RIP BL

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by RIP_BL, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Iondus New Member

T1 DPS with group -manafeed, -heal and -buff stuff? :confused:
  2. RIP_BL New Member

This is so wrong My friens who is a ranger doing twice as much DPS as my BL now with almost exacly same gear.
    Before the patch i was sligtly before him on DPS.
    I dont know if he is a realy good player and i am realy bad player but this is the facts.
  3. Tupperbeast Active Member

That comes when maybe the class doesn't understand itself just because the class has these spells it doesn't mean that it is a support class.Both Beastlord and Channeler are hybrid classes that show their abilities.Depending on the player, the class was also OP, but does not mean that everyone has mastered this class as with all classes you have to find your way into his role. Better to let the class play like that than others who need a kind of bot or have to control a second account via macros ;).
  4. Calistix New Member

Ranger doing twice as much DPS as the beastlord as they should be. It is balanced now. It wasn't before. Beastlords are a support class not a genuine T1. Rangers don't bring any utility. No power feeds, no group heals. Rangers are straight up DPS and nothing else. Beastlords have other tricks up their sleeve and can perform many roles. If Brigands suddenly started topping the parse everyone would scream nerf, overpowered because they a are multi-roll T2 class not a one trick pony T1. Similarly Beastlords are T2 with multiple roles and guilds are still going to want Beastlords in their raid for that utility.
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

read test server patch notes
  6. RIP_BL New Member

Thats good news.
    Is anyone know how long a patch normaly is in test server? are we talking 1 week or 3 month?
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

it will go live on tuesday
  8. RIP_BL New Member

The problem now is that we are not even T2, i dont think ranger is T1 if you compare it with a sin.
    Should we compare a Ranger with a sin? Ranger stands 20 meter away and throws arrows when a sin needs to be close to the boss, behind, joust etc. You need to have alot more player skill to play sin then a ranger.
    Should they have compareable DPS because they are T1?
    Same problem if we compare mage with scouts, mages can stand 20 meter away etc etc.
    I dont have answer on this question but that is another thread

Back to the BL problem.
    If the developers doing this kind of changes they need to hear it because i have spend alot of money in my BL.

They cant implement this kind of patch without fixing our primals and loss of savagry gain. Its disrespectful.
    Yes and i agree, sending in a pet and doing alot of DPS is no good at all but it was the developers fix to solve BL DPS instead of fixing the class. With this patch they take our DPS away.

As a raid leader you dont take a BL into a raid because its utility, you take it for his DPS. Its so much better utility classes out there.

Its all about DPS(and heals/power), eg i am running solos with my dirge, ohh its a script on this boss. i am running it with high dps class, which script? Same in Heroics, you can bugg out scripts with high DPS.
    I dont know how they should fix this, i am not a developer, i am only a customer who playing a BL in EQ2 and have put in alot of money into this game.
  9. Generic Newb New Member

If you check the test notes, it looks like you won. But I would take exception to saying BL should be top T1 dps. I agree Assassin takes a lot of skill to master, probably more than most classes. BL should be a bit embarassed to be in the same dps bracket as Assassin if we're comparing the level of skill required to play. In BoL, a BL could roll his face across his keyboard and win the parse every time, just wipe his drool off the keys at the end of the raid. Top parsing Assassins are the F1 drivers of EQ2. Top parsing BL's still eat crayons.

It's worth considering too, that they have immediately rushed the fix to BL primals because of the level of rage on Discord and on here. So that tells everyone what they need to get their class fixed. Numbers, noise and persistence. So Brigands and Bruisers are forever screwed, because their numbers are small. It makes me worry for Channellers too. Their problem is the same as the BL's, they need their conduits updating, but their numbers are low and their collective voice is small. They're also not heavily populated with whales/wallet warriors like BL's. So I expect Channy conduits will be on the back burner now, which is fine until we start losing channies who get sick of waiting. And a missing channy is something you certainly feel!
    Exilya and Calistix like this.
  10. Tittle New Member

At least Brigands and Bruisers had something to betray to when their class sucked.
  11. Exilya Active Member

Should allow channelers to betray to a leather healer class and BLs to any chain melee class tbh
  12. Tittle New Member

THey should allow any class to betray to any class.
    Medro, Priority and Exilya like this.
  13. Exilya Active Member

People would be much less upset about all the class changes yep
    Medro likes this.
  14. Medro New Member

Swashbuckler doesn't seem to be doing too good right now either. Brigands are better off staying Brigands. But yeah players should be allowed to betray into any class they want. The game is bleeding out players right now. Something needs to change fast.
  15. Moss Well-Known Member

it is fun to see that when BL cries, a population of players who have invested a lot of money because they were OP the last expansion, they get a fix in less than a week (see last test patch note), but other classes could be let broken for years without any consideration

as all those cries for channeler and BL.. seriously ...
    Twofeets and Earar like this.
  16. Earar Well-Known Member

yeah ... maybe u don't spend enough real money on your toon Moss )
  17. Smashey Well-Known Member

When a game is as p2w as this game is now and has been for years and how much old grey content you need to do for clickies and other crap, can you really blame people for being upset? You need millions of plat or hundreds of dollars if you want to compete against anyone in this game and when they can swap balance over night, I would be pretty f-ing frustrated too if it happen to my class.
    Bhayar likes this.
  18. Balcerak Well-Known Member

As a BL with no chance of being top of parse, I just want things to be fair. When my warder got extra damage to make up for my lack of such I though ok that is fair. When all of the sudden that went away I thought hmmm I guess they don't know how to make a game. I hope channelers get their increases over 110 as well as well as any other class.
  19. RIP_BL New Member

I cant see ratio/differens between BL and other classes since path on thuesday? :(
  20. Jrox Well-Known Member

So much for a fix. It's worse now than b4...