Rising Tide Effect

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by jsbake2, Jun 23, 2017.

1. jsbake2 New Member

How does this effect work? I am having trouble understanding..

Applies Rising Tide when Activated. Lasts for 10.0 seconds.
    • Applies Rising Tide on termination. Lasts for 10.0 seconds.
      • Increases potency by 90% of the caster's base potency
      • Cannot be modified except by direct means
    • Reduces Potency of caster by 50%
    • Cannot be modified except by direct means
    • The casting time of Rising Tide is 3.0 seconds and the reuse time of the spell is 5 minutes
    Thanks!
  2. Lemons New Member

Rising tide works exactly as the text says,
    You activate the item and lose 50% of your total potency,
    10 seconds later you gain the lost 50% then get 90% of that value added on top for 10 seconds, not practical for wearing the charm always but a decent pre pull clicky.
  3. Mathafern Well-Known Member

To use rising tide effectively you either:
    - Don't cast until the positive part of the effect takes place, this is best done clicking pre-pull, and then nuke once the potency boost is in place, or;
    - Cast lots of pointless stuff during the low potency phase to try to proc celestial gate, at which point the combination of celestial gate and high potency will make your spells insanely powerful.

As an SK, I find using this on the pull, combined with the reaver chain of fast cast blues once the high potency is in effect, I can get some pretty nice numbers on DPS and have no concern about holding aggro even on DPS who are also using the charm. Basically you say 3-2-1-click and everyone clicks their charm, then once the flame icon appears (meaning high potency) you blow stuff up.
    Xephane, Carynn and Scrappyz like this.
  4. jsbake2 New Member

Thanks for the info!
  5. Fleurs Active Member

You are supposed to cast 2 or 3 ascension spell while the rising tide and/or celestial gate are in effect to get the most out of them.
  6. Melt Actually plays the game

I like numbers, so:
    10,000 base potency
    5,000 after click for 10 seconds
    After the -50% wears off,
    19,000 potency for 10 seconds.
    Hope that helps.

I would recommend using a macro to swap to the rising tide then use it on a second click then another to switch back to your main charm after it is cast.
    Shmogre likes this.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

Scrappyz likes this.
  8. Melt Actually plays the game

Yeah if you've got a couple hundred bucks worth of kronos to spare.... You just need to be a pro and bid 3 dkp on a the black reaver charm before anyone realizes that it's 90% rising tide :p
    Mathafern likes this.