RIP BL

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by RIP_BL, Jan 6, 2021.

1. RIP_BL New Member

When i start play yesterday and realized after the patch that they destroyed the BL is the most disappointed moment since i start playing EQ2 16 years back ago.

I'm not going to gear up a new toon again, i switch from bard to BL last XPack because i have played bard for years and its start to be more fun again with the BL, but now??!!

I have spend alot of daybreak money to fix this toon so i realize i should choose another class, like Monk, because its looks like they are untouchable if they want to decrease the DPS for that class.

But, i like the Beastlord with all the warders.

Please give us the DPS back on the warder and then do a revamp of the Beastlord class, you cant do it the other way around because then you dont need to do the revamp because noone playing a Beastlord.

Yes i know the warder did alot of DPS and it was easy DPS but do a revamp of the BL class before you doing this kind of changes, you need to look at the whole picture not sending us back to the 19th century without explaination.
  2. Mahateb Member

People have been complaining about not scaling advantages and primals since last 3 years. POP, CD, BOL.3 expacs passed now dev is saying that it is in the docket for this year. If that is the case then nerf pet when you are fully ready to implemenet the changes.
  3. RIP_BL New Member

Yes i understand people have complained about the scaling of advantages and primals for years, i am a noob on Beastlord.

I dont understand how the developers or lead architect thinking when the doing a patch like this? its for me big questionmark or do they not know the game mechanics?

I realy want to be on that meeting when they decide this change to understand how the discussed.

Bill the change manager > Is this affecting anything.
    James the developer > No its a minor change, we take a away little DPS from the pets.
    Bill the change manager > Is this tested?
    James the developer > Its a small change no test is require
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't understand what people are upset about. The beastlord in my raid is kicking @$$ and taking names.
    Calistix likes this.
  5. Revanu Well-Known Member

That’s an indictment against your raid force then. Don’t mean to be the bearer of bad news. But this xpac in a raid setting even predating the patch on Tuesday, if a bl was “kicking a$$” then your raid force dps is extremely underwhelming
    Clintsat, Melt and Priority like this.
  6. Observing Active Member

RIP BLs.
    Long live the new T1 DPS class, <censored>
  7. Sniper Member

If your bl is kicking so much butt on parse, can u please provide there name so we may look em up and then post a parse to show this butt kicking thank u
    Jamen, Schmetterling and Priority like this.
  8. Priority Well-Known Member

She responds to things on here all day, won't back up statements about BLs being amazing. Go figure
    Melt likes this.
  9. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

BL is broken

and still F°°°°K OP they dont nerved anything on it i saw parses like 1 Trillion of DPS and with 3 BLS a PQ was down less than 5 min normaly takes 40min or something.

Maybe i get a beatn and hated for this, but in my opinion as fromaly invented MAGE T1 DPS from SOE, the BL class was the biggest fail in history of EQ2, they did a class which can do all except CURE Curses and Dots if they add these tow abillitys they can cut off all other classes compleetly.

I am praying for years that BL will be neverd bak what it was supposed to be a DD but never a T1 one

Sorry but i am realy pis^^êd of the things DB is doing in the mechanics of DPS and other things thier are classes which are constantly nerverd addon by addon and some are ggting blown suggar into the back all the time.

And if they go on this way in the next Expa if we get one i will take my money away from EQ2 to an other game!!!
    Medro likes this.
  10. Melt Actually plays the game

Yeah even before the nerf they weren't even top 3. Top 5 in my experience, but our beastlord hasn't been as present.
  11. Revanu Well-Known Member

Pq parses and heroic parses matter, not to mention doing old content with new gear!! How could we forget.
  12. Sadus Member

The fact that Beastlords did most of its damage with the pet in recent expansions was not the fault of the players. For several expansions, it has been pointed out that the Beastlord's Primals and Advantages have not been adjusted. Why the problem was ignored for an extended period of time is beyond me.

With Tuesday's patch, the damage of the pet has now been lowered without implementing a solution for the spells at the same time. Apparently the developers don't have a timetable for this either. Sometime this year is not a schedule, it's just a slap in the face.

The problem was pointed out several times in the beta. Why is a beta being held at all when players seem to be completely ignored. Why wasn't the problem fixed during the beta? Isn't that the point of a beta? All the promises about how far they would be with the development of the new expansion compared to last year. If they can't fix all the problems for the release, they should have just postponed the release for a few weeks. Or at least they could have pointed it out. Simply saying nothing is no way to treat your customers. Didn't Daybreak want to improve communication with players?
    Smashey and Sniper like this.
  13. Occam Well-Known Member

PQ parses are absolutely worthless because they work differently than all the other content in the game. I've seen a poorly geared templar do 20x more DPS in a PQ than 3 of the top raid T1s on the server. In one PQ I was near the bottom of the parse regardless of how hard I was trying, when I got a phone call and stepped away for a bit. I came back just as the mob died to discover I had jumped from under 1 million DPS to nearly 2 trillion. The next highest person on the parse was under 20 million, and I did absolutely NOTHING because I was afk.

If you think parsing well in a PQ is an indication that BLs are not broken, then you don't understand how basic mechanisms of the game work.
    Kittybock likes this.
  14. Sniper Member

I could not agree more with this well put statement, and an answer of well primals and such are on the ticket for this year is a weak answer imo. If your heater on your home was out and the service tech said well we will get it fixed this year, you might b calling another company
  15. Hechada New Member

This is a disappointing change. Our BL is now doing a sixth of the damage they were doing. This will kill the sale of BL class on accounts
  16. Calistix New Member

Why are people complaining about Darkpaw fixing a bug? Ridiculous crocodile tears from people who just like to exploit things. Beastlords will still be in demand and in better shape than rangers. Ask ten guilds if they would rather have a ranger or a beastlord and ten out of ten will prefer the beastlord.
  17. Smashey Well-Known Member

I know me, cyank and other have made developers aware of the issues with BL and Channelers not scaling for at least 3 expansions and despite that its been complete silence. Yes they made red runes work with primals, advantages and conduits, but whats the point when they are dont scale enough to begin with.
  18. Sadus Member

is it really so difficult to understand. Since they adjusted the pet, the damage output of the Beastlords is crappy. They've missed adjusting the Beastlord's spells over the past few years.If you're going to fix the Beastlord, don't stop in the middle and then add the rest at some point during the year.
  19. Iondus New Member

Does the Beastlord make too less DPS? Does it do less than a Troubadour or a Dirge? After all, the Beastlord is a supporter and not a T1 DD.
    Calistix likes this.
  20. Tittle New Member

WRONG. BL was created as a T1 DPS.