Returning players!!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Chillies, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Chillies New Member

Hi guys and gals.

My friends and I have decided to come back to EQ2 after quite some years off from the series. Our journey in the MMORPG industry has left us with a void that needs to be filled that only once EQ series statisfied.

Was just wondering, what is a good end game set up consist off now days for dungeon runs?

Guardian used to be prefered tank with its agro control and damage mitigation, just wondering if it is the still the beefiest tank to roll. I used to have a Berserker main and a Illusionist alt, however I am considering rolling a Dirge this time round.

Healers for Dungeon set up, any advice?

All in all, I am quite excited to come back to EQ2, wish I never left all them years ago.........but no matter, we are back now!!!! 8- )

Cheers for any advice in advance, will be much appreciated.
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

The holy trinity still exists of tank, healer and utility. Utility can be replaced by dps sometimes, but not always.

Any tank is just fine for easy grouping stuff. If you start doing Hard Mode encounters then there are a couple of tanks that are more suited, and they're also the ones used on raids. That's Guardians and Brawlers (monks especially I think).

Healers are again all effective, but I'd personally say inquisitors have a lot of options to make them really useful. Reactive heals are good. I have experience with wardens and they're pretty goid also.
  3. Chillies New Member

Thx for the advice Regolas.
  4. Kalderon Well-Known Member

It´s all about gear, in the end. But grpcontent could be tanked by all of the classes. I do prefer paladin and sk, inqui or furie and dirge or coercerer as basic setup.
    last night i was in grp with a single 94 furie, healing all jungle instances, incl. 1 named at hardmode (or whatever that was ^^):rolleyes: