1. Yolla Bordabean New Member

Returning player here. Played from release in 2004, on and off til about 2013 when my guild mates started to leave. Always loved this game. Would go to Wow because that’s where my friends were, but always came back. Going to sign up for All Access this Friday. I’m starting a new Paladin. I’m assuming the Kaladim server is my best choice? All tips/info welcome.
    Soara2 and Siren like this.
  2. dorotea Well-Known Member

It rather depends on what you are looking for. For lower level activity a progression server is wonderful - with the downside that if you want to try out content after its current expansion you need to wait. Quite a while for some of it.

If you want to focus on somewhat later content it is hard to beat Rivervale - not because that is a free trade server (I am not sure how much that actually affects gameplay) but because all characters get a totally free boost to level 95 when created. You dive right in to Age of Malice and the Vespyr Isles without having to level to get there.

If you want the most heavily populated server that is probably Maj'Dul - one of the standard ruleset servers.

If you mostly play during British prime time there is always the European English language server - I know little about it but it may be fairly low population these days.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Siren like this.
  3. Ryonyx Member

Both Kaladim Server and Paladin are excellent choices! You'll have no problem jumping in and grouping pretty much from level 1-70 if you enjoy grouping. Much activity of all kinds on this server at all times throughout the day. Many friendly guilds that don't mind helping new players/ returning players either! Come join us!
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Siren like this.
  4. Yolla Bordabean New Member

You were right! I signed up for all access today and joined Kaladim. Immediately found a guild. The population is good on this server, and I like the idea of timed content. Lets me get my legs under me without feeling too rushed. Thanks!
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Ryonyx like this.
  5. Silver-Crow Member

Yeah i tried coming back on Live, but found the gear gating mechanism demoralising.
    Restarted on Kaladim, and like yourself found a guild pretty much right away. Lots of chat activity and server seems pretty lively.

Kaladim is definitely has much more of the old school feel to it, and is probably the game most people remember.
    Live, everything is P2W via the cash shop. I don't regret moving to Kaladim one bit.
  6. Ryonyx Member

Totally agree with everything you said! Hopefully we run into each other in game! Best of luck in your time on Kaladim.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.