RIP BL

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by RIP_BL, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Billzbub Active Member

My wife's defiler pet does more DPS than my BL pet now.
  2. Paragonvii Active Member

Anyone know if this has been addressed or is there any plan to fix? I ask because I'm leveling a baby beastlord with my son ( just ding 100) and may reconsider if it's a busted class now.
  3. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the world of "NERF" balancing. They did this to the other classes many times over the years. I had to relearn to play my main 3 times since launch because of the nerf bat to it while it's evil sister got stronger. And I know players of other classes who have gone through the same thing. I guess it was just time for the Beastlord to get hit with that bat. But as a consolation, they make great crafters.
    Bhayar likes this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Part of the problem is that there's not enough devs at DPG that actually play the classes in their pure form to understand the ramifications of how decisions to make changes to combat may impact a number of classes adversely and devise a counter to ensure some sense of balance. When they essentially negated the ability of autoattack to be a viable function, it never dawned on anyone there that BLs pets are basically auto attack machines--as are a few other class pets. They later made some changes to the BL, but an accomplished BL I know hasn't figured out what they did. This is largely due to the language they use in describing what a spell/CA does, but the description actually doesn't make sense because there's no context to understand what it actually does. That isn't just a problem DPG has, but unfortunately, they can't figure it out. It's why corporations/companies use a concept called "useability labs" to test changes. Harley Davidson was famed for having their engineers design--and write--their own repair manuals, which no one but them could understand. Once they got over their egos and started having ordinary people "test" their instructions sheets, it become patently obvious what the problem was.
    DPG has a testing server, but how many times has the feedback from players been completely ignored. The problem is when your ego is so inflated you think everyone else is wrong, it's a downhill slide into mediocrity. I kept a sign in my office that said, "The only people who never make mistakes are the people who don't do anything." The real problem is admitting to yourself it could be screwed up and then having the courage to admit it and correct it.
    Paragonvii likes this.
  5. Paragonvii Active Member

I guess the greatest question is why on earth would they nerf a bl lol. I mean really? because they have minor utility? In my opinion, they weren't T1 dps anyway (but I believe they were originally designed to be T1). They were barely top 5 parsers, right? So because they can use spiritual stance and heal a touch then they get the bat. Well if that's the logic many classes have their special perks, but they don't get the nerf bat because of that.

Please fix it.

There are people who play these toons who have been working on there character's for years and years with not just investments in time, but money.

I would think nerfs would be the VERY LAST thing going on in the game right now with the current state of eq2 (unless its just a WAY OP thing). It makes people so pissed and people leave over that. Just being honest. If something was changed by mistake or not balanced properly, fix it.
  6. Obano Well-Known Member

Just before the nerf some beastlords were parsing 5 to 6 trillion. Though from my understanding it was based on an exploit and when they closed the exploit it pretty much destroyed the class. There is some behind the scenes stuff you didn't see and the devs weren't happy about it so they brought the hammer down. Blame a bunch of overachievers and exploiters for ruining beastlords.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

So rather than deal with the issue and the specific exploiters, the decision was made to go emo and destroy a class that a number of people played that weren't doing anything wrong. Once again, an immature decision that did nothing for anyone except salve a few egos. No doubt when that was done, they went back to pulling wings off flies...
    Mermut likes this.
  8. Paragonvii Active Member

I am still watching patch notes for "we are adjusting beast lords DPS" as I enjoy the class and have invested some time and money. From what I read, at one time it (early this year), it was on the "to do list".
  9. Sniper Member

Hey I still enjoy the bl as well but only play him solo/heroic atm. I mean imho if they could find away to beef the pet up some due to when dps became garbage so did pet and next put a way for us to get recovery speed(other than the 30% from temps) so we could build savagery faster I think we would b sitting in a good spot
    Paragonvii likes this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

experience shows that most of the time you just need to have to wait some time and they nerve another class in to the ground
    There never seams to be a nerve only a little to match the others , it always seams nerve or nothing all the way in to the hole .
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Paragonvii Active Member

^^exactly.