Rogue AA: Evading Awareness

Discussion in 'General Scout Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-ericsweeney, Apr 8, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-ericsweeney Guest

Since the previous thread on this subject was locked for not being constructive, I'm starting a new thread about this messed up AA option.
    Introduced as one of the SF AA abilities in the Rogue tree, the Evading Awareness ability (which is located beneath the Int tree) was added to the available Rogue selections. As literally written, it increased the proc rate of a Rogue's hate loss procs. More specifically, their self buff hate loss proc and the Ignorant Bliss hate loss proc poison. Both of these categories only result in a loss of pure hate and don't affect your Threat ranking.
    Despite the way it was written, this AA version went live with it affecting ALL procs that a Rogue would generate. As of this week, it was quietly corrected so that it would only function as it was written. Almost over night, any Rogue who was using this option has switched to a move attractive choice like the choice below the Wis line which raises their Accuracy rate.
    ----------
    What is the honest purpose to the corrected Evading Awareness? As it currently stands, the only hate loss mechanics which make a substancial difference are abilities which provide a -1 Threat ranking or lower a person's hate by a flat %. Increasing the proc rate on a -2,000 threat poison doesn't offset that it barely even keeps up with a Rogue's auto attack rate. Let alone affecting the aggro gain which is resulting from a Rogue hitting any of their CA.
    When I first saw the Evading Awareness AA and didn't know that it wasn't functioning as written, I just pointed and laughed at the selection. I know that I'm not alone in that opinion. To be honest, I can't see anyone taking that AA choice unless they have absolutely no understanding of how the hate mechanics work.
    I guess my whole point is that this "super SF end line" ability is just plain worthless in its current form. Would it be possible that the ability could be changed into something more effective?
    Proposal: If the point of the AA ability is to help it lower a Rogue's hate generation, then I'd suggest a meaningful change. Make it so that the AA decreases the Reuse timer on any ability (class or AA granted) which provides a -1 Threat. At least this modification would be following the theme of the original AA while still providing an actual game benefit.
  2. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

Evading Awareness in its fixed form is utterly and completely useless.
    And will never be used by any rogue that has an IQ over 2.

It was /gasp USEFUL when it affected all procs and rogues actually used the AA, as it should be.
    If no one will every actually use an option, that should make a dev think "Hmm, maybe there actually is an issue here." Not that they actually would think back over things like that at SoE though.
    If you are dead set on keep this AA as a threat control option, it must be changed from its current form.
    As it, its attempting to modify things that dont even negate the hate generated from a single autoattack. Just let that sink in a minute. Increasing the proc rate of something useless, still gives you something useless!

A hate position drop is about the only thing that would make this AA of any use what so ever.
    One route to take:
    Have it modify the Rogue Bufuddle buff by adding a chance to proc a hate position drop besides the regular hate decrease.
    I dont recall the actual proc rate of Befuddle off hand (like 5 times / min or something?) but change Evading Awareness to something like: Grants a chance to drop 1 hate position everytime Befuddle procs. And then make it 2.5% - 4% chance per point. End result with 8 points spent 1/5th or 1/3rd of the times Befuddle procs, it includes a hate position drop.
  3. ARCHIVED-SinIsLaw Guest

yeah, have to agree! Am amazed how quick SoE is changing a good AA ability back to something useless, and on the other hand after 3 years the wisdom line still hasnt been adjusted to match the current game play