Rezz Song Fizzles

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Landsurveyor, Jan 25, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Landsurveyor Guest

I know that others have talked about the fizzle issue but I was wondering if anyone has found a way to practice the underlying magic skill to get it raised? I would like to be able to rezz and evac if needed or just be able to use it without 10-20 fizzles before it sticks? None of the skills list what form of magic they are. Anyone tell me what other spell uses same or anyways anyone has found to raise it?

Thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-Xeryna Guest

Like EQ1, spells / songs in EQ2 have their own independent fizzle rate in addition to an underlying casting skill. The Bria's mana song line for example uses Ordination as its skill, yet it fizzles far more often than other Ordination-based spells, even if you cast a much lower level version. I don't agree with the fizzle rate on the Bria's line, and I'm just shy of getting the rez song so I haven't experienced how bad that is yet. Slightly different fizzle rates for songs is ok as long as it isn't extreme like this, and I think it's probably supposed to be more subtle differences in fizzle rates (but EQ2's random number generator is far worse than even EQ1's, as evidenced by proc rates etc).
  3. ARCHIVED-Laureous Guest

I had Call of the Overlord fizzle on me...*sigh*
  4. ARCHIVED-Merendel Guest

heh I fizzle call of Q bout 1 outa 10 times I use it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Reiano Guest

We fizzled alot in eq1 why should this game be diffrent.
  6. ARCHIVED-Xanusus Guest

Here's how to get your res spell skill up. I believe it uses ministration as it's skill. Unfortunately, you get NO other abilities which use that skill. Don't worry though there's a way around it. Have a guildie or close friend of you die.(I suggest someone who's alrdy 50 so debt isn't an issue). Target their corpse and cast the res spell until it stops fizzling and actually begins to cast. Once it starts casting immediately move and interrupt the spell. rinse and repeat until you've gotten your skill up. you'll get skill ups regardless of whether or not you finish the cast. Hope this helps.
  7. ARCHIVED-CerraWhisperwind Guest

I thought bard songs were castable on the move? Does the res song require you to stand still?
  8. ARCHIVED-FatAggression Guest

even if you can cast bard songs while moving, you can always do a quick-cancel where you hit sit (x) and then forward quickly and that cancels spells. I have had to do this many times when i hit escape instead of my debuff because they are next to each other, works for everything i believe.
  9. ARCHIVED-Xanusus Guest

Res spell requires you to remain still. It is not a song but a spell. By the way it can be used while engaged in an encounter. the spell description states that the dirge can't be DIRECTLY involved in combat. So, in order to use the res during a combat encounter turn off atk for a sec, res, then resume attacking. I know alot of people were saying how useless the spell would be a while back since priests can res and because it was out of combat only. Well, I don't exactly call a spell that resses someone with almost half health and half mana and can be used during a combat encounter useless. I've saved the group on occasions just from this spell alone when the healer went down. I stop attacking res them mid combat and the priest has a fair bit of mana to throw around for heals to boot.