Returning to a dying game

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Avithax, Oct 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avithax Well-Known Member

Okay so in the journal of a returning from ToT, I banked many Kronos before I left but am unable to sell them to gain plat because the broker limit is 999999 plat and they are currently selling for twice that amount. There are no longer ANY supported UI mods for the game that enable even a savvy user to install so I cannot broker them and i'm in a rut with my super 110 boost considering my armor is crap and i'm broke.

Chat is dead, i'm hoping DB is reading this bec and proven in even otherause if they don't open the servers to play together soon there wont be any more transfers to sell. The only vibrant part of this game is ab_homeshow channel which is a bunch of decorators that like to chat.

DAYBREAK LISTEN: Open up the Megaserver PLEASE, save this game and milk it for .for as much money as you can. Maybe even spend a few bucks making the game playable by updating the broker to current currency values. You fired the economist so the economy has continued to spiral out of control, lapsed the UI to where players can't list items for current value and have done nothing to encourage players to bond which is the soul of any MMO.

I'm not even going to bother approaching you (DayBreak) as an avid lover of the game, I'm
    appealing to you as a businessman who knows when an investment is a losing cause.
    You can get YEARS by unlocking the servers and allowing us to retain our server alignments just as GW2, WoW and Archage have done.

For those of you who are in denial. This will be the last expansion if they don't change soon. We all play on the same contracted hardware, 1 server separated by servers that once were full but now need to be allowed to play together. How any 2/6 groups sit on 3 different servers when they could easily be combined to be a 6/6? How many X2's sit when they could be combined with another good X2 to take a dungeon down?
    I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat, this is a matter of a quick business decision on the part of DayBreak to continue to make money from the game it runs.
    blackjack likes this.
  2. flameweaver Well-Known Member

DarqUI over at EQ2interface has a broker UI element that will allow you set broker prices in excess of 1M plat.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Xianthia like this.
  3. The Fonz Active Member

You don’t seem to know much about the game to be so inciteful. Like Flame said, DarqUI is fully supported and allows you to make prices at whatever you like. Also, you can sell the krono on any server. I suggest not being on AB or IoR if you are concerned about population.
  4. Melkior Well-Known Member

If you look at the price of Kronos on the broker you will clearly see it is possible to list over 1M Plat. As others mentioned DarqUI fully supports pricing over 1M. The other way to do it with the standard UI is to keep hitting 999999g and add it to the price. It's a little slow, but will get you there.

My best advice if you are looking for others to play with is to try to find a good guild. Many people don't do PUGs and group with people they know or are guilded with. I agree cross-server groups would be nice, but wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

As someone who has played since launch, I'm going to say the forums have seen many a 'Do this or EQ2 won't see another year' posts. And yes, its not as populated by any stretch as it once was. For me far more concerning than cross server grouping is reduction of the grind introduced the last 2 years. But everyone has their thoughts on what would turn things around and make the game popular again,
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

The game isn't dead, but it has been on a steady decline for a number of years now - as happens to all games - with a more marked decrease in player numbers in the past couple of years. Even with the most recent round of server merges (which The Team have said there will be no more of, are NOT a sign of a robust community and a healthy game, by the way) some servers are still suffering a lack of numbers - compared to a healthy game.

It's fine to say that it's fine for you. However it helps no one (least of all the game) to be disingenuous about the actual state of things or pretend nothing is wrong.
  6. Bardonio Active Member

and then the forums imploded...
    Kheldar and Breanna like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yes, and the universe will eventually succumb to entropy and heat death. So? It's not gasping out its last moments NOW.
    Yado, Febrith and Siren like this.
  8. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Out of curiosity, how is the analogy you used here relevant to the point I was making?
  9. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Already Addressed:
    GENERAL
    • You can now enter very large values into the Set Price popup UI.
    Finora and Rhodris like this.
  10. JoeBoo Member

Give us membership discount for pre-ordering the expansion and even my wife and I would come back with our 7 accounts!!
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

You do get a discount if you're allaccess for pre-order. At least I did.
    Sigrdrifa and Finora like this.
  12. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

1st there is a way to get past 1m.
    2 not gonna tell ya you seem mean
    and 3 if you don't like the game.. don't play it it's that simple
    what this game does not need Is another negative player
    Quiarrah, Febrith, Blazen and 4 others like this.
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

Amen sister!
    Cyrrena and Siren like this.
  14. synthetic_astral New Member

I agree with you there should be a mega server at this point. We dont need four live servers when only one has a descent pop.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  15. Siren Well-Known Member

Okay, sorry peeps, but all this complaining about needing merges is exaggerated. I'm on Skyfire, the deadest server, and there are so many people running around even weekdays it's getting hard to grab the holiday glowies and pumpkins! And I have toons all over the maps. *Shrugs*
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  16. blackjack Well-Known Member

A megaserver would be amazing and I'd love to see them do it. Just to see new faces and meet new people would be amazing.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

And every single person here begging for a megaserver would be back here whining about lag if they actually did it. Remember, there's a balancing act.
  18. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

It worked successfully with Thurgadin. They merged eight Euro servers into one there. I have played on Thurgadin and never had any major lag issues.
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

I think the much more likely situation is that everyone who got to keep their name would be happy and everyone else would be really, really, really mad.
    Player2 and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Even if DBG merged ALL the servers into one, I am doubtful it would even come close to population counts housed on a traditional "mega-server" used by other companies.

It would just be the eq2 server, and I suspect would function just fine.

But as Dude said, there are other problems and considerations with merges.

I believe assertions by DBG that there will be no more merges is pretty informative.
    Cyrrena, Tekka and Rhodris like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.