Rift vs. Fusion

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-DfknW, Mar 6, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Banshye Guest

I was a warlock up until a couple weeks ago and have used both the Master 1 Rift and Master 1 Fusion. Rift was great for leveling up but Fusion is a far, far better spell for the "so-called" end game. I primarily run instances now and raid and while Rifting the drakes in HOF was always a whole lot of fun IMHO it just isn't nearly as useful as Fusion which I've crit'd for 22k raid mobs.
    The most noticeable difference between these two spells however, after damage, is aggro. I was able to Rift without a care in the world about aggro (Apoc was a different story.) Fusion however gets the attention of raid critters in a hurry. I took a few deaths figuring out how/when to use Fusion most effectively.
    All that said, I've been a wizard about two weeks and have been upgrading my spells as much I could afford to... still a few adept 1s to fix and obviously not nearly as many masters. A warlock I regularly raid with still out-dps's me on single critters quite regularly - he's fully mastered, has great gear and is a very good player. Warlocks aren't so bad off that they can't ever compete - even when I'm back up to speed and at the top of the parser (well behind the necro anyway), my warlock-friend is still going to be doing well over 1k dps on single critters.
    And to the guy who couldnt figure out how to solo with fusion, just send your protoferno out and root the critter till proto has aggro... then walk up behind the mob and fire fusion.
  2. ARCHIVED-TheBuzZ Guest

nope your 70 lvl 45 sec recast spell is an aoe ours is not.
    lvl 70 warlock
    1. chaostorm aoe
    2. Apocalypse 7080 that is 1770.00 dps per casting time
    lvl 70 wiz
    1.firestorm
    ps as a wiz I would love to have an aoe deagro...
  3. ARCHIVED-Kuleon Guest

Remember, counter classes often have opposing spells/arts at different levels. I'm not saying that they are not, but level alone does not mean they are. Sometimes, they can be as much 4 levels off.
    Message Edited by Kuleon on 08-24-2006 03:26 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Dajuuk Guest

The wizard has the following aoe damage lines.
    • Inferno Line
    • Wind Line
    • Fusion
    • Flash Line
    • Forge of Ro
    The warlock has the following aoe lines.
    • Nebula Line
    • Fury Line
    • Absolution Line
    • Devastation Line
    • Rift
    The number of aoe damage lines are the same. When you factor DI in as a single target spell with a chance to proc blobs of aoe death, and overall quality of spell lines, the warlock definately has an edge over the wizard in aoe scenario's, but its not as great as many people would like to claim.
    The wizard and warlock are very evenly balanced classes.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kuleon Guest

Food for thought.
    Who has the edge in PBAoE though? And is this a good thing?
  6. ARCHIVED-MilkToast Guest

Warlock and wizards aren't evenly balance anymore, in raids on single targets wizards out DPS warlocks by 300+ DPS.
  7. ARCHIVED-IllusiveThoughts Guest

you may want to consider casting rift on 2 or more targets in a raid setting everytime it is available, unless the next fight will have 3 targets and is going to happen in less than 3 min for it to refresh again.
    it would not make sense to me to wait for an encounter that had any more than 2 targets for using rift.
    The only part that fusion wins (if you want to call it a win) is on a single target raid encounter, rift may (depending on the range it hits for) lower the warlocks single target dps spending time casting it, instead of helping it, where as fusion will always increase the wizards dps as the base damage on fusion is higher than the cast time.
    Message Edited by IllusiveThoughts on 08-25-2006 12:17 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Keithoth Guest

all the i have experienced from casting rift is less dps ..sepcially during aoe battles....im spending 5 seconds to cast it ... and wha tall mobs are dead and it olny hits one :/
  9. ARCHIVED-Kuleon Guest

It sounds to me like Illusive is most likely talking about a raid setting, Keithoth. Situations in which mobs don't die in "5 seconds"...
  10. ARCHIVED-Selpone Guest

Know what I think? If you are jealous, then it's not too late to delete your warlock and play a wizard. Please leave the class to those who are happy with the class. This is of course directed to those who dislike being a warlock.
  11. ARCHIVED-MilkToast Guest

Why? I've invested a significant amount of time in my warlock and I want the class fixed because it's seriously broken now.
  12. ARCHIVED-GrinFaker Guest

Milktoast everytime youve posted youve been whining at this point, i think no one cares what you have to say
  13. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Milk if your been outdpsed by wizards on single target on 300DPS ... it time to learn how to play warlock dont you think?, gear up a little may be, may be choose different lines of AA?
    Back to Rift vs. Fusion
    In a sence of burst damage - Fusion is FTW no doubt but its more like cup de grace - either mobs deads after Fusion been fired or wizard will be dead soon after if mobs survived that assault. Rift on other hand totaly safe to cast from begining of combat - zero agro generated. Second advatage is range... For solo again Fusion is obviously FTW