RO/VC Question

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Pattywak, Jul 24, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Pattywak Guest

Earlier today I ran the x2 ToFS with my guild and our Alliance guild. The Coercer in my group did a huge amount more than she usually does on the first named in the zone. We found I hit a pretty high VC and she procced it 20ish times. We wondered how this happen and a question came to me...
    Does VC proc on pets? Meaning would her pet's attacks also cause it to proc if it meleed? And would thee same go for Illy or Summoner pets?

Thanks in advance.
  2. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

Chanters cast REALLY fast. They cast smaller spells, but hit a ton of them. Every single time anything is cast/used on the mob during VC, it procs it. If you have caster A hitting 15 spells for 2k damage per shot in addition to 15 VC procs versus caster B who hits 3 spells for 10k each in addition to 3 VC procs, even though the two are equal in damage by their own spells, that VC charge is going to be significantly more beneficial to caster A. If the chanter knows how things work and how to use them to their advantage, I'd be willing to bet that they threw all their shortest casting time spells while that VC was up.
    I'm willing to bet thats the single cause behind the difference. When VC is up, you want to throw as many shots as you can possibly throw in order to inflate the tar out of VCs output. Even if it's a dinky spell or combat art and you can hit 5 in a row for less than 2k damage, it still procs the VC damage on each one, and with a decent VC charge, that turns each one of those dinky hits into a mini-nuke. I've seen examples where VC alone has boosted the dps by 2 fold, and in uncommon occasions with a good bard, I've seen some VCs that were hitting for 40k per proc in heroic instances, and with scouts in group that can chain off a bunch of combat arts and with the chanter, it took our group dps from 150k per second up to 400k per second during the 10 or 11 seconds (depending on if it's dirge or troub with harmonization respectively) while VC was running.

Now back to your main question: since VC is "group (AE)" flagged, it should count every last person considered "within" your group, and since pets count in that flag for literally every single other spell in the game, I'm willing to bet it does for VC also.
    Edit: Just parsed it with an illy, and if the pets name is the exact same, you will not see them seperated in the parse in both act version 2 and version 3 (most people name their pet the same thing to boost their parse in the read outs), but both the player and pet proced VC just fine.
  3. ARCHIVED-Pattywak Guest

I knew that it procs more the more your hit (that's part of the reason I time CoB with it) and the coercer is actually my g/f so I've watched her throw dozens of spells while I'm sitting there casting 4-5 :p

We eventually timed my VCs with the mystics Stampede to give me some huge parses (for me anyway).

Another question if you don't mind answering, what is the actual proc rate of VC, is it 100%? Also will it proc on each tick of a dot or just the first?
  4. ARCHIVED-thewarriorpoet Guest

CoB is a proc itself and not a hit. VC does not proc off of CoB. I usaully time them as well, just for the fun of having as large a burst of dmg increase as possible.
  5. ARCHIVED-Pattywak Guest

No, but CoB does increase attack speed, meaning I hit more times during VC making more procs.
  6. ARCHIVED-thewarriorpoet Guest

Oh good point. I forgot. My haste is maxed so I tend to forget there is haste component to CoBs.