Rock Skin: you have got to be kidding me

Discussion in 'Bruiser' started by ARCHIVED-Novusod, Oct 20, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

At SoE Live the question was asked about why is such a useless ability included as a prestige. Tanking bruisers will be forced to get this ability to get the rest of the defensive line.

The Dev response was they have a metric that determines some bruisers are actually using the ability Rock Skin so they don't need to change it.

This is a terrible way to decide if an ability deserves to be changed or not and I will tell you why. I have used Rock Skin a few times myself to test it out. Usually test it on every new mob I would try it few times to see if would make any type of difference in the fight. This does not mean I endorse the ability nor find it in anyway useful. In fact all the times I tested it Rock skin did not produce any beneficial result. Rock skin is total garbage if not completely broken since the ward from the prestige is constantly ignored by the hard mode mobs.

Well from now on I won't be testing this ability any more since it skews the favoribility on the metric. I suggest other Bruisers do the same.
  2. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

It's not broken, but...there's just not much use for it. It doesn't block unwardable proc hits, obviously, and the only other magical damage is really aoes, which unless you apply it really early, shaman wards will take priority because they were applied first.
  3. ARCHIVED-ZUES Guest

Agreed. The prestige line leaves a lot to be desired. Love that STA conversion in the middle though.
  4. ARCHIVED-Netty Guest

You still have the best offensiv line out of any class imo...
  5. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

Netty wrote:
    Yeah and I would trade it ALL for a little fix to Rock skin or something else besides rock skin.
  6. ARCHIVED-Corydonn Guest

Mit increase is underrated. Rock skin is fine.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kram337 Guest

I was the guy who asked that question; and in retrospect I should have replied to their "metric" answer with just because bad players use an ability doesn't mean the ability is good. Players use abilities all the time that are complete crap. Perfect example, go pugging for a day and you'll see necros using dumb fire pets. So does that mean because some terrible necros are losing dps by using dumb fire pets, that suddenly they're good?
    I haven't had Rock Skin on my hotbar for years.