Returning...

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Malianna, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Malianna Member

Hi, saw the new expac didnt have the "set in stone" requirements for returning players aka doing older content to progress and I figure id give eq2 one more shot.
    I'm wanting to play eiother a troubador,coercer or perhaps a warlock, but I cant really decide, since Im only wanting a single character to play with.
    I understand their playstyles are vast from each other, but I'd rather master one then flop to alts all the time.

I play on AB also, if that matters?
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  2. Sure Active Member

If you choose to remain on AB finding the right guild for your solo/group/raid wants/needs will be paramount, far easier on the other servers as more people, if you like a close knit small server then AB is way ahead of the other 3, others are a lot more 'boisterous' in gen.

Only requirement of new expac is be 100 adv. Though if you wish to do group/raid content you will probably end up doing quite a bit of old content for epic 2 and such, though not mandatory, people may give you hassle over it depending on who you may end up playing with.

Play the one you like, first two are probably a little more in demand than the last but if you get good all three are in demand.
  3. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I can confirm that Skyfire gen chat can be boisterous. And punny. What happens is you ask a question straight up, and 4 people kibbitz you, and two /tell you what you wanted to know. LOL I've been playing with these punks since it was the Freeport server, so I'm used to it. YMMV

If you're starting over, and if you're thinking of soloing, try the Test server. We need more people there. Can you believe it? Not even one accolade on the broker! But the silence is... golden. <3 It will pick up a bit after Beta is over and the new expac is out, but it's very restful just now.

You named my three favorite classes, well ok, I admit it, they're all favorites. Hehe. The warlock will be great in anything but a raid. The coercer or the trouby will get dragged into every group you offer to join, or even if you don't offer. I play a warlock because I like tanks that are Leroy's and it work out good because with Curvar Renda and the Epic effects, it's now impossible for me to single target. I mean I'd have to swap gear to do that. So I stay out of mechanical battles and just blow stuff up. Or make it wither, whatever, it died. Without Epic 2 for Warlock, you'll be missing some 10-20 fervor, plus the fervor on your weapon.

It sounded like you were trying to just jump in and not do long quests that are tied to the past, though. Just wanted to let you know because it can be a bummer. In the current content, not talking about the new expac... you can get stuck in a situation where you can one shot anything solo, but your grouping is still limited because your fervor isn't up yet. But that's not specific only to mages, anyone can get stuck like that. I'm hoping the next expansion does something about that. I'm looking forward to it.
    Prissetta and Xillean like this.