Rhoen Theer's Slain Gods...who are they?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Xalmat, Apr 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

During the Rhoen Theer fight there are up to four runes you slay to grant him powers. Each of these runes is named after slain gods.
    • Pingyuan Diqu
    • Paixao
    • Zou Kunnen
    • Aniquilacion
    I wonder what kind of gods they were, and what kind of divine influence they had over Norrath.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    I wonder why 3 of them have Chinese names.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

well I'd say one of the best ways to figure out thier 'influence' in the planar scheme of things is finding out what kind of powers they give him...and making guesses from there. unless thier names can be translated into something that we can understand as an aspect of reality/planar influence.
  4. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Aniquilacion is very similar to the Spanish word aniquilación, which translated to English means annihilation.
    And according to Babelfish, "Zou Kunnen" is Dutch for "Would Be Possible".
  5. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

so maybe a previous god/goddess of war and magic there?
  6. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Paixao is supposedly Portuguese for "Passion" so possibly a lost goddess of Love?
  7. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Pingyuan Diqu (or 平原 地區 in traditional chinese?) loosely translates to "Plain area", or possibly the equivalent of Grass Territory. It's also the same name as a territory in China. So perhaps the lost god of the Plains, not unlike Karana?
  8. ARCHIVED-Maergoth Guest

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Naga we see in Nizara and the final vasty deep zones are the creations of one of these gods, or created in the image of these gods. There was hinting that the first zone was experiments with Botany, the second with animals/monsters and the third with beings of planar descent. They have always been shrouded in mystery and it would make a lot of sense if this was the reason behind it.

These dieties would all have to be responsible for severe upsets in the natural balance of things.
  9. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Sounds plausible to me, and reason enough for Rhoen Theer to step up and impose his sense of balance.
  10. ARCHIVED-Volerin Guest

What is the names on the runes are not slain gods, but rather messages, much like the doomsday calendar used runes from various planes?

Just a thought that came to mind as I read the translations of the names.
  11. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Volerin wrote:
    Corrected for you.
    Interesting hypothesis.
  12. ARCHIVED-Darth Stomper Guest

We still don't know squat about where the Wantxia came from, or anything about their culture beyond the small scraps that linger on Mara. Perhaps Roehn Theer had to take down part or all of their pantheon?
  13. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Anaogi@Mistmoore wrote:
    All the gods in Norrath belong to the same pathenon. It seems certain gods were eliminated. It also seems all the creations of these gods either eliminated themselves, were eliminated in an event that lead to their patron dietie's demise, subsumed by another diety, or simply forgotten about. It could also be that they are similar to Innoruuk in that they didn't create their own race and really left nothing behind to identify them outside of worshipers. The worshipers seem to have vanished as well if there were any.
    They could even be the patron dieties of the combine empire and the sole reason for its success. While its unlikely as unlikely can get we've got about that much solid information about both subjects.
    Now if your talking about the population of the Mara villages...they are human. So, they were created by the Marr Twins via evolution from Barbarian ancestors just like every other human in Norrath. Their culture, just like the culture in Qeynos, Freeport, Maj Dul, and Paineel was developed by the people that lived there and was more influenced by the occupations of the native people rather than their dieties. Cazic Thule is/was heavly worshiped by the Heritics that ran Paineel. Paineel hardly looks anything like the shard of hate and it have very few similarities between the Heritic's culture and the lizardmen of the Feerrott who also worship Cazic Thule, and the Iksar of Kunark who also heavly worship Cazic Thule. Culture have more to do with day to day life than choice of diety.
  14. ARCHIVED-KniteShayd Guest

tried some anagram generators with them, but got nothing...
  15. ARCHIVED-foozlesprite Guest

Wasn't it stated somewhere that Druzzil Ro, the current goddess of magic, was created by Solusek Ro? That makes me think that Zou Kunnen might not be a deity of magic, but a deity of fate, although I can't think of a current equivalent. Of course it's possible that Zou Kunnen was a deity of magic, and Solusek Ro took over the role when Zou Kunnen was killed, then Solusek Ro passed the mantle on to Druzzil upon her creation. Could definitely see the naiad connected to them somehow; they seem to deal heavily in magic so perhaps they were the creations of Zou Kunnen.
    I like the speculation here, since it's doubtful we'll ever get official lore about them.
  16. ARCHIVED-Jait Guest

I assume the Gods removed Theer for a very good reason. They wanted to replace certain Gods with their children.
    The absence of the Gods that Theer destroyed from the Spheres they represented probably gave them the idea. It's a waste of Lore if they don't follow up with this story. And it could very well be a setup for things to come. New Ascensions and such.
    It also seems to help explain the inconsistancy that many of the children (Demigods) didn't lose their power nor were they reabsorbed by the parents when they left Norrath but rather seem to be true Gods despite also being children. Confusing, I know.
  17. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

which demi-gods are you reffering to? Master Wu is still a demigod, but his plane of influence, Serenity, was reabsorbed by quellious. Vazelle is destroyed. so is Lanys, to our knowledge...or are you reffering to the 'lesser' gods like Druzzil and Sarymn?
  18. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

"Children" and "Parents" aren't really terms I would use to describe gods and mortals turned into gods. How is it an inconsistancy though? Some demigods just have more power than others. Some primary gods have enough power to save the demigods they created. Quellious for example. She's never been physically harmed or killed. She chose to withdraw her power only because she agreed to do so with all the others who really did need to recover. She had more than enough power to save Master Wu instead of abolish him.
  19. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    saryrn is a demi god as well. and last i heard Lanys was being held prisioner in the plane of hate, as a power source for innoruuk.

and here is a question.... what god created mayong mistmore? considering he seems to have been alive before the current set of gods showed up. and is the last of his kind.
  20. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

It's Saryrn, FYI.

We do not find out how Mayong obtained godhood in EQ2. Only that he did. We don't know who did it if anyone did. We don't know if any god created Mayong Mistmoore to begin with.