we do.
    Tswipe in EOF content seems [I cannot control my vocabulary] imo, resisted alot on mobs and having to range some fights e.t.c e.t.c is just not worth the time and hastle, especially making the AE times fluctuate if it drops, gets resisted e.t.c
    From what i read at the start of this post (yes i skipped a few) if we get a 72percent more chance to proc cause we can proc off every attack (even a DA) then Avaste Ye, owns crit chance in my opinion. Yes you may be able to crit 14percent more, but you can still get low crits for like 300-400, an top end ones of 1700. Having a 16percent chance, 24 with blessings and luck of the dirge, to proc at top end of 860 is killer. Now im gonna assume that 16 per attack, including the 2nd attack from a DA.
    basically: Top end raid dps with str, wis i was parsing 1990.... after the respec - 2560 in T7, 2700 in a courts farming run
  5. ARCHIVED-JeremieJ Guest

I've been reading this thread and it looks like a lot of people are going WIS/STR with the AAs. I'd like to focus on doing max dps with whatever AA setup I go with, but I'd also like to continue to duel-wield. If the WIS/STR setup is clearly better, DPS wise, than the other AA setups I'd consider it. Is there a setup that duel-wield Swashies are going with to maximize their DPS? I'm not max level yet, but I've always liked planning ahead for these types of things. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
  6. ARCHIVED-SmCaudata Guest

STR/AGI is the best dual wield setup for DPS as long as you flank the mobs. Really, when flanking/behind it is probably as good as the wisdom line if you get some nice weapons like GDoH and DoN.
  7. ARCHIVED-JeremieJ Guest

Thanks for reply! I'll have to look into a STR/AGI build then. :smileyhappy:
  8. ARCHIVED-Rokjin Guest

You actually don't get a second chance to proc with Avast Ye on the Double Attack. Shortly after they put in Double Attack, it was changed so that procs could not go off on the second attack except for 100% procs like Inspiration.
    With the proc increases now, yes, Avast Ye could be comparable to STR crit boost, especially if your always behind the mob (ie, don't solo or PvP much). I may do some more math on it with the new system when I update my analysis after the forum wipe.
  9. ARCHIVED-Laomie Guest

Yea Rok, it was late when i posted that haha, realised after an couldnt be bothered to edit it Lol :)
    If yourself or anyone could do the math on that - it would definatly be appreciated, i dont even trust myself with a calculator.
    I think it it comparable if not a slight increase, i mean yea dependant on the group, but with DKTM, Blessings, Luck of the Dirge, i have 12% melee crit, and a 24% chance to proc Avast Ye, normally 4% and 16% chance.
    Prefer this set up for sure, im makin the assassins an necro's sweat now on the parser LOL
  10. ARCHIVED-Jaggid Guest

Does someone have up to date information that isn't buried in 17 pages of crap?
  11. ARCHIVED-Merowinger Guest

hi has anyone the shield aa tree full ? is shield + onehand , perhaps sta-wis or sta-str tree ok for dps ? anyone made his own experience with that ? mFg
  12. ARCHIVED-jam3sD Guest

useful crap GOOD SPECS. wis/str - high defense with great offense. Great for raiding if your guild needs another "swipe" Excels with a high delay/spread weapon for hard hitting criticals. agi/wis - good damage output, allows you to chain combat arts quicker. Avast ye is great with percentage increaser buffs. agi/str - dependant on good weapons but can do as good if not better as a 1hander spec
  13. ARCHIVED-Mizou Guest

Aeeron@Nagafen wrote:
    just what u said.... 25x useless posts....

after gu38 with good or bad weapons agi / str

1h = only usefull with 80+ damage rating atm, after gu38 its 90+ minimum + double attack proc items !
  14. ARCHIVED-Cocytus Guest

Mizou wrote:
    Rofl.
  15. ARCHIVED-Antas22 Guest

Cocytus wrote:
    Well said. Mizou, run some actual parses. Until then, stop spewing ignorance, I think I got some on my boots.
  16. ARCHIVED-Lukia Guest

Mizou wrote:
    Mizou, please back up your claim of 90+ being minimum after LU38, can't see how you can claim this with LU38 still on test and nothing final till it hits live servers. Wild sweeping statements like this is what other classes read and we end up getting nerfed due to it, please keep your statements to factual information, or clearly state that it is your opinion and not based on anything substantial.
  17. ARCHIVED-Mizou Guest

so after gu 38 and the 25.9 what do u think ? are people going back to str / wis ? i personaly play str / agi atm but the nerf is cutting the dps alot

before 25.9 : 2,5-4k dps
    after 25.9: 1,4-3k dps

what do u guys think ?
  18. ARCHIVED-elvenballer Guest

What is the best DPS build for a dual wielder? Wisdom is no use since I dual wield, correct? I was thinking that an AGI/STR build would be best, but I don't know where to spend my points.
  19. ARCHIVED-121 dirtybird Guest

elvenballer wrote:
    STR 4,8,4,8,2 AGI 4,8,4,8,2 STA 4,4,4 INT 4,1 Is ATM the best spec for DW...
    STR 4,4,4,8 AGI 4,6,4,8,2 WIS 4,8,4,7,2 Is ATM the best Wis spec...
    Now these are IMHO. Others may like different setups but this is my two..
  20. ARCHIVED-Satou Guest

Can anyone explain the point of 4-4-4 in sta for DW? Not trying to be cheeky, just don't get the benefits.

I'm switching over from wis line to a dw spec soon and I can't really decide how I want to go about it. Losing Coule scares me.

I'm definitely going down the full agi line, then either going full down str or int.

How much of a dps killer would 24 into int be?