returning

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by the_test, Oct 19, 2019.

1. the_test New Member

Hi. Last time I played eq2 it was like 7 years ago. Since then it seems server Barren Sky was removed but I can still my character in launcher. When I select him and try to play, the game says "no such world found". What do?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Don't choose your character from the launcher. Press "Play" and choose from the next screen. It should have you in whatever server you got merged into.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  3. the_test New Member

It only offers to create new character.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

5. the_test New Member

I guess it's not. What should I do?
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

Ah! Barren Sky was merged into Thurgadin, which is the sole remaining EU server. If you want to play there, at the launch screen do not press play. Look in the lower left hand corner for a crossed hammer and wrench. Click on that and choose "select game version." There will be a drop down menu for you to choose EU English. It's going to need to download, though.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

https://account.daybreakgames.com/reg/forgotStationName!input.action

Do you remember the email account used with your old account? Try submitting it here. If all goes right, you should get an email on that email account with further instructions on merging the two.

I'm currently going through customer service, but I feel I'll probably have to wait through the weekend.
  8. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Also make sure to delete any cache folders within your EQ2 folder, at least if they have anything in them referring to Barren Sky. The game will recreate those folders, but references to Barren Sky can be messing things up, since it no longer exists.

Definitely follow Dude's advice though. Your characters will be on the EU server, so you'll need to select that version.
  9. the_test New Member

This worked! Thanks