Returning - Summoner, SK or BL?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Toggie, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Toggie Member

I'm going to come back for a month, and leave my upper end characters behind. I just want to see some lower content and work on my characters without the grind of ascension and the like.

I'm not going to get the free loving tank pets of EQ1 (of whom I loved, and I did install EQ1 just in case), but all classes are not equal. I didn't know how to make this post stand out from the normal "what class should I play..." but I've been removed from the game for long enough to lose most of the recent patch's changes.

Some things I've considered...
    1. I love conjurors, but tainted heals makes whatever pet I play a tank. Insta-cast 20% heals? Nummy. Big points for Necros.
    2. I loved BLs since EQ1 and have a proclivity for melee. There is an hint of more danger if you're the the fray. BL pets are fluff only though and are only good for proc'ing advantages.
    3. I always wanted the return of a strong pet class, but BL pets can't tank (ever), but neither can summoners after a point. I have all the years rewards to supplement gameplay and usually have a Lorr'kejut or a Boogher standing by. The AoE mystic is nutty for the healing and hps.

If you were going to start a noob just to themepark the game... would you go conjy (good pets and DD), necro (good pets, amazing heals and lifetap) or give in to a melee (BL: pets are lame, but needed for advantages, slows are no where near significant and a scout with a pet... instead of EQ1 monk / shaman)?

I appeal to you, seasoned pet lovers (not in the "ewww" way). Advice for a lost soul looking to rekindle nostalgia? It breaks my heart to see pets in their current form, but unless I want to endure EQ1 graphics and UI, EQ2 is my only other option. I'm in that... um, other game's beta, but that game has never had my love and hate like EQ.

Any constructive help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for all the run-on sentences and fragmented thoughts. My brains are al dente noodles these days, and I just want to find a game to call "home".

M.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Well hello and welcome :) Just wanted to say that. I can't really help there I don't care for the pet classes at all.
    Guntharr likes this.
  3. Treiko Active Member

Honestly tainted heals is not really a factor, especially if you are using a merc to heal. The only time I have to heal my pet is after a soulburn, and at end game regular pet heal does the job fine. All that aside, I vote necro... biased or not they are just fun. I did the conjy thing and I just couldn't stick with it.. not my cup of tea. I really want to love the beastlord as I did when it first came out, but when the class' namesake is only for show, again the flavor is not there. Whether you make use of tainted heals or not, I think the necro wins in this scenario. Good luck :)