Reward for Daily Heritage Hunt Overseer Quest bugged?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Splint, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Splint Member

Hi folks,

I've been doing the daily heritage overseer Heritage Hunt mission, hoping for training reducers (mercs, mounts, familiars, spells).

The second crate is a "New Combine Heritage Consumables Crate". Examining it shows the only possible rewards are:
    • Cobalt Familiar Experiance (100k, 25k, 50k)
    • Cobalt Mercenary Training Reduction (10d, 20d, 40d)
    • Cobalt Extra Barding Slot
    • Cobalt Mount Training Reduction (10d, 20d, 40d)
    • Cobalt Spell Research Reducer (10d, 20d, 40d)
    • New Combine Heritage Rare Mercenary Bag
    However, for the last three days running, I have received a very undesirable item which is NOT shown in that list.
    • [Level 120] Vah Shir Extended Acumen I
    Super disappointing.
    Is this a bug????
    Cassta, FuRiouSOne and Jrox like this.
  2. Splint Member

Update: Have received Vah Shir temp adorns 3 days out of last 4. I'm consistently receiving loot that is not on the list of possible loot.
    Cassta likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Not a bug. These drop regularly.
    Cassta likes this.
  4. Splint Member

I appreciate your response, you have regularly provided good advice in these forums, so know that this remark is not directed at you...

But that is some blatant b.s. "bait and switch" crap. Or the worst impossible carnival ring-toss scam game. Customers are making a decision to invest time/effort/$money based on what is perceived to be the benefit, and instead of the advertised benefit, a lesser one is being provided. Bait and switch.
    Juraiya and Cassta like this.
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

There is no word "only" in the description, those are just some of the possible rewards, rare, special, few among many common ones.
    I really don't think you can claim any bait and switch here, there is very little time and effort involved in overseer missions.
    Cassta and Twyla like this.
  6. Splint Member

Of course you can, the amount of time spent acquiring the item is irrelevant. Not to mention, people pay real money for those crates too, either directly from the marketplace or as a batch of them when your monthly 500 DBC credit is provided.
    Cassta likes this.
  7. Chikkin Well-Known Member

This isn't the first season of crates, but maybe you haven't seen any older ones. This is not a bug, but maybe feedback worthy if you'd like them to list all possible rewards.
    Cassta likes this.
  8. Jrox Well-Known Member

Sig, I agree with the OP. It is a bait and switch as it is not listed on the loot table. If it was on the table you would know what to expect. They should update the examine window to show ALL, 100% of the possible pieces of loot. I have 2 or 3 toons with one full 48 slot bank box full of stacks of 10 mount barding unlocks, and constantly get temps that are worthless. But not all negative here, I love the overseers and do from time to time get things worth while.

I just think they should update the examine window to reflect all possible loot.
    Splint, Cassta and Bhayar like this.
  9. Taled Well-Known Member

The windows cap at a set number of shown rewards. They tried in the past to have boxes with a huge number of potential rewards show every possible item and it caused issues, so they no longer do so.

This is nowhere near the only box in game that does not show every possible reward in it, and unless they changed something they *SHOULD* all have a line at the end of the listed rewards that tells you there are more that you 'cannot make out' or something similar.
    Cassta likes this.
  10. Chikkin Well-Known Member

And this particular crate has that added as the last line after all those desirable items
    Cassta and Taled like this.
  11. Splint Member

Don't show only the rares and then imply that's the whole list. That's dishonest.

My preference would be
    - full disclosure of all possible items, with associated drop probabilities. If that is prohibitive, then
    - general description of all possible items, i.e. "A piece of armor or weapon, with a chance to drop an overseer item or a time reduction pot" Or words to that effect.
    Cassta likes this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There is money and effort involved in Overseers? How is that, exactly? You get prizes for doing almost nothing.
  13. Splint Member

Money: You can buy those crates for DBC, and you can also spend your monthly 500 DBC allotment on packs of them. I've considered the former, and done the latter.

Effort: Any time spent trying to maximize the bonus probability by matching agents to missions. I spend a fair amount of daily time on that task.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The OP said, "I've been doing the daily heritage overseer Heritage Hunt mission..." That's Overseers. No cost, very little time.

Now that you can double-click the icon for the trait needed and get a sorted list of available overseers that match the trait, Overseer missions take even less time.
    Twyla likes this.
  15. Splint Member

Heh. Even though I think you disagree with my basic point, you are still helpful and I still learned something from you. I didn't know you could do that.

I think you misunderstand my point, but it's ok. I do appreciate your replies.